Their staff may have some insight on what you can do and what SS may see as reasonable. I'm 18 years old female. I don't want to go to college because it stresses me out. It seems to me like making new connections is the quickest way to new experiences. Home; Partnership; Advertise; Success stories; Jobs; Contact us ; 281 points. Able Flight is an organization that helps people achieve the dream of becoming a pilot. Many wheelchair users, as well as those with other disabling conditions, have become pilots. There are some strong organizations out there who work extensively and exclusively with people who are blind. Close. She uses a communication board and would love friends but is so scared that they will think she is stupid. I am male not female. Sort by. Attachments. I've been out of work for 14 months. You can make some money on currency trading and used them for particular upgrades for your computer room. User submission. I am the only child. How can a disabled person know if ticket to work is right for them? If a commenter provides advice that is helpful, please respond to the comment with the word "helped" anywhere in your comment. 26m disabled and bored. best. I don't want to go to club house. My city has community programs and I was going to join a couple, but then I got a job and now don't have the free time. I fell for the hype that all young people need university but the entire environment was ? Its Friday night so most of our friends have plans already. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Ride a stationary bike. 100% Upvoted. Because I had to spent so much time in front of the computer reading stuff, my eyes got strained easily and got daily headach from that. Please do your best to respond to commenters, as they take the time and effort to read your post and give you advice. I know how much my son has benefited from it. Be the first to share what you think! i find myslef dessped at times and i get very upset very easy but i'm glad on what i'm doing college maths english ict and i'm glad that i got 1 good friend she dont live near me but she about 1 hour and a little bit away i also have a boyfriend. Update: She has a degenerative bone disorder in her neck. And they were super cheap too. You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer. There are classes you can take from the Internet for free too. I believe the reason you are bored are because you have no one to talk with. The kitties are redefining the concept of ‘disabled’, being able to do almost everything – all while having fun, loving, and supporting each other. ). Once in awhile I go to the clubhouse but their hours are the same as my work hours. You have a lot that you can contribute to the world Raymond. People 8 months ago. Try tai chi. I do not go to school or do not have a job because of it. I am 23 years old. As a recent disabled person due to blindness, I am out of work for only for 4 months and I found myself bored to dead. Woool Joined May 23, 2017 Messages 138 Reactions 251. Why don’t you go to school? I am the only child. he is disabed too. It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. Try to find something that you can do that you don't have to worry about. A rock and a hard place for sure. Is it bad to accept a used donated wheelchair as a gift? Is anybody like me in this word? This is Reddit's very own solution-hub. Get answers by asking now. Maybe a bit smaller due to your disability, but I'm sure there is something that you would enjoy. © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. He suffers from severe depression with psychotic features and schizophrenia. Sadly there are more people like you then there are like me Raymond. No family. I had a long period before my back surgery and then after as well. Hi, my niece is disabled with autism and said she felt like a corpse in special school. Could you try one step at a time. 1603138817500.png. Finding an independent jobs can be hard but it can be very easy to open one for yourself. I don't want to go to college because it stresses me out. Maybe just a place where you could go out and try to make friends? I was an electronic engineer early in my carrer. Only you can help yourself. A disability shouldn't stand in the way of your dream to become a pilot. You should try get yourself into a Peer-To-Peer Support Group for people who have schizophrenia. Still have questions? Why people dont believe I have a mental illness they assume I'm lying about it I take medication everyday single day for my disabilities. 104K views. Tell him or her how the medicine makes you feel and see what can be done. My typical day start with breakfast then a hour long walk with my guide dog. 100% Upvoted. How come I get treated like a 5 year old when I'm 29? Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts. If my micro-business (small businesses include a million dollars in revs and mine has been in 4 and 5 figure size before expenses, it makes enough to live on) then my widow benefits are decreased or disappear and I have been told I would have to reimburse SS for the money recd during a year earning more than the allowable. Difficulty starting relationships if you're disabled, I need advice! He is on a lot of meds, but he pushed himself to do the things that he enjoys. Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Maybe you could set up your self here and answer lots of questions to help others at Yahoo Questions? The problem is that SS could see that as a potential career path for you. She can't play board games. Are there any support groups online for this? Try finding other hobbies. My mom forced me to go, but I don't want to go anymore because my meds make me drowsy and I take frequent naps at home. They help you to fulfil your need for giving and receiving attention, as well as your need to belong. No offence, but I think you feel like you’re useless, cause I did. Lacking in social skills? I know the feeling of being bored with life. Sort by . My niece is doing home schooling and doing it external. Talk about hobbies and what makes us happy. Try taking one fun 1 credit college class, try going out to lunch with a friend, try volunteering for 1-2 hours a week to start. Even if it's something really simple, getting your body moving gets those chemicals in your brain going and will enhance your sense of well-being. I do not go to school or do not have a job because of it. This will give the commenter an Advice Point, which will show that the commenter is a helpful member of this subreddit. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. hi there. save hide report. We home school her and try and get her out and about as often as possible. Since I don't know you I can't really suggest anything, but there is such a huge range of hobbies you could do. Just looking for folks to chat with. Yes, I know other people like you. And even though I'm bringing in household income at a reasonable level I feel "guilty" that my hubby is working and I'm not. I was out of work for over a year, and spent a lot of that time just sitting around using one screen or another. That's a good thing. 15.3 KB … This is a place where you can ask for advice on many subjects. I have schizophrenia. You can help your mom out by lowering the cost of living. There was a problem adding your email There's a ton of stuff you can do at home if you can't or don't want to go to the gym. Thanks. I am using my mom's email. Not sure if this is the right place to ask but here it goes. I am a person with severe and persistant mental illness (SPMI) as well as a physical disability which limits my movement. I understand how you feel! When I vision got even worst, my employer offered my a desk job pushing electronic paper work for the last few years. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns. I'm not bored but then I'm not at home all the time as I do work and have a life. I (his Mum) also take him shopping, to the movies etc. Log in or sign up to leave a comment log in sign up. I think I know exactly how you feel. i'm 24years old and have a disablity and i get lony all the time i dont have many friends i go to college 2days a week so that good and thats about it this week will be great what do you like as hobbie something u good and enjoy doing things with your hands. If so give it a try. I am disabled, I stay home all day when my mom goes to work. Is anybody like me in this word? please help. She is non verbal and hates her disability more due to how people see her. Even when I play games it stresses me out. Maybe there is a volunteer group near you that does something that you might enjoy. I am 23 years old. Everybody has issues that they run into, and everyone needs advice every now and again. There is no-one like you just similar, you need to find the inner strength to go forward. I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. hi im a carer for my husband he is a paranoid schizophrenic so i know what your talking about his 46 now but has been a registered schizophrenic since a teenager and he has been very ill at times like not wanting go out not liking being places that is busy not eating etc and his mental health nures tryed to get him to go to a group with people like him like a social club he also has looked on the negative side of life but bit bt bit he does more such as go and visit friends i go with him everywhere is there not someone that can go with you places,or have friends rounds.mt husband was told to things 1 step at a time and stop when he feels stressed all you can do is push yourself just a little otherwise you will get yourself in a rut,this illness dont stop you doing stuff you,ve got to be more motivated,also if your not already doing so take your meds at night b4 you go to bed. Take some online courses in social skills. I can’t work because I’m disabled and I just want a sense of purpose. Try again. I can understand the economic reasons for being concerned. I feel lonely and bored. Any suggestions for something fun for her we could do tonight? If you often in front of your computer you can find a hobby out of it. Do not copy or redistribute in any form! They had things like photography clubs, art clubs (painting, pottery, basically anything with art), sports clubs, etc. Tai Chi sounds like a good idea, I will check into that. Oct 19, 2020 #1 Idek... pls no hate . It gets to the point where you're just so bored of that, but also have no idea what to do with your time. I've read almost every book in print to her. all day. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I'm disabled and bored. Raymond. I'm at a loss. Even when I play games it stresses me out. 26m disabled and bored. Or in any other subject that you’re interested in – to give yourself the opportunity to meet like-minded people. Go. Getting stressed out means that you care about what you're doing at the time and you want to do it right. He usually goes once or twice a week. I think this would keep my brain occupy for awhile.too. Posted by 1 month ago. I can't drive or work. I feel lonely and bored. save hide report. I’ve even considered a YouTube channel, but there’s just certain obstacles of starting one. Reading stresses me out too. Do you anybody who is like me? Have you tried your skill on some decent computer games that are like first player shooter or role play instead of small flash game? Reading stresses me out too. Literally hundreds to choose from. share. I can't drive or work. Maybe they can change it and you won't feel so drowsy. Too true. They want to hear back from you! When my poor vision prevented me from doing my job, I got a new job as programmer.