Proverbs 18:10 says, "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." If you're reading this page, you've probably already begun to humble yourself and resubmit your will and your ways to God: The first act of rededication is to confess your sins to the Lord, Jesus Christ: You can pray in your own words, or pray this Christian rededication prayer. If you need to write a dedication in the front of a bible, just write something like " I hope you enjoy this book. I have given several Bibles as gifts and have always written a dedication in them. Instead, change the way you think. If you are inscribing several Bibles, such as for a class, you might choose to use a computer. Then you will be prosperous and successful." Cherish it and hide it in your heart. Tell them what it is and what it means to you. Copy the message onto a clean page at the front of the Bible. Mulligan holds an M.B.A. from the University of Phoenix. Get your answers by asking now. We are to focus on Christ and find out what he wants us to do every day through a relationship with him. Only as we follow this way of life can we understand and know who Jesus really is. you could say "whoever owns this bible now i hope you fullfill a life to the fullest one of my favorite books is this bible you are holding in your hands at this moment my favorite verse in this bible is ________ so i hope you enjoy this bible!". If you need to write a dedication in the front of a bible, just write something like " I hope you enjoy this book. Consider setting aside time for daily devotions. Pick a story out of the bible and add commentary. And maybe a combination of any of the aforementioned ideas. A Bible inscription with this verse can remind believers that like everything else we learn, you must study and practice it as it is intended to be successful. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. The two words refer to the act of setting apart people or things from the ordinary affairs of life and presenting them to God for his service (Exod 13:2,12; 29:1,22; Num 7:10-11; 1 Sam 1:11,24-28; 1 … i need to write a dedication to someone who will own a bible in the future, i dont know the future owner of it though and im not a good writer so any ideas? Regardless of how old we are, we never stop learning. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. If I’m Christian do I HAVE to love everyone? Discover the privilege and adventure of spending time with God. use this as a light in your darkest moments ? Whether you’re studying times tables or applying to college, Classroom has the answers. ", For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avciP. Believers in Christ know where their strength comes from and seeing these words inscribed on a gift is a constant reminder of God's promise in a positive "can do" affirmation statement. Reading Psalms 118:24 can bring the reader back to reality. Terry Mulligan has been writing since 2007. To many people worship the "Book" itself, and talk about how it is the word of god. Philippians 4:13 reads, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." They were looking for miracles and healing. Consider incorporating parts of this passage into your own prayer of rededication: In this passage, Jesus told his followers they were seeking the wrong thing. It is inspiring to know that everything we need is written for us and left as a road map for believers in Christ to prosper and be successful. An inscription of this Bible verse can bring the recipient the comfort of knowing that there is protection for those who live a Godly life in the name of the Lord. Joshua 1:8 reads, "Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. I always pray about what to write first and take into consideration who, why, when, etc. This kind of worship is appropriate for you. Since 39.5K+ different "Christian denominations," Why is everyone serving a different god (I Cor 8:5) when Christ has one mind (Phil 2:2)? Whether you place an inscription on the pages of a gift Bible, on the inside of a wedding band or in a simple letter to a friend, the best Bible inscriptions are the ones that encourage and lift up the reader. Based on the Word Net lexical database for the English Language. All they need is to call on the name of the Lord in the presence of danger to reap the rewards of being devoted and faithful to Christ. Dedicate Your Lives to God. If you incorporate prayer, praise, and reading the Bible into your daily routine, it will help you stay focused and dedicated wholly to the Lord. I dedicate this Word of God to the person who is seeking God's Truth and Will for your life. 12 Brothers and sisters, in view of all we have just shared about God’s compassion, I encourage you to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, dedicated to God and pleasing to him. Let this gift be an insperation, a guide, and a comfort to you each day. ", Learn Religions uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. Give thanks to God for a change of attitude so your heart can return to what is most important. Verse-By-Verse Commentary: Philippians 4:13, Delighting in His Richness: Verse of the Week - Joshua 1:8. The Lord told them to stop centering their attention on things that would please themselves. Hope when you are down, Answers when you are confused, and Rejoicing when you are happy. Romans 12:1-2 (New International Version) 1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual[a] act of worship. Mary Fairchild is a full-time Christian minister, writer, and editor of two Christian anthologies, including "Stories of Cavalry. Only this lifestyle leads to eternal life in heaven. Proverbs 18:10 says, "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." Keep it close, and refer to it as needed! © 2020 Leaf Group Ltd. / Leaf Group Media, All Rights Reserved. It will be super easy and meaningful. ', A Simple Salvation Prayer for Young People, A Prayer and Bible Verses to Help With Temptation, General Biblical Studies, Interdenominational Christian Training Center. haha (: How do you think about the answers? Seek the Lord first in everything you do. This famous passage contains King David's rededication prayer after Nathan the prophet confronted him with his sin (2 Samuel 12). Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Still have questions? Psalms 118:24 states, "This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." If you recognize the need to rededicate your life to God, here are simple instructions and a suggested prayer to follow. According to common usage, ‘dedication’ is another word for ‘consecration’. May God burden you with the need to share this Word with others who need to know God's plan, love, and mercy and keep the treasure of the gift of God hidden in your heart always. Discover the privilege and adventure of spending time with God.