:). rebekahELLE from Tampa Bay on January 12, 2013: Yum, we have a Donners in St. Petersburg, FL and the best kebabs I've ever tasted in Tarpon Springs. Sad. Great fast food! Most are pre-baked in an electric oven, but very rarely the bread is baked as the cook slices the meat and prepares the toppings! Sometimes they will offer you a free cay, hot Turkish tea. Nibbles. The Berliner Doner Kebab serves German-Turkish street food and is known for the fladenbrot, the flatbread that sandwiches the kebab meat. Onions, cucumbers, and tomatoes contribute to the party. Create a Hoy Deli Sandwich with your choice of Bread or Wrap, Chicken or Beef, and/or Fresh Veggies and Delicious Sauces. Each shop is different and has what the owner deems important. The entire spit rotates vertically near an open grill. It seems we have a good bit in common. Doner Boxes. Combine with remaining ingredients using a rubber spatula, spread on a baking sheet and place in the freezer until cold but not frozen. One can simply ask for a mix of meats as well. gmarquardt (author) from Hill Country, Texas on July 18, 2012: There are two students from Germany who recently opened a Döner shop in Austin, TX! Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. This is especially necessary when the customers are backed up around the corner! While kebab has been used in English since the late 17th century, doner/döner kebab is known only from the mid-20th or later. Map updates are paused. Next come the vegetables, all of which can be individually chosen. A fork thrust into the top will stabilise the whole operation. Zoom in to see updated info. C West Jordan, UT 84088, Designed by FxWebs | Powered by Rios Computer Designs. Seattle, WA 98109 (206) 354-3944 . Doner Spring Rolls. Got it! Slaven Cvijetic from Switzerland, Zurich on August 10, 2012: Don't make me hungry I love them. The meat is often chicken or pork, but lamb, turkey, and even some beef is available. Deals and promos available. Chicken Kebab Meal $8.99 Beef Kebab Meal $9.99, What better than a delicious side to complement your Entree Fries – $1.25 Rice – $1.25 Side Salad – $1.99 Seasonal Soup – $3.99, Enjoy a delicious dessert Azeri Lux Baklava $1.99, Enjoy our Refreshing selection of Coca-Cola products Soft Drink – $1.25, 2641 W 7800 S Ste. One only needs to ask. For me, it is the perfect sandwich. I baked it for 7 minutes, then swapped the cookie sheets on the racks, then cooked it for another 7 minutes. Then allow to rest for at least 15 minutes before removing from the tin. Create a Hoy Deli Sandwich with your choice of Bread or Wrap, Chicken or Beef, and/or Fresh Veggies and Delicious Sauces. gmarquardt (author) from Hill Country, Texas on August 09, 2012: They are becoming more popular here in the U.S. Every German knows how close their local döner shop is. As you drink your tea, watch the spit slowly spin around the fire and listen to the meat begin to sizzle and cook, just occasionally, an owner may start to talk about opening a döner shop with you back in America! Pass the cold mix through the mincer again, this time on the finest plate, then form into patties. The meat spins on the spit, slowly cooking while it bastes itself. In a large bowl, sift flour and salt together. Chicken $5.99 Beef $6.99 Vegeterian $4.99. Line any clean 1lb can with two layers of clingfilm, then layer in the patties, squeezing them down to remove air gaps. I'd like to try them in Germany, though, because every country has their own particular style. Doner Kebab Sandwich Combo. Doner Box with Fries. Hot Deli Sandwich, with Fries or Rice, Plus Soft Drink Chicken $7.99 … Most Turkish cooks pride themselves on their abilities with their traditional long bladed knives, but some use modern conveniences such as a motorized saw to speed up the process. Doner Kebab Sandwiches. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Get Kebab Sandwich delivered from national chains, local favorites, or new neighborhood restaurants, on Grubhub. Now where can I find these sandwiches in the States? Quite possibly the most popular fast food in Germany, even more popular than a bratwurst, the döner is purely street food. Chicken $5.99 Beef $6.99 Vegeterian $4.99, Hot Deli Sandwich, with Fries or  Rice, Plus Soft Drink Chicken $7.99 Beef $8.99 Vegetarian $6.99, Create the Taste of your Gourmet Doner Plate with Sliced Meat of your choice, Salad, Grilled Vegetables, with Rice or Fries. Finally, spicy hot pepper flakes are sprinkled over the entire sandwich. Tzatziki, that cool, garlicky cucumber and yoghurt combination, is spread on the insides of the bread and pressed together so that it richly covers both sides of the sandwich.