It was for charity to raise money for prostate cancer research and it gave me vast new insights into my hubby's 'living with face fur'. So I use the fluffy cover for show only and use the same cover I have had for twenty five years to sleep under !!!! I use mine with nothing inside year round. Some comforters are just too fluffy and block my view! well, you always want to worry about hygiene, you would want to wash the comforter as often as your sheets. Thats the "classy" way to do it ;) Plus some sheets have a very high fibre count which makes them smoother and more comfortable. Another Minnesotan, wondering where Jeannie lives if comforters are optional! I assume comfortor is a duvet? Not quite sure about difference between comforters, quilts and duvets, I googled the question. What do you sleep with? In winter, several layered blankets. Email me about updates Report conversation as inappropriate ... Brandi, do you remember which style you went with? (I measured and it is something like 96x92; full/queen comforters seem to be around 88x88). I like the dog beds made to look like their own mattress. Is it true that the african males are only after the white females for their WAP? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. It really is nice to be able to pull off the top layer of the hotel bedding & replace it with my own comforter. But it was written in the normal, spoken way which we all do at times. Remove Clutter: If you have a messy room, you probably have a messy life. So yes, comforter. Redoing my boy's room with this duvet cover as a starting point, Duvet covers: Keeping comforter from shifting, I need a duvet for a comforter that was given to me. I actually have an obscene number of blankets I pile underneath. Or get a thick one for winder and a thinner one for warmer weather. I love to have a big duvet pulled right up to my ears. Still living in Colorado! New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I'll look at those too. Houzz Tour: Country Comfort With a Touch of Chic. So this was how I could have some sort of cover in the summer and still keep it light enough for him. Hi Jeannine, it's 100% functional for warmth. I really never understand why people use flat sheets with a duvet (in a duvet cover). It can remind you of work, daily chores, or other to-do lists when this area should be associated with sleep. Our winters are very cold and long so we would not do without them. @berinlist .. Coverlet, Duvet, Quilt, Comforter: What's the Difference? Make the New Old
 Maybe you have a bedroom design that is immaculate, modern, and beautiful. Archived. :). It's the only cover in use at our home ! I can't solve living room dilemma. You can get down or fake down in many different thiicknesses/weights depending what your needs are. happyladi, I'm glad that worked out for you! They are getting better slowly .. it's been 5 years now! No one else even knew what I was talking about when I said feather ticks, now they are called down comforters. This sounds a lot like a commercial, sorry, I am not affiliated with them in any way. No. The temperature controlling fibers in this moisture-wicking comforter are designed to keep you comfortable as you sleep. Nights get cold and I'm a cold blooded person. You can still get the warmth and coziness of a farmhouse at home, Wake up saying 'Ahhhh' instead of 'Ow' with a pillow that provides all the support and comfort you need, Learn the basics of great bedding options and how to use them for great comfort and style, A little prep can help the whole family gather comfortably for a memorable holiday visit in your home, Scant space doesn't mean getting shortchanged with stylish, comfortable homes like these, Comfortable? So is a comforter what we in the UK would call an eiderdown? If you don’t use a top sheet, and your comforter doesn’t have a protective cover, well, you’re going to want to pencil in some extra time for weekly laundry sessions. Also, shut your windows and center your bed against the wall. Unfortunately, they don't sell them online, I'm including the link from the website, below. So you would normally only have to wash the comforter cover, and not the comforter itself, which could also be washable. I use the term duvet and comforter interchangeable, but there is a difference. Little changes can make a big difference. I like having a blanket on the bed. Close . I like a good bit of weight on me when I sleep. Wikipedia states that “Viscose rayon is a fiber made from regenerated wood cellulose.” So when it pertains to bamboo plants, it comes from the cellulose of the plant. I am so sorry it did not work. We use our comforters all the time. Sociable? Now it's used like a blanket/instead of a blanket and tucked in all around. Also in Minnesota and it will be well below zero tonight! I think some woman should be able to go on disability during that period. I know the sheets get washed, but the blankets and bedspreads in hotels kind of creep me out. Some people sleep with a top sheet and a comforter, while others use only the comforter. Our bedroom is on the second level and it gets pretty toasty sometimes so during the hottest part of the summer, I just use a normal sheet under it in case the quilt gets too warm. I like the fluffiness of it. Get answers by asking now. The mood swings and the weight gain was unbelievable. My rule is the bed cover has to be not-so-fluffy that I cannot see over it to watch tv whilst laying my head on my pillow.