Dex actually seems to make it mostly go away and without nevative rebound thinking. Adderall vs. Dexedrine comparison Adderall and Dexedrine are similar prescription stimulants used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ( ADHD or ADD ) and narcolepsy . Dextroamphetamine elicits nearly three-fold more CNS stimulation than levoamphetamine. Extended-release formulas of … I find Dexedrine to be far more beneficial than Adderall when used as prescribed. My doctor only gave me a sample of Adderall so maybe I didn't give it a fair chance. My psychiatrist actually told me there is a stigma in the medical community about dexedrine. which means more of the drug stays in your body over the course of the day. I'm glad I found this forum, b/c if I didn't I'd probably be trying some other crap like vyvanse or back on adderall... Vyvanse is dexedrine in a 12 hour formulation. I didn't find that Adderall did anything better for me than dex. Dexedrine helps alleviate my ADD much more effectively than Adderall. Anonymous. dextroamphetamine is more responsible for the central nervous system effects of amphetamine, increased concentration, increased task reward etc. I believe mg per mg, Dexedrine would be considered "stronger" (i.e. adderall is the name brand for a combination of 4 mixed amphetamine salts, which in turn consist of the two enantiometers of the amphetamine molecule, the right handed, or dextrorotatory, dextroamphetamine, and the left handed, or levorotatory, levoamphetamine. The 5mg IR? He couldn't stand Adderall himself and knew plenty of people with side effects but was still of the idea that Dexedrine was worse and insanely strong and all this. I am going to ask for it, myself. Be warned that dex is much stronger than adderall, so if 5mg adderall feels "right", then you may only need 2.5 mg of dex at a time. Adderall and Dexedrine are considered similar drugs due to the fact that they are both comprised of amphetamine stereoisomers. The main difference between them is that Adderall also contains l-amphetamine in a ratio of 3:1 dextroamphetamine to amphetamine. Was the 30 mg of Adderall taken twice daily XR or IR? I've found that most docs have some serious misconceptions about Dexedrine. I carried a herkin folder in my pocket for the duration of faculty in the previous due 60's early 70's. The symptoms of ADHD include: Dextroamphetamine and amphetamine (brand name: Adderall) and dextroamphetamin… Was taking Adderall XR 30mg and now switched to two Dexedrine spansules together 10mg and a 15mg. It just didn't let me study like I needed to. ; of Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) XR, about 12 hours, w ... Help please! Yahoo forma parte de Verizon Media. I'm not as tormented by the constant unpleasant noise bouncing around in there. HealthTap uses cookies to enhance your site experience and for analytics and advertising purposes. Para obtener más información sobre cómo utilizamos tu información, consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y la Política de cookies. Just says d-amphetamine ER on the bottles. Adderall XR rated 8.1/10 vs Dexedrine rated 8.4/10 in overall patient satisfaction. At first my Adderall XR was fine but now that I've been on it for a couple months I'm noticing some weird stuff coming up. I am confused. It also has a higher binding affinity in the brain, making it more potent than levoamphetamine on a mg to mg basis, which is why it is considered "stronger". How long would one of you say the Dex lasts? What is the difference between the two? One of the major odd is that it is a combo cure where Dexedrine is comprised of d-amphetamine and that alone. Ridiculous ones, really. Was taking Adderall XR 30mg and now switched to two Dexedrine spansules together 10mg and a 15mg. I just didn't think about it with Adderall, then it'd all come rushing back when it wore off. I've been prescribed to both since being diagnosed with ADD (not simultaneously, of course). It makes up about 68%. However, Dexedrine can be considered to be a more potent stimulant than Adderall due to the fact that it contains 100% dextroamphetamine whereas Adderall only contains 75%. From what I understood, he contradicted much of what I have heard about Dexedrine and Adderall. This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums. So, is Dexedrine stronger than Adderall? I wholly prefer it to any of the other amphetamines available out there. Connect by text or video with a U.S. board-certified doctor now — wait time is less than 1 minute! Why ? Both are stimulant drugs containing dextroamphetamine or d-amphetamine. Dose for dose, the effect should be the same. The only difference is Adderall contains two active ingredients, amphetamine and dextroamphetamine , one of which is the single active ingredient in Dexedrine ( dextroamphetamine ) Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. A Subreddit for discussing prescription psychostimulants (Adderall, Vyvanse, Focalin, Ritalin, etc.) He even asked me if the pharmacist gave me a hard time filling it etc. the two work together synergistically to treat adhd symptoms. 1 0. Yet I see mixed results with that online, some saying Adderall is better, the same or shorter than Adderall. Adderall helped me focus for school and such but Dexedrine helps me focus in everyday situations. Adderall and Dexedrine are two of the most commonly prescribed medications for treating attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Nosotros y nuestros socios almacenaremos y/o accederemos a la información de tu dispositivo mediante el uso de cookies y tecnologías similares, a fin de mostrar anuncios y contenido personalizados, evaluar anuncios y contenido, obtener datos sobre la audiencia y desarrollar el producto. its responsible for vasoconstriction, elevated heart rate, hypertension etc. there is no one drug better than the other, one drug may work well for one individual but not for another, it comes down to trial and error and preference. Información sobre tu dispositivo y conexión a Internet, incluida tu dirección IP, Actividad de navegación y búsqueda al utilizar sitios web y aplicaciones de Verizon Media. They are both stimulants of the Amphetamine group. levoamphetamine also has a longer half life. I hate the stigma surrounding dex. I'm not sure about the spansules, I read somewhere that the peak is around 8 hours, and the half-life is 12 hours.