Now I have a disappointing 3 packs of ground coffee. It’s not just about quality and protecting the environment, it’s about your health too. If the coffee isn’t labeled with a grade, or it’s the lowest grade but priced as if it’s the highest, approach with caution. The small bag sizes make it affordable, the quality never fails to be superb and we love that subtle nuttiness from the Macadamia trees. I like the Don Francisco coffee line and thought I would be safe ordering a Special Family Reserve Kona Blend. Then again, I don't know how it tastes out of a drip coffeemaker since I've only made it in a french press (and on the strong side). This coffee brand has an amazing flavor. This does affect the flavor balance of the Kona blend (positively, in our opinion) but it also supports small, local farmers in a way that the big-Kona-brand single estate farms don’t. This page works best with JavaScript. In exchange, you lose some of the satisfaction in knowing where your coffee is from down to the estate and the farmers that grew those beans. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The box for whole bean was highlighted and there was no ground option for this roast. I wanted something different and I had been meaning to get some Kona coffee so Don Fransisco's was rated by Amazon as a top choice. The flavor is more intense than regular or extra fancy Kona, with a smooth full flavor and low acidity. Big Island are our winners if you want something incredibly fresh and medium roasted to mellow those complex flavors a little. If you’re looking for luxurious, the $100 bag of Volcanica peaberry is an excellent choice. It’s a medium light roast with the classic Kona flavors packed out with a blend of other gourmet coffee beans. As an Amazon Associates We earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you - the customer. Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee Pods. The 3 pack is ideal for those that like a variety of coffees, from espresso to cold brew. I've noticed a lot of Kona Blend reviews which vary wildly). Honestly, I think plain old Folgers would be a better pick over this brand. Reviewed in the United States on June 13, 2020. If you’re looking for a budget option, you can also find Sam Choy’s Volcano Roast. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Reviewed in the United States on July 3, 2020. © 2017 by Coffee Dorks - All Right Reserved. I was not impressed with Don Francisco. If you are a coffee drinker that enjoys black coffee this is a great option for you. These beans bring sweet and robust taste without the acidity or bitter aftertaste. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. One little word and all the coffee lovers in the room go a bit wild! I had a different flavor of Don Francisco’s at my sister’s and really liked it, and was looking forward to this arrival. 3 and Natural Prime) but these are harder to find online and, if you want good tasting Kona that’s noticeably better than normal gourmet coffees, you’re better off paying extra for the best. Organic Mayan Blend Coffee Pods. Other tasting notes include toffee, cocoa, floral peach, and nougat. Selecting a top coffee maker can end up saving you over $1,000 a year! For just under $10, it’s certainly worth trying. This page works best with JavaScript. ), but I will definitely not be buying Don Francisco again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magine is just one roast of Kona available, which earned the Paris Gourmet 2018 Gold Medal and was rated 95 by the President of Whole Cup Coffee Consulting. Reviewed in the United States on April 10, 2020. Five stars for boldness while still being delicate and smooth to the palate! This coffee is weak. The flavors are subtly different, and we thoroughly enjoyed testing our palates out on them. They also offer coffee roasting and milling services, consultations and Q cupping evaluations. I had recently had the pleasure of sampling a Kona Blend my friend the other day had and it was from a company called Kaffe Magnum Opus, or KMO Coffee. I'm not even going to call it a "kona blend," because in my opinion, an arabica with a 10% sprinkling of kona coffee can really only be said to be done for marketing purposes so that the blender can emblazon the word "KONA" on the front of the bag to catch peoples' attention-- especially so, when one considers that even a 100% kona coffee, while very good, is arguably not over-the-top exceptional tasting when held up to comparison with other comparably well-grown coffees- it is merely "among the very good." I'd give it 3.5 stars. Not all coffee from Hawaii is Kona! No one has asked a question yet! [])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])-[]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]-(!![]))+(+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!! But, to be honest, all Kona beans are renowned for their supreme quality and flavor. So far, World Market carries my favorite. Start your review of Don Francisco's Family Reserve Kona Blend Ground Coffee 12 oz! I thought it was magnificent. The coffee is just under medium acidity. If you love Kona Coffee as much as me, but drink way too much to make the high pricetag affordable, then this is the best way to go if you're not friends with a Coffee Farmer. ... Add to Cart. Have been using this whole bean coffee purchased at the grocery store for quite some time, always fragrant and full bodied. Let us explain what all the hype is about with a detailed explanation of Kona coffee and a guide to our 5 favorites. Reviewed in the United States on March 7, 2020. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Organic coffee is grown and processed using organic, ... It’s possibly the best coffee in the world and renowned by coffee lovers, whether they’re casual drinkers or experts. (Please note: this review is for the Mayan Blend. And, unless you know what the flavor should be, you wouldn’t necessarily be able to tell if it’s real. A real Kona doesn’t slip under the radar. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Don Francisco's Kona Blend— Medium Roast—Whole Bean Coffee—28 oz. SUPER SMOOTH Typical Flavor for Kona. Fully balanced with a silky texture, this coffee blend is just the thing you need when you can’t head for the tropics. 2.0 out of 5 stars Don Francisco's Kona Blend Whole Bean Coffee, 100% Arabica , Medium Roast (12 Ounce Bag) Reviewed in the United States on July 15, 2019 This is a review for: Don Francisco's Kona Blend Whole Bean Coffee, 100% Arabica , Medium Roast (12 Ounce Bag). Reviews. The coffee is great. The Private Reserve is only available to buy in 2lb bags, however. Reviewed in the United States on August 30, 2020. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on May 10, 2020. The tri-pack is available in 3x 8oz bags or 3x 1lb bags. Sellers from Other Countries. Extra Fancy – the best of the best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f you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices. I’m very disappointed in the flavor due to the high amount of bitterness. 16oz of pure peaberry Kona coffee, medium roasted, expertly packaged – that will set you back around $100! Maybe I received a weak batch. Our best Kona Coffee brands are all exceptional and many have won awards to prove it. [])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!! I googled it and I still have no idea. Others said it too. Like a fine wine or tray of gold-leaf encrusted chocolate truffles, picking the best can be a tricky job. It’s common to hear how you shouldn’t drink coffee too late during the day (usually after 5 PM). A wonderful cup of coffee! As Coffee Dorks, we love Kona. $7.99. A Kona blend can contain as little as 10% Kona coffee – or none at all, just named after the region. • Select Options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his modern method of roasting coffee beans elevated on a bed of hot air allows for an extremely precise and even roast. Peaberry cherries grow with just 1 seed instead of 2. These Kona Beans are not just grown to be the best, they’re picked to be the best. Subject: Don Francisco's Coffee Coffees Mugged: Kona Blend Rating: 5+ [see key] T ime and time again, I hear of friends and associates not being able to find a good Kona blend. 1,060 global ratings | 131 global reviews, Reviewed in the United States on September 7, 2020. I rotate several different regions through my coffee maker. They don't have a rich coffee aroma at all. Reviewed in the United States on October 29, 2020. It is vital to purchase one that is capable of producing an even grind. It only contains 10% Kona but is beautifully blended into an 8oz bag. This process is automatic. Reviewed in the United States on November 17, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on February 25, 2020. Not all coffee from Hawaii is Kona! When I ground and brewed them, they did not have a typical Kona flavor profile. 1 – the third best, but confusing called No. The distinctive notes and full body are signature of the Kona beans and not easily confused with other types. I have been buying the smaller bags because I put the beans in my own airtight container immediately after I open the bag. There are Kona fan clubs, Kona addicts and, unfortunately, Kona scams. But once done, you can enjoy one of the best gourmet beverages in the world. Find a variety. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. There are further grades (Kona Select, Kona Prime, No. Best enjoyed black but a dash of milk won’t harm the flavors. Costa Rica Tarrazu Ground 12-oz. Please review and confirm the items and quantities before checking out. Calling your coffee blend “Kona” instantly adds a whole lot of $$$ to the price tag.