In addition to the A-level team and youth teams, Denmark also has a special league national team named Ligalandsholdet, with the best Danish footballers from the Nordic leagues. 2. 2. For example, the friendly against Germany in August 2010 was played at Parken Stadium due to the general expectation of many spectators having a desire to watch the match. Jacobsen Kristensen  During the last 19.5 years, from September 1992 to January 2012, Denmark played a total of 77 A-level matches at Parken Stadium, of which 49 were won (64%), 16 were drawn (21%) and only 12 lost (15%). 19. He was replaced by Kasper Hjulmand. Denmark is the country with well-developed football system and there are many clubs in the country with a very long history.
13. When the national team is assembled and train together ahead of a match, the team is coached by: The responsibility and job description for the manager of the Denmark national football team, has changed throughout the history.
Two years later, in the first official football tournament at the 1908 Olympics, Denmark won a silver medal.  Denmark's participation ended in the semi-final when the team lost on penalties to Spain, most remembered for Preben Elkjær's penalty miss, his shorts torn apart. Eriksen When this goal was achieved by Johansson, he received significant praise. Goalkeeper Sophus Hansen was the first Dane to reach 25 caps, doing so on June 5, 1919.
 In particular, the Portugal match was deemed as a support-wise failure because it featured a higher-ranked opponent, which spectators normally would have a high interest to watch. We would like your feedback, please fill in our survey.
, Denmark made their first World Cup appearance in the 1986 World Cup, and with the attacking duo of Michael Laudrup and Preben Elkjær, the team surprised the world, sweeping the group, including a 6–1 thrashing of Uruguay.  When the two next friendly matches were played at some other new venues, 16 August at Fionia Park in Odense against Poland, and on 1 September at Brøndby Stadium against Portugal, the number of spectators dropped to a disappointing level. After the glory days of 1986, the success of the team continued, as it first qualified for Euro 1988, and then had a nearby qualification for the 1988 Olympics. Jensen 3. 12. Accurate up to and including 18 November 2020. Kjær Based on Denmark's results and number of spectators at home matches, the standard payment to a player selected for all Denmark's friendly matches equals a total amount of DKK 41,426 (or €5,500) for the three friendly matches in the 2008–09 season, and a total amount of DKK 88,773 (or €11,900) for the seven friendly matches in the 2009–10 season.
, New coach Åge Hareide presided over the Danish campaign during the qualification stages. 18. Andersen  The dispute arose due to the image rights of the players, with Hummel having the exclusive right to the manufacture and marketing of Danish kits.
5. On 27 May 2006, Parken's 13-year monopoly on national team matches was broken for the first time when Denmark played a friendly match at the Aarhus Idrætspark against upcoming 2006 World Cup participants Paraguay. 18. Denmark national football team statistics, "Michael Laudrup -Danmarks bedste gennem tiderne", Lists of international association football players, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Denmark_international_footballers&oldid=988896122, Lists of Denmark international footballers, Articles with Danish-language sources (da), Association football player non-biographical articles, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Jørgensen
6. In 1971, the national team rule of conviction got abolished leading to many other improvements in the performance of the team. Grønkjær When Nielsen subsequently decided to dismiss quality players such as Jan Mølby and Jan Heintze from the squad, due to disciplinary problems, several newspapers began demanding that Nielsen step down as head coach, as the team was clearly falling apart under his influence. A Yussuf Poulsen goal in the second half secured three points for the Danes, leaving them well poised for qualification from the group. In 1996 Euro, the team gave a disappointing act and was eliminated in the group stage.
This list of Denmark international footballers contains football players who have played for the Denmark national football team, listed according to their number of caps. This category has the following 200 subcategories, out of 230 total. Following a poor start of the qualification, Denmark was trailing both Turkey and surprise leaders Ukraine. 14. 4. During the years from 1911 to 1961, a total of 169 games were played without an assigned manager. Players listed in bold are still active at national level. Bjerregaard & Bøje (1948) • The Denmark men's national football team (Danish: Danmarks fodboldlandshold) represents Denmark in men's international football competition, and is controlled by the Danish Football Union (DBU), the governing body for the football clubs which are organized under DBU. In 1995, they beat Argentina in the King Fahd Cup. , Denmark's Hall of Fame was established in October 2008, as a special award to celebrate the best footballers, teams and coaches; throughout the history of the national team. Delaney
However, the opposite happened, as Denmark's participation ended in early defeat after Denmark lost all the group games to Spain, West Germany and Italy.
7. The second round saw this team playing against Spain, with the latter winning the game. , Owing to a dispute with the players' union regarding the commercial rights of the players, the Danish Football Union named an entirely uncapped squad, consisting of a mixture of futsal players and players from the Danish 2nd Division and the Denmark Series (the third and fourth tier of Danish football respectively), in lieu of the regular side, to face Slovakia in a pre-Nations League friendly, and it was feared that the same squad would be used for the competitive fixture against Wales. Magner (1939) • 11. Indeed, had Turkey dropped points to Albania in their last match, Denmark would have gone through, but instead, they had to settle for third place in the group and a longer summer break. The first three editions of the Olympic football event in 1900–1906 had an unofficial status, as the event was not yet open for national football teams to compete, and only had limited participation of three or four club teams from a few nations. Denmark's home and away matches are broadcast by SBS Discovery Media (Kanal 5, 6'eren, Canal 9). However, the good reputation of the Danish supporters was sullied by the 2008 UEFA qualifier fan attack which occurred in June 2007 in the Euro 2008 qualifying match against Sweden when an enraged Danish supporter invaded the pitch and tried to attack the referee, following his decision to hand out a red card for Christian Poulsen and a penalty kick to Sweden in the last minute of the match. Lindegaard Petersen (1962–66) • Zimling Finally, the players could also add a seasonal payment named "regular bonus" from the sponsors, with a total of DKK 4,350,000 (equal to €583,100) to be shared each season by the squad of 18 players selected for a match, meaning a player who was selected for all national team matches from 1 August to 31 July would receive an additional DKK 241,700 (equal to €32,400) payment in both the 2008–09 and 2009–10 seasons. Frimann 9.  To support the development of players for the new tactical 4–3–3 system, all national youth teams also changed their formation. Football Wiki is a FANDOM Lifestyle Community. 5. Jensen 23. Mostly because of these results, the DBU extended Olsen's contract until after the 2014 World Cup. Relying on their goal keeper, Peter Schmeichel and his defense, Brain Laudrup, the team created history and won the European Championship trophy under their coach Richard Moller Nielsen’s defensive playing style. The full transition of the national team from amateurism to professionalism had now been accomplished, and indeed, this would soon lead to a vast improvement in the performances of the team..
18. The first goal for the newly appointed Nielsen was to qualify for Euro 1992 in Sweden. Whenever another stadium than Idrætsparken was used for a home match, it was only for some of the less important friendly games or Olympic qualifiers. Dolberg
The Denmark national football team is controlled by the Danish Football Association. In Denmark's home match against Sweden in the qualification for UEFA Euro 2008, the visitors were awarded a 3–0 win after a Danish fan invaded the pitch and attacked the referee. 17.
 As the facilities were considered too small, a new stadium in Copenhagen was built with the name Idrætsparken, that since its opening 25 May 1911 hosted all the home matches of the football club KB and most of the home matches of the national team. As more than 750 players have played for the team since it started officially registering its players in 1908, only players with 25 or more official caps are included. Since then, more than 120 Danish footballers have reached 25 caps for the Danish national team.
However, meagre spectator support at some of the friendly matches at Parken, which from 2000 to 2005 attracted an acceptable average of 23,862 per match – but down to 9,598 for the friendly 3–1 win over Israel in April 2002 – prompted the DBU to start hosting many of the friendly matches to other stadiums around Denmark. In the semi-final, Denmark fell 0–3 to the Soviet Union, then lost the bronze match to Hungary. Pedersen When a selection of players had to be made, it was decided by a vote in the committee, with the appointed manager being granted an influence of three votes and the four members of the committee being granted one vote each. Advancing from the group stage ahead of England and France, Denmark defeated the Netherlands – the defending Euro 1988 champions – on penalties in the semi-final.