When people are asked to list the most important qualities in a potential partner, kindness, physical attractiveness, an exciting personality, and income/earning potential tend to top the list. Obviously, this is often related to the first question about arguments—the process of managing problems. Do you feel that she always has your back, that you can always go to her for help? Make your strengths and shortcomings known upfront and insist on the same level of honesty from your partner. Circling back means coming back and solving the problem if it all falls apart in a heated argument or was too quickly swept away. 38) It’s a lot of fun being Mrs. ( ) 39) Do you want to be a father? I fall more in love with you every day. This is also often about understanding the way you each process information and make decisions—that Tom, for example, likes to do a lot of research on big issues and needs time to sort through it; he's not a guy who can be pushed to think on his feet. Because work is such a big part of each individual’s life, it is important that you be on the same page or are able to be supportive. Or, I respect your ability to manage money, so I’m comfortable with you handling the finances. You can use this as a way of assessing the current state of your relationship, an exercise to do on your own, or ideally do as a couple. The potential for overlap and other conflicts is substantial, so they're taking their time to iron out every detail first. The feeling I had for him in that moment never waned, but our acts of love through the days and years made those three little words almost superfluous. Both companies have to be transparent about what they lack and what they offer before deciding whether the partnership is a good idea. Or, no, my home environment is important to me and I need to have a say about the couch; or, I’m easily anxious about money, so we need to sit down together and work out a clear budget. Are you compatible about needs for affection and sex? 16. Letting your partner know you want private, distraction-free time with them (away from Netflix, football matches and in-laws) can be the greatest form of flattery. You also have to remain transparent for both sides to capitalize on every opportunity and learn from every failure. This is a two-part question. More: 5 Surprising sex moves guys would give up for plain ol’ missionary. The counterintuitive move is to step up and talk about the problem to put it to rest. Partnering with another company is one of the most effective ways to expand your customer base. Circling back is the second half of any argument and where it is easy for couples to get stuck. Battling? To make your partnership last, follow these steps to create something that both partners can truly build together. He is the author of 11 books and over 300 articles and provides training nationally and internationally. Obviously, this is not just about work itself but its impact on time, family life, money—in other words, priorities. Consider your partner a part of your team. It’s okay to get upset, but it’s important to realize when the conversation is going nowhere and turning into a power struggle. By pushing strong emotions to the side, deep intimacy and connection becomes difficult, and problems are never solved and instead only accumulate. This is the big boulder in the middle of the road. For instance, the Uber and Spotify partnership gave the music streaming service an additional avenue to reach customers who may have never heard of it. Your spouse can become upset with you without you taking on the attitude that you are no longer loved.