Jump write in. I wouldn't play origins right before Odyssey because you risk getting burned out. For news, discussion and more about Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed franchise. If some of the rumors of the storyline of Odyssey are to be believed, then I think that Origins and Odyssey will offer two sides to the same coin: Assassins/Brotherhood vs Templar/Order. The combat took some getting used to, but I enjoyed it by the end, and expect Odyssey to be very similar. IDK Netflix costs the same and so do other services! Wanting to pick this one up but I haven't played a single AC since the first game. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. If I were you and weren't sure I'd just buy the base game and then if you feel like doing a replay with all of the DLC next year you can buy the season pass after it's all out. I played them from II to IV in the order of their release date. If you played every game before origins, you should probably play origins and then jump into odyssey once they fix some issues a few months down the line. Do I need to play it for odyssey or is there a good recap before i get into odyssey? Do I need to play any other AC games to play Odyssey? So you need to understand that the AC franchise is a kind of historical sci-fi story. Yeah I tried to grind a few AC game before origins and ruined my experience of the first run thru. Do I need to add a comeback or will that just make me look weak? Or is it just small details that I can still enjoy the game and story without knowing. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the assassinscreed community. I would probably watch AC history to know more about the lore. Now I’m definitely going to get Odyssey. I didnt play AC I and I had no problem when I played II and I think the same holds true for starting right from IV. The games are all designed, for better or worse, to be able to serve as a standalone. If some of the rumors of the storyline of Odyssey are to be believed, then I think that Origins and Odyssey will offer two sides to the same coin: Assassins/Brotherhood vs Templar/Order. Agreed. Are MMORPGs really worth the monthly fees? No one else gibes a sgit about the lore including the developers so neither should you lol. You dont need to but you should. Get your answers by asking now. Personally I'm too excited for this one. So pretty much as the title says, I've played and completed every AC game before origins but IRL problems got in the way and never got round to playing origins. I am new to AC somewhat since I only watched my siblings play years back. You could of course wait until it's all finished and buy the gold edition on sale and save some money. The only real connection between the games is the present day storyline. Plus, the game is … I'm a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise and I've played all the mainline titles from the beginning. Plus, the game is gorgeous. Furthermore; *Will I still be able to enjoy the story? I don't think playing Origins first will be a necessity, but I would highly advise playing it at some point if you are a fan of the series and a history buff. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the assassinscreed community. origins is an awesome game, but you dont need to play it in order to play this one. Wanting to pick this one up but I haven't played a single AC since the first game. I mean first ones good but nothing really kicks off til ac2 so you get the idea. The only long term knowledge I gained is how the Assassins got their symbol. I thought that Origins began very slowly but started to really pick up speed after I hit Alexandria, Giza, and Memphis. Just not sure if I should wait for all the dlc’s but then again that would probably be a long time. Only time will tell. From what I’ve heard Odyssey’s lore and story is some of the best yet. Cookies help us deliver our Services. I recently purchased Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag for PS4, and am afraid to play it because I don't know if I will understand things too clearly. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. How powerful would a explosion or other destructive force have to be to destroy a entire galaxy? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Otherwise Odyssey is set before Origins and while it will have some connections to the overall lore of the franchise, you probably won't be missing much if you don't play Origins first. Unity and Syndicate were standalone, but Origins clearly laid the foundations for a new story ark. Furthermore; *Will I still be able to enjoy the story?*. Not necessary really no this game doesn’t seem to feature too much modern day like the old games but maybe watch like a short recap video of the AC universe? Beyond that, every other game in the series, to me, range from being good to being fantastic. What the fuck? It’d help you understand the nods at the Isu, their ancient civilization and the bit of modern day. While they are related, you can jump into any game without playing the predecessors and still enjoy it. What's the one video game you can't stop playing? Kids ruin a lot of really good video games.? Origins introduces a new modern day character and her story continues in Odyssey. You get to see so much of the Egyptian landscape and the way the Greeks and Romans influenced the Egyptian culture and vise versa. But, I recommend playing the other games, assassins creed games are not excellent or exceptional in category but they are fun to play and you will enjoy them. I think it just depends on how connected the two are but i doubt there'll be much callback to origins so playing it standalone should be fine. The modern AC games are made to be mostly standalone. If I do need to know about the other games first, can someone explain to me the story line thus far, or give me a website or something where I can quickly get caught up to the story line? I recently purchased Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag for PS4, and am afraid to play it because I don't know if I will understand things too clearly. The overall story has fallen apart and Ubisoft has made it clear that the series will now consist of standalone games. For news, discussion and more about Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed franchise. This is not required, because Assassin's Creed: Odyssey is, in fact, a completely different story - you can launch this game and enjoy it without feeling completely lost or confused. Unless if you're ok with not playing the game for a while. Agree or disagree? The main thing that AC1 gives you is the context for the whole "Templar" thing (since it does occur during the Crusades) and how Desmond got away from Abstergo. I think the second dlc starts releasing in the spring and they're doing episodes every couple of weeks so you'll be waiting until halfway through 2019 to play. Do I need to have played the other Assassin's Creed games to understand Assassin's Creed 3 and Black Flag? Do I need to play the others before I play IV? I'm completely out of the loop in the universe and don't know a thing about the animus or what came about with any of the games to be honest. You'll probably get more out of the game if you've invested time into the franchise's past, but that isn't necessary to play and enjoy the game. There were still other parts of Unity I thought were okay. Is it as good time spent as Netflix and so? If a computer is very slow then the response time in online games will also be slower. Of course, this doesn't change the fact that Odyssey will contain numerous references to the entire Assassin's Creed universe, and thus to Origins as well. you would love the AC 4 gameplay so its not necessary to play others before it, but other games are soo awesome that you MUST play them, I hadn't played any of the previous ones and understood it perfectly, and really enjoyed it. Thanks. I jumped onto Origins without playing before and I really enjoyed it. The combat took some getting used to, but I enjoyed it by the end, and expect Odyssey to be very similar. Do I need to play the others before I play IV? Or is it just small details that I can still enjoy the game and story without knowing. Be warned, however, that before Origins, Ubisoft made a bad habit of releasing these games once every year giving them very little time to polish them. You can go blind just fine, have fun! Press J to jump to the feed. Assassin's Creed Games to Play Before Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Like skipping the ac2. Press J to jump to the feed. Will I be lost or does this game stand on its own? Still have questions? I didn't follow Origins because I gave up after Syndicate disappointed me greatly, but ended up buying it after all of the good reviews. Players get to play as Kassandra or Alexios a mercenary that was from the nation of Sparta before their family was torn apart. You need to play the other ones these games do a piss poor job of explaining the past, and definitely play the first one that one is the best, you should play other assassin's creed games except the first one though, the rest are just awesome. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s one of the best games Ubisoft has ever put out, and also one of the strongest games to come out in 2018. Now I'm hooked again. I dont think there is anything thats mentioned in AC IV that will confuse those who have not played previous AC Games. AC ORIGINS gives you answers for lots of stuff within the AC universe but i don't think it's mandatory to play it before you jump on Odyssey. You could probably watch a recap or a cutscene/movie video on Youtube too. I'm completely out of the loop in the universe and don't know a thing about the animus or what came about with any of the games to be honest. Origins does a really good job in the first few hours of setting up the origin of the people who make the creed, and then in the final few hours really showing how it all came to be, everything else in the middle of the game, 20 hours or so, is just filler poltics. Blank ballots: 'I could not give my vote to either person', Britney Spears will not perform again due to legal setback, Student debt cancellation in focus amid Biden transition, How Va. gym managed to avoid coronavirus outbreak, AP drops CMA Awards coverage over dispute, Le Batard rehires laid-off ESPN producer after 'hurtful' cuts, ‘Borat 2’ actress speaks out about infamous scene, There are only 15 lesbian bars left in the entire country, Virus isn't the only thing keeping people from theaters, Pastor's message to those who contest election results.