47 West Craig Street But here’s a picture of the finished dish before serving. I have no argument with the ingredients. INGREDIENTS: CULTURED NONFAT MILK, MILK, CREAM, STABILIZER (WHEY, CORN STARCH, SORBIC ACID, GUAR GUM, CITRIC ACID, LOCUST BEAN GUM, CARRAGEENAN, SOY LECITHIN, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE) SALT, NATURAL FLAVOR, ENZYMES. Organic, made with high-quality milk, and few or no additives. Cottage Cheese Pasteurized: Yes Gluten Free: Yes Kosher: Yes Available Sizes: 24oz, plastic 16oz, plastic Info: Large Curd, 4% milkfat. The Man and I prefer large curd but that choice was not offered. Which variety would you like to review? Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Daisy Brand Daisy Cottage Cheese 4% Small Curd 24oz. Featured . I host tasting and educational cheese events. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Try checking your spelling or use more general terms. I am available for cheese events, cheese program development, cheese training, food safety training and 3rd party food safety auditing. In addition to the cottage cheese, I used Cabot Cheddar and Monterey Jacks and topped with Parmigiano Reggiano. Charleston, West Virginia 25302 After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. ingredient changes. 5-Spoon Rating Top-rated cottage cheese. ), Last night I posted a picture of a scoop of Daisy CC on my Facebook profile with my dismay at the curd size and shape. UPC 013420524407. In the ten plus years of talking about cheese at this website, Spaulding Gray and I have had one steadfast rule: Praise Cheese in all its glory and stay away from criticizing or denigrating this amazing, healthy food. Call 706 245 6586 to reserve your table now to celebrate this day with your favorite Valentine. 130 reviews. Martins Ferry, OH Even worse, it’s obviously machine cut into perfectly squared pieces. I had never tasted it before. Martins Ferry, Ohio 43935 Daisy Brand Daisy Cottage Cheese, Low Fat, Small Curd. 1/16/2019… well… maybe not… I took Bob’s advice and blended the cottage cheese and made a “lasagna” (I had no lasagna noodles and used whole wheat spaghetti instead. UPC 073420532208. Skip to main content. One of my Foodie Friends, Bob Wedemeyer, of That’s What Bob is Cooking replied “I don’t buy Daisy for just that reason. I didn’t mention Daisy in the original posting. Rarely do I disagree with Costco choices…. Daisy Brand low fat cottage cheese. The Man and I prefer large curd but that choice was not offered. UPC 073420000066. You eat cottage cheese because it’s good for you; packed with protein and calcium. Save the date and make your reservations now: Valentine’s Evening, February 14th, at Blue Haven Bee and Southern Origin Meadery Wine Bar: Five luscious hors d’oeuvre, fresh field green salad with French feta, Chocolate and bubbly. Let’s face it, cottage cheese is usually not eaten because of its outstanding flavor profile. Daisy Brand Light Sour Cream. I’ll post the recipe tomorrow. $40 per person. Variations may occur due to formula and 13g of protein per serving. View all posts by marcella, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Cheeselandia 2018 – Sponsored by The Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin, American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professional, ServSafe Certified Instructor and Proctor, Blue Haven Bee and Southern Origin Meadery Wine Bar. It may become my “go to” lasagna recipe going forward. The “small” curd is less than small; it’s tiny. Nutritional information may change. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Uniontown, Pennsylvania 15401 By Sarah S. Rochester Hls, MI. Dry curd cottage cheese (dccc) can also be called farmer’s cheese, quark, or baker’s cheese depending on who you ask. Kalona Super Natural 2% Reduced Fat : Yes: Kalona Supernatural: 2150: Kalona Super Natural 4%: Yes: Kalona Supernatural: 2150: Nancy's Organic Probiotic Low Fat: Yes: Nancy's: 2125: Nancy's Whole Milk: Yes: Nancy's: 2125: Good Culture Organic Whole Milk: Yes: Good Culture: 2095: … Yuck; and yuck is a polite word for my reaction. Those curds brought to mind everything I find wrong with “industrialized” cheese: perfectly formed with no personality; nothing to make it special. Natural ingredients but no personality. (All hat; no cowboy. I LOVE their sour cream, but was HUGELY disappointed in the cottage cheese.” He immediately knew it was Daisy from experience and the photo. Serving Size: 1/2 Cup (113g) Servings Per Container: 6 Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 8%Vitamin D 0% INGREDIENTS: CULTURED NONFAT MILK, MILK, … But… and as has been said on many times in my lifetime… whenever you use the word “But”, you negate every word that came before… so be it…, Last week I bought a bucket of Daisy Low Fat Small Curd Cottage Cheese at Costco. 508 Roane Street In addition to being an American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professional, I am a Certified ServSafe Food Production Manager with certifications that also include ServSafe Certified Instructor and Proctor. Nutritional information may change. 300 North Fifth Street Interesting observation: On the Daisy Brand website, the heavy weight is given to their sour cream with only one picture featuring the cottage cheese and on Twitter their profile name is DaisySourCream with no reference to their cottage cheese – gotta make me wonder why??? EAN 2074326000158. Last week I bought a bucket of Daisy Low Fat Small Curd Cottage Cheese at Costco. Comprehensive nutrition resource for Daisy Cottage Cheese, Small Curd, 4% Milkfat Minimum. The Man swooned. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. 740-633-1451 • 800-252-1542, Uniontown, PA Costco keeps their costs low by offering fewer choices in each category; often only one choice; you can bet it will be the “best” quality in that category. My gripe is the size and shape of the curd. He suggested I blend it and use it to make lasagna… guess what The Man and I are having for lunch today…. * Servings per container may vary based on the size of the container. Daisy Brand Sour Cream. This is part of our comprehensive database of 40,000 foods including foods from hundreds of popular restaurants and thousands of brands. That’s it. Daisy Brand Cottage cheese. It’s surprisingly difficult to find the full-fat versions of these cheeses on the shelves; a number of groceries around here stock only the 2% “low-fat” varieties — which is a shame, since I’ve yet to find a low-fat cottage cheese that’s worth my time. No artificial growth hormones. (800) 321-7941, United Dairy A Family Tradition Since 1954. janvier 26 2020, 6:21 pm. UPC 468863721027. I have never had the opportunity to taste Cowgirl Creamery Cottage Cream; it gets kudos from those who have, including James Beard Winning Writer, Janet Fletcher. I am a member of the Internationale Guilde des Fromagers and an American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professional. Learn about the number of calories and nutritional and diet information for Daisy Cottage Cheese, Small Curd, 4% Milkfat Minimum. Costco keeps their costs low by offering fewer choices in each category; often only one choice; you can bet it will be the “best” quality in that category. But (there’s that word again), generally, you pair cottage cheese with food that adds a flavor punch to make it more palatable. Daisy Brand Daisy Light Sour Cream. UPC 073420000158 . Try Prime All Go Search EN Hello, Sign in Account & Lists Sign in Account & Lists Orders Try Prime Cart. I combined the CC blend with half of the Cheddar and MJ and two eggs to make the filling. I can only recall two, maybe three, posts that were less than positive about cheese and one of those was more “tongue-in-cheese” review than a serious negative critique of that particular style of cheese. Start your review of Michigan Brand Cottage Cheese Large Curd! EAN 3014370516808. It is made similar to wet-curd cottage cheese, but the milk/cream is not added at the end. It may be time to take Janet’s advice and make my own…. Basically, you have something that looks like crumbly feta cheese that does not have the wetness of common grocery store cottage cheese. You can’t get any “cleaner” . Variations may occur due to formula and ingredient changes. On the positive side, Daisy Cottage Cheese is clean; the ingredients are simple: Cultured Skim Milk, Cream and Salt (the low-fat also includes Vitamin A palmitate) – . Sadly, in my neck of the woods, I have no access to small-batch CC. See my About Me and Resume pages for more details or call me at 360 921 9908 to discuss availability. 73 reviews. Even the best of the best small-batch has little taste beyond reminding the taster of high quality, fresh milk. My family always has this brand of cottage cheese in the fridge. Amazon.com: large curd cottage cheese - Daisy Brand. 724-437-7931 • 800-966-6455, Charleston, WV Find a variety. The Man and I love cottage cheese; our favorite pairing is with pineapple and cracked black pepper. Featured Most Recent Highest Grade Lowest Grade Most Helpful With Photo Test Verified. Back to Daisy Cottage Cheese.