Hey, does anyone know if the mirror or the camera depicts the most accurate way you look like irl? Understand, though, that they're seeing the real you, the way you really look. It'll look weird for you but normal for others. We tend to look in the mirror the most when we are at home - an environment where we feel at our freest and most relaxed. Mirrors are definitely a more accurate portrayal of your body as seen by others, because you're using your own eyes as the camera. They see you the way you see yourself looking in the mirror. I would think the mirror would be more accurate as the camera would have the influence of the lens. To enable Verizon Media and our partners to process your personal data select 'I agree', or select 'Manage settings' for more information and to manage your choices. Is tbere any major différence between thé iPhone 6 and the 6s? lib. This also goes for the camera. Picture editing experts: How do I edit a picture like this? Alright so i'm confused. flip the selfie and thats how people see you. Also, people say that you look better in the mirror because it is flipped and reversed. Turning a picture around doesn’t change anything in terms of accuracy, it’s just our brains that are used to swing one thing get thrown off by a different look, even though in fact it’s the same but flipped (maybe a mirror has more “resolution” than a camera and distorts the picture less, but the effects are pretty much unnoticeable), If you had a “true” mirror (which you can get by putting two mirrors at exactly 90º in a corner) and you got used to it, chances are you’d find yourself looking strange on a normal mirror, A camera is what others see. (iphone issue)? New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the NoStupidQuestions community, Press J to jump to the feed. Some mirrors might be a little blurry (thus hiding zits, pores, beauty marks). How to re-allow Twitter to access my photos? Keep in mind that a camera displays a series of bits stored on a piece of computer memory, while a mirror reflects your exact image, albeit in reverse. “People who take a lot of selfies end up feeling a lot more comfortable in their own skin because they have a continuum of images of themselves, and they’re more in control of the image,” Pamela said. My iPhone only works when on speakerphone? You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. The closer you get to the camera the more pronounced this effect is. Newer phone selfie cameras seem to give you more flat and therefore flattering pics than their older counterparts. https://www.google.com/search?q=man.changes.fave+with+focal+depth&oq=man.changes.fave+with+focal+depth&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.4147j0j4&client=ms-android-samsung-gn-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=HsXq8qQcYhAzOM: A representation of how focal length changes the image. How to see how much an app costs in the AppStore? I have often wondered why I don’t look the same in pictures compared to what I look like in the mirror at home. But if you are standing next to a friend and he looks at you through the mirror, he would think you look different. How do I know if my photos are backed up to iPhone Cloud? Keep in mind that a camera displays a series of bits stored on a piece of computer memory, while a mirror reflects your exact image, albeit in reverse. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. This makes you look entirely different, and usually worse. When i see myself in the mirror i think that i look decent but when i take a pic, i look like the other half of my face is a ''completely different face'', my features look all over the place. Yahoo is part of Verizon Media. © 2020 Apple iPhone - news & discussion. (Cause iphone always flips the pictures). On the other hand, when taking selfies at arms length, the resulting image will be distorted because of the wide angle lens being too close to your face. Cameras aren't perfect and might do weird things if the quality is bad, or in bad lighting conditions. | Terms of Use & Contacts | Privacy Policy. Find out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, https://www.google.com/search?q=man.changes.fave+with+focal+depth&oq=man.changes.fave+with+focal+depth&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.4147j0j4&client=ms-android-samsung-gn-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=HsXq8qQcYhAzOM. Another possible explanation: most people see themselves in a mirror more often then on a picture, so they are used to seeing themselves mirrored … How do I change voicemail assistant voice on iPhone? Iphone photos taken with the front facing camera act like a mirror, so looking at a mirror or looking at a "selfie" is the same. Is the iphone 11 worth it i've had my iphone x for 2 years now and its perfectly fine. Cameras, especially those found in selfie cameras, have different focal depths, which effects the size difference of objects closer to the camera. So when in the mirror I look great but the camera make me look so ugly. How to stop photo sharing on apple devices? OK, I’ll be completely honest … my pictures rarely look as good as I think they should, even when I’m pleased after glancing in the mirror before heading out the door to … Do people the mirror version of me? Though some selfie cameras do flip the image, so ask someone to take the pic for you. What is the best software to transfer photos & videos from Iphone to PC? They see you the way you see yourself looking in the mirror. (My reflection?) Think about it this way: When you photograph someone, does it look like them? I want to mirror a picture of mine, much like a webcam effect website I use? And then the … I see people describing the mirror effect but not the lens mechanics of cameras. Your selfie camera will make your nose larger, your ears smaller, etc. Perhaps the key to looking better in pictures is taking as many selfies as you can to help familiarize yourself with both the "mirror" and "camera" version of yourself. Cameras aren't perfect and might do weird things if the quality is bad, or in bad lighting conditions. This is why people like Kim Kardashian ALWAYS takes pictures of her reflection in a mirror and not holding the camera pointing it at her face. YOU are the one seeing the reflection. Iphone photos taken with the front facing camera act like a mirror, so looking at a mirror or looking at a "selfie" is the same. This is 98% false. As for photographs, we usually end up in the frame while on "foreign turf," which means that we naturally look more tense and unprepared. Your reflection in a mirror is flipped horizontally, so no, you don't see yourself exactly the same way others do when you look in a mirror. Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon Media websites and apps. Or the picture version of me? I have some type of dyslexia in shapes so i don't know if tht has anything to do with how I'm seeing myself but everyone looks the same to me but I look awful and it's with the iPhone camera… Iphone: Question & Answers Do people see you like your mirror image or the camera image? Understand, though, that they're seeing the real you, the way you really look. What does sent as a text message mean? My apps on my iphone 5s are not allowing me to see any photos that people have sent me? Another possible explanation: most people see themselves in a mirror more often then on a picture, so they are used to seeing themselves mirrored which makes seeing yourself on a non-mirrored picture a little weird. That is why, sometimes, when glancing in the mirror before going off to a party we see an irresistibly good-looking individual. YOU are the one seeing the reflection.