Don’t forget to watch yourself and stay safe while travelling in this awesome place! Got hit by flying glass thrown by a prostitute at someone she didn't like. Unfortunately, not all tourists will go there for that very reason and so the well-intentioned are 'mixed up with the bad'. Just like anywhere on earth, you have to be aware of your surroundings, use common sense and follow your gut. I go to Falmouth and I love every min. No matter how beautiful. It was all caught on camera and to this day the lazy, incompetent police officers have not analyzed the video to make an arrest. Those few, thick-skinned, brave souls who do are very careful. - Microdac Videos -. It is an unspoken rule…Jamaicans are supposed to drastically overcharge tourists by huge amounts. I've also visited other countries that have a noticeable poverty problem, and you will realize that Jamaica very far from dangerous compared to other tourist destinations. Their education system as far as I am concerned is better than Western World because many people living in USA can not read, write, or do simple math. medical problems requiring hospitalization and/or medical evacuation (medevac) can travelers, with little to no apparent anti-U.S. sentiment. WE just got home from a cruise that stopped at Montego Bay. I am cautious by nature and I don’t take unnecessary risks, especially with my kids. That explains why those who say that Jamaica is "safe" have lived to say so. Every sense my friends found out I was moving to Jamaica they have been calling me telling me how dangerous it is to go there.there saying it's not safe even at the airport, omg is it really safe any place you visit. The Embassy medical staff does not recommend using medical As a single white female I had plenty of offers of sex but did not feel unsafe. There are also route taxis, which are like shared taxis basically. I haven’t felt unsafe at all. Or get a dollar from u. Esp on the beach in Negril. If you're driving from the airport with your luggage they will trail you and rob you. Education is great in Jamaica. narrow and carry large trucks, buses, pedestrians, bicyclists, and open-range Montego Bay is murder capital of world per capita. The only place to satisfy all of your guilty pleasures. Thanks for great place :). Tourists aren’t exempt: petty theft and robberies aren’t rare. Also, it’s cheap and sturdy to boot. Canterbury is also on the travel advisory's "do not travel" list. In the past two years only one tourist has been killed in the whole of Jamaica, a Canadian. Our second stop is Jamaica and we have an island excursion setup from the ship to tour around for 4 hours. Jamaica is a beautiful country that has its problems like any other country around the world. The Email address or Password is incorrect, World Nomads Contributor - Wed, 19 Aug 2020. read about lockdowns and border restrictions. Don’t be afraid to ask or call out for help if you feel threatened or encounter individuals who make you feel uncomfortable.