Furthermore no companies in Thailand are allowed to offer employment to any foreigners less than 1,114,995 BAHT annually.Thats part of the new requirements as well. And here are my observations. My Bangkok apartment rental: $1000 per month. If you’ve read my Bangkok cost of living breakdown from 2015, then you know I used to be a vegetarian. The average rent in Bangkok for a one-bedroom apartment in the city centre is approximately $910 per month, and utilities cost around $96 a month. A person working in Bangkok typically earns around $841 per month (After tax) and it's not qualification specific. The company that I’ve got offered will pay me 50000B a month. ), 1 min. THB. and if i would accept the offer there, can the salary afford to rent a house or room only. Cost of living in Bangkok (Thailand) is 49% cheaper than in Hong Kong. The total cost of living is around $1,299 in Bangkok. Comparisons improve with every new price that you enter. Tourist Ripoff or tourist double price is not acceptable to humble Taiwan government which must be learnt by Thailand where tourist Ripoff is a norm practiced shamelessly by both Thailand government and many places such as ATM withdrawal fee as much as 200 bath for tourists, double entrance fee, raising arrival visa fee from 500 baht to current 2000 baht, frequent dishonest cheating, etc. Hi I am Linny and I am Thai, live in Bangkok too, I am planning to move bangkok this month, can anyone advise me place for stay where i can find indian plp (expect little india) something near rama 3. what should be expected salary for 13 years Senior Architect in IT/Telecom industry ? And what kind of life some expat can live this amount? PortuguêsCusto de Vida em Banguecoque Can anyone provide any articles on this minimum annually salary? Exchange rate: I’m on 125k hkd which is roughly 600k thb /month. I’m a 35-year-old German entrepreneur living in Bangkok, Thailand. Cost of living in Bangkok, Thailand is $1,337 and it seems expensive according to the average monthly salary which is $841. ItalianoCosto della Vita a Bangkok Summary about cost of living in Bangkok, Thailand: Four-person family monthly costs: 2,313.29$ (72,071.67฿) without rent (using our estimator). (5 miles), Cold medicine for 6 days (tylenol, frenadol, coldrex, or equivalent brands), Short visit to private doctor (15 minutes), Standard men's haircut in expat area of the city, Basic dinner out for two in neighborhood pub, 2 tickets to the theater (best available seats), Dinner for two at an italian restaurant in the expat area including appetisers, main course, wine and dessert, 1 beer in neighbourhood pub (500ml or 1pt. Check below the data for the cost of living in Bangkok, Thailand, a South Asian city known for its ancient shrines and beautiful landscape. Thanks, Jill. of Prepaid Mobile Tariff Local (No Discounts or Plans), Internet (60 Mbps or More, Unlimited Data, Cable/ADSL), Chicken Breasts (Boneless, Skinless), (1kg), Beef Round (1kg) (or Equivalent Back Leg Red Meat), Volkswagen Golf 1.4 90 KW Trendline (Or Equivalent New Car), Toyota Corolla 1.6l 97kW Comfort (Or Equivalent New Car), 1 Summer Dress in a Chain Store (Zara, H&M, ...), Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course, McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal), Preschool (or Kindergarten), Full Day, Private, Monthly for 1 Child, International Primary School, Yearly for 1 Child, Price per Square Meter to Buy Apartment in City Centre, Price per Square Meter to Buy Apartment Outside of Centre. > Comparisons improve with every new data that you enter. Your use of this service is subject to our, Analysis of our Consumer Price Basket in Bangkok, Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course, McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal), Beef Round (1 lb) (or Equivalent Back Leg Red Meat), Volkswagen Golf 1.4 90 KW Trendline (Or Equivalent New Car), Toyota Corolla Sedan 1.6l 97kW Comfort (Or Equivalent New Car), Basic (Electricity, Heating, Cooling, Water, Garbage) for 915 sq ft Apartment, 1 min. Bangkok is 68% cheaper than New York City. Monthly net salary for most Thais in my locality 300-500 baht per day. Check list here Indian Grocery Stores. The cost of housing in Bangkok is more expensive than Thailand average and earns a score of 2 out of 10. # Roger Ian Tonge As of January 1,2019 the Thailand government changed its requirements for foreigners to live in Thailand.The current requirements are as follows.1,114,995 BAHT per year = $35,000 USD.Many retired foreigners are leaving Thailand because they cannot meet the requirements.The raise in requirements are due to alot of investments by the Chinese government throughout Thailand. I don’t really need any fancy. $841 is not a good salary according to average cost of living which is $1,337. #arda with that money your whole family can live there very nice wealthy western style life :). Your use of this service is subject to our Near subway or rail station will be ideal. It used to be 800,000 BAHT per year but the Thai government changed that as of January 1, 2019.$35,000 USD = 1,114,995 BAHT annually. © 2009-2020 Expatistan.com, These prices were last updated on November 12, 2020. Just a quick tricks, all mobile carrier / ISP has so-called "Retention Plan". / of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans), 1 month of gym membership in business district, Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in. For accommodation small studios can be found from around 5,000 Baht ( $152 USD) / per month up, then for the basics and necessities, I would budget for 300 Baht ($9.12 USD) a day. Hey. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans), 1 month of gym membership in business district, Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in. Apartment in the city in Bangkok, its price per squate meter is 200,000-250,000 baht. HKD DeutschLebenshaltungskosten in Bangkok #Roger Ian Tonge. See More. A cost of housing score of 1 indicates most expensive while a 10 represents cheapest. © 2009-2020 Expatistan.com. Maybe a project for later on this year. > That's like 15 US dollars becAuse I know your wondering.idiots fuxk, cost of breakfast----buffet on soi 5-would be 200 baht. Bangkok is the capital and most populous city of Thailand. Is it possible to save 30000B up every month? The price of condo in the city is now between 200,000 baht-300,000 baht per square meter. Tell us some prices in Bangkok. They are very reliable. The Relocation Assessor includes cost of living differentials for 10,000 areas worldwide and allows for customization based on salary, housing, family size, consumption, services, and travel. A cost of housing score of 1 indicates most expensive while a 10 represents cheapest. Cost of living index in Bangkok is 46.31% lower than in New York. Thailand is like a begger country forcing traveller passing through Thailand in transit to apply for a visa on arrival which costs a whooping 2000 bath which can be used to purchase 4 flight ticket of going from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. 2020 © ERI Economic Research Institute, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I love working, traveling, drinking coffee, and hanging out in board game cafes. Could someone please provide some insight. The cost of living in Bangkok can be cheap for a simple life; located outside of the city centre with many expats managing to get by on street food and simple accommodation. Full version Coffee. A single person costs: $1,187 per month. The information above is a sample of data available in ERI Economic Research Institute's Relocation Assessor. Family of four estimated monthly costs: 97,138 ฿. I got an offer of 36000BHT monthly before deduction and all the living expense I have to pay myself. Oh my god the Anonymous comments below confuse yearly and monthly salary CONSTANTLY. The above record is summarized from data provided by users and various references from internet. Who'd want to live in Thailand anyway not me because one brief visit was enough for me. I am researching retiring to Thailand and living outside of the City Centre in Bangkok. Any ideas? To generate detailed cost of living reports suitable for creating cost comparisons for relocating employees customized to spending patterns, please consult ERI's Relocation Assessor. The average rent of an 1 room apartment in the center of Bangkok is quite hard to specify. If you're okay with an apartment outside of the city centre that will be cost around $511. Thank you. Try a free demo of the cloud-based Relocation Assessor. ), 1 min. Add up your past jobs, education, and experience and find your market rate. Bangkok seems false expensive to live in according to the average monthly salary which is $841. However average Cost of living in Bangkok for family and couple is $2393 for students is $743 and for bachelor is $743. Hey, I will be moving to be BKK this Jan and my salary will be 60k THB in-hand. My offer salary id 40000 THB, is it possible to live in Bangkok with this salary. I'm single guy living in BKK as and expat and I'm sharing my monthly expenses: I am living in BKK now for over a month. Rent in Bangkok is, on average, 77.32% lower than in New York. Other costs will be around $499 including markets, transportation, restaurants, and sports and leisure for one-person. #Anonymous: Sorry, I meant to say 70k baht per month :)Could you please let me know if this is a good deal or not? For more insights check the list of average prices of Restaurants, Markets, Transportation, Utilities, and 40 more categories. Minimum Immigration department is 800,000 per year,NOT per month as in Anonymous' post below. It is known in Thai as Krung Thep Maha Nakhon or simply Krung Thep. EspañolCosto de Vida en Bangkok, Copyright © 2009-2020 Numbeo. Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district, Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar), 500 gr (1 lb.) I like to drink and mostly eat good, cheap vegetarian food. This article covers, Cost of living in Bangkok as of 2019.