Dedication-offering . Ezra 6:17And offered at the dedication of this house of God an hundred bullocks, two hundred rams, four hundred lambs; and for a sin offering for all Israel, twelve he goats, according to the number of the tribes of Israel.Topicalbible.org, 2 Chronicles 7:5And king Solomon offered a sacrifice of twenty and two thousand oxen, and an hundred and twenty thousand sheep: so the king and all the people dedicated the house of God.Topicalbible.org, 1 Chronicles 26:27Out of the spoils won in battles did they dedicate to maintain the house of the LORD.Topicalbible.org, Numbers 18:14Every thing devoted in Israel shall be yours.Topicalbible.org, 1 Chronicles 26:26Which Shelomith and his brothers were over all the treasures of the dedicated things, which David the king, and the chief fathers, the captains over thousands and hundreds, and the captains of the host, had dedicated.Topicalbible.org. Feast of Purim, 14th 'Adhar 4. Psalm 30 A Psalm; a Song at the Dedication of the House. "Unto Him who loveth us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and hath made us kings and priests unto God His ... //christianbookshelf.org/gaebelein/the lord of glory/dedication.htm, Dedication ... DEDICATION. For believers who wish to dedicate their house to the Lord, a simple prayer will suffice. ‘However, the firstborn among animals, which as a firstborn belongs to the Lord, no man may consecrate, whether an ox or a sheep. You will devote to the Lord the spoils you take from them, and dedicate their wealth to the sovereign Ruler of the whole earth. 1 Samuel 1:11. Prepare and dedicate the nations for war against her—The kings of Media,With their governors and commanders,And every land of their dominion. ABOUT two months ... /.../edersheim/the life and times of jesus the messiah/chapter xiv at the feast.htm, Dedication Hymn. All the firstborn males of your livestock belong to the LORD. If you do not, my anger will blaze up like a flaming fire against you that no one will be able to extinguish. 2. Dedicate a fast and call for a solemn assembly! See CONSECRATION; SANCTIFICATION. Dedication-offering, Dedication-song. (Luke 13:22; John 10:22-42.) International Standard Version Copyright © 1996-2008 by the ISV Foundation. .../d/dedication-song.htm - 6k, Eriaku... Eri-Aku: In addition to a number of contract-tablets, the following inscriptions mentioning Eri-Aku or Warad-Sin are known: (1) A dedication, by Kudur-mabuk .../e/eriaku.htm - 11k, Eri-aku... Eri-Aku: In addition to a number of contract-tablets, the following inscriptions mentioning Eri-Aku or Warad-Sin are known: (1) A dedication, by Kudur-mabuk .../e/eri-aku.htm - 11k, Ezra (28 Occurrences)... After the ruined wall of the city had been built by Nehemiah, there was a great gathering of the people at Jerusalem preparatory to the dedication of the wall. A false .../s/shemaiah.htm - 29k, Fasts (3 Occurrences)... POST-EXILIC 1. ... HUMILIATION AND DEATH. 2 Maccabees 10:6, 7 says it was kept like the Feast of the Tabernacles, with the carrying of palm and other branches, and the singing of psalms. Dedication, Dedication-gift. "The rose was rich ... one, still!". Just as ritual circumcision cuts away the foreskin as an external symbol of dedicate d covenant commitment, you must genuinely dedicate yourselves to the Lord and get rid of everything that hinders your commitment to me, people of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem. And the officers shall speak unto the people, saying, What man is there that hath built a new house, and hath not dedicated it? (WEB JPS DBY WBS YLT RSV NIV), Proverbs 20:25It is a snare to a man to make a rash dedication, then later to consider his vows. ... /.../shaw/touching incidents and remarkable answers to prayer/dedication.htm, Dedication. Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers. “Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them, ‘When a man or woman makes a special vow, the vow of a Nazirite, to dedicate himself to the Lord. Fast of Esther, 13th 'Adhar 3. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy: It shall be on Aaron’s forehead, and Aaron shall take away the guilt from the holy things which the sons of Israel dedicate, with regard to all their holy gifts. The dedication of the first-born had its origin in the earliest times. Just as ritual circumcision cuts away the foreskin as an external symbol of dedicated covenant commitment, you must genuinely dedicate yourselves to the Lord and get rid of everything that hinders your commitment to me, people of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem. New American Standard Bible Copyright ©1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, Calif. All rights reserved. Natural affection ... /.../christianbookshelf.org/philips/the christian home/chapter x home dedication.htm, At the Feast of the Dedication of the Temple. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Ezra 6:17They offered at the dedication of this house of God one hundred bulls, two hundred rams, four hundred lambs; and for a sin offering for all Israel, twelve male goats, according to the number of the tribes of Israel. 3. Should a Christian celebrate Hanukkah (Christmaskah)? "International Standard Bible Encyclopedia". (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Psalms 29:11Jehovah will give strength unto his people; Jehovah will bless his people with peace. (n.) A devoting or setting aside for any particular purpose; as, a dedication of lands to public use. Topical Bible Verses Ezra 6:16 And the children of Israel, the priests, and the Levites, and the rest of the children of the captivity, kept the dedication of this house of God with joy. AT THE FEAST OF THE DEDICATION OF THE TEMPLE. Gather the youngsters and even the nursing infants. For Permission to Quote Information visit http://www.lockman.org, NET Bible copyright © 1996-2006 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. A religious ceremony by which any person, place, or thing was devoted to a holy purpose. It was an occasion of much rejoicing and festivity. Bibliography Information "Entry for 'DEDICATE; DEDICATION'". (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Daniel 3:3Then the satraps, the deputies, and the governors, the judges, the treasurers, the counselors, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, were gathered together to the dedication of the image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up; and they stood before the image that Nebuchadnezzar had set up. “Tell Aaron and his sons to be careful with the holy gifts of the sons of Israel, which they dedicate to Me, so as not to profane My holy name; I am the Lord. | GotQuestions.org, What is a solemn assembly in the Bible? I will extol you, Yahweh, for you have raised me up, and have not made my foes to rejoice over me. (WEB KJV WEY ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), 1 Timothy 5:11But refuse younger widows, for when they have grown wanton against Christ, they desire to marry;(See NIV), Numbers 6:19The priest shall take the boiled shoulder of the ram, and one unleavened cake out of the basket, and one unleavened wafer, and shall put them on the hands of the Nazirite, after he has shaved the head of his separation;(See NIV), Numbers 7:10The princes gave offerings for the dedication of the altar in the day that it was anointed, even the princes gave their offerings before the altar. All rights reserved. Here is a dedication worthy of a Christian mother. Behold, I build an house to the name of the LORD my God, to dedicate it to him, and to burn before him sweet incense, and for the continual shewbread, and for the burnt offerings morning and evening, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts of the LORD our God. ... CHAPTER X. Salem Media Group. Gather the people!