Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Lana, An AR search for a pound cake that didn't need sour cream like my usual recipe (because I was all out) turned this up and what a fabulous find! This is it. But, they’re messy and can take a while to assemble. These caramel apple desserts are full of that fantastic flavor but way easier to make. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. He's also been featured in the Pillsbury Bake Off recipe book in the 1960's. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan. Mix ingredients on low and mix just until ingredients are combined. Since then, pumpkin pie has evolved. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). These simple and spectacular Southern cakes deserve a comeback, These sides will be the real stars of Thanksgiving dinner. https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/cream-cheese-pound-cake #thanksgiving #recipes #easy #easyrecipes #dessert #pecanpie #cheesecake #Delish #cake, This white velvet buttermilk cake recipe is my FAVORITE cake recipe out of all of them. This recipe is a very nice surprise! Ingredients 6 eggs 1 cup butter 2 sticks 3 cups sugar 3 cups all purpose flour 1 cup whipping cream also known as Heavy Cream 1 teaspoon vanilla Exceptional, with expertly written instructions for those not familiar with the techniques necessary to make a perfect, heavenly pound cake. 487 calories; protein 5.7g 11% DV; carbohydrates 68g 22% DV; fat 21.8g 34% DV; cholesterol 137.9mg 46% DV; sodium 130.5mg 5% DV. Cake should be very brown but not burnt. I'm able to configure it and do what I want to it. You can feel free to skip the cream cheese glaze if you want. MyCakeSchool.com Online Cake Videos, Tutorials, Recipes, and More! In a large bowl whisk or sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. The recipe is basic as well as quite forgiving. This cream cheese cake recipe takes all of the best parts of a classic pound cake and kicks it up with a creamy, dreamy, and slightly tart ingredient that makes us wonder why we didn’t think of this little concoction sooner. Add other ingredients. Fall and caramel apples go together like peas and carrots. Make this recipe for dessert tonight! 74.6 g Preheat oven to 325°F. I on the other hand LOVE this new recipe. I'm making it for Thanksgiving right now. Lawd ha mercy... talking about good stuff! I added lemon to the glaze not in the cake itself and loved it! The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Combine butter and shortening in mixer bowl. Have my eyes deceived me???! This Butter Pound Cake has such a wonderful velvet-y texture and is loaded with lots of butter-y and vanilla flavor. I get mad when I see, Lemon Velvet Cake w/ Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting. Fill the middle with berries and it’s ready for its closeup! I've also tried using coffee creamer when I dont have heavy cream and it works great! Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2020 Divas Can Cook, LLC 
 | Privacy Policy Discolsure Policy. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Crunchy Top Pound Cake 6 eggs 1 cup butter (2 sticks) 3 cups sugar 3 cups all purpose flour 1 cup whipping cream (also known as Heavy Cream) 1 teaspoon vanilla Instructions Grease and flour tube (or bundt) pan and set out eggs and butter to allow them to come to room temperature. We won’t blame you for telling them all it’s an old family recipe, your secret is safe with us. The trendy haircuts you’ll be seeing everywhere next year. I use all purpose flour and just remove one Tablespoon of flour from each cup. Southern Living is a registered trademark of, These Haircuts Are Going To Be Huge in 2021, 140 Thanksgiving Side Dishes That’ll Steal the Show, 7 Paint Colors We’re Loving for Kitchen Cabinets in 2020, 50 Books Everyone Should Read in Their Lifetime. Some use cake flour, some all purpose flour, but the more you make this pound cake you'll find you won't even need a recipe for it anymore because the "formula" is so simple and straightforward, the ingredients and measurements like science. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. This cake took 20 min. In a large bowl cream together shortening, butter and cream cheese. But yeah, this pound cake had to get up out of my house the next day! Add sugar and continue beating for 5 minutes, scraping down bowl occasionally. I didn't think I'd ever find another pound cake recipe that I'd enjoy as much my old standard. Stir in vanilla and almond extract. Southern Peach Cobbler is the perfect summer dessert! Add eggs and blend well. I made this cake exactly as written to take to my granddaughter's third birthday party and it received rave reviews. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. ! Look what I stum, Have you tried Ghirardelli Sugar Cookie squares ye, Fried Sweet Potato Hand Pies!! It features a perfectly crunchy crust and a fluffy and creamy inside that makes each bite an experience, to say the least.