CardHoarder 156.36 TIX. The idea is that the advantages that it grants you outweigh the disadvantages, with one of the advantages being Green Sun's Zenith, but also due to it being fetchable with any green fetch land. I would leave it in the format. Dryad Arbor is one of the exceptions to the no-tap-lands rule. Yes, I play dryad arbor in any deck with GSZ. Auto-suggestions. Seems pretty obvious that the player with the Dryad Arbor was in the wrong, whether or not it was intentional, placing it among his other lands without separating it in some way was misleading, deliberate or not. I don’t care that he needs extra time to contemplate his decisions. Other Upcoming Sets Articles Card Database Collection Tracker Community Hub Life Counter Tools & Web Apps. If you want to get caught up on the story here, start with this episode of MTG Breakdown with Marshal Sutcliffe (co-host of Limited Resources). Checkout Acquireboard. Dryad Arbor is green. Card Kingdom 54.99 - 61.09 . So I put the question to you my good redditors: why is … The Future Sight printing is specifically ugly. However, permanents that are also creatures (e.g. Card Kingdom 2039.65 - 2080.85 . Dryad Arbor Army Modern HappyTrees. This annoying message will go away once you do. an artifact whose only ability is a mana ability) may be located in either area, provided the overall layout is, in the judgment of tournament officials, clear. Press J to jump to the feed. Edit Live Edit. Basically, Player 1 had an FTV Dryad Arbor. Based on Nassif's tweet that he 'might have won' if he'd noticed the Arbor, I would conclude that nothing was changed. Upvote 0. Another post to the glorious pool of wisdom that is Reddit (/s) pointed out a couple fun facts about the match, which was on-camera, that don’t involve Dryad Arbor: Ha ha ha that’s 8 minutes of a 50-minute match to make two decisions. Because of garbage like this and people like Thomas Langlotz who think they’re so bloody clever for putting their Dryad Arbor in the row with their lands and their creatures in the row above. Contact | It just says players can’t take longer than “reasonably required.” That’s a massive problem and I’ll tell you why: Judges are not as good at Magic as competitive players. This is a natural result of combining competitive advantage with people who think they’re so clever that they won’t get caught. Similar Deck Space Auto-suggestions. The card goes against Wizards own policy regarding misleading art regarding misprints AND alters. Which brings us to Lantern Control. Feeds | Imagine bolt the bird except it's bolt the island. I wouldn't mind getting it but there are so many other staples that would just be nicer and more useful for me. I'll have to find the $10 extra. Your Topics. Privacy statement | Yea, the printing I would like for my edh deck is the $20 one from the Vault. Checkout Acquireboard . Doesn't seem like we need another banning over this. If you want specific blingy prints of good cards, then be prepared to pay a premium. Things that are “technically legal” but “ethically a dumpster fire.” If you want a good example go look up the Sean Avery rule in the NHL. Other people can view your private deck by using this url, Seems there are no cards in the Acquireboard. A deck I made featuring dryads for casual modern play. Deckcycle Deckcycle Feature Queue. This is why legitimate sports leagues have unions and representatives to negotiate between the players, the league, and the judges/referees. I picked up my copies of dryad arbor a few months ago for 7 dollars each. Edit. Can anyone help me? Edit. Privacy statement | Playtest v1. Again, welcome to the world of “technically legal” but “ethically a dumpster fire.”. DMCA requests | I disagree wth Marshal about banning the card. Copied to clipboard. Which brings us to my closing thoughts: I have no sympathy for pro players but we need to make sure the fan experience is always positive. Upvote 0. Articles and comments are user-submitted and do not represent official endorsements of this site. Question of whether you should separate Arbor from lands since it's a mana dork or leave it with your lands. In general, Dryad Arbor is a mess. Another post to the glorious pool of wisdom that is Reddit (/s) pointed out a couple fun facts about the match, which was on-camera, that don’t involve Dryad Arbor: In game one Nassif spends 3m10s resolving Faithless Looting Why? The Dryad Arbor, being untapped, was able to block a certain attacker. artifacts with March of the Machines on the battlefield, Dryad Arbor, or a Treetop Village that is currently a creature) must be placed in the nonland area. This site is unaffiliated. Wizards has set their stance, they should follow it. The Dryad Arbor, being untapped, was able to block a certain attacker. Which brings us back to that match involving Dryad Arbor and Gabriel Nassif. Other than that I'd avoid running it. There was a time in Magic’s past when cheating ran rampant. http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=282542&type=card. It's also a land and by the same rules for layout nothing can be behind lands so he couldn't put it forward. Dryad Arbor Modern* shoopmywhoop. So basically some people are calling for a banning of this particular printing because it can be used in a deceptive manner to misrepresent board states. Though it's got good synergy in some decks; if you play Green Sun's Zenith, it lets it become a 1-mana Rampant Growth. CardHoarder 34.97 TIX. Though, that's my only evidence for that. Forests & Trees - Dryad Arbor Probs, MTGO Toxicity, Fan Art Q’s and More! Terms of Use | Without those structures in place, all of the pressure is on Wizards to make everyone happy. Terms of Use | Player 2 went for attacks, not realizing that Dryad Arbor was there, confusing it for just another Forest. It's not as clear cut as you make it out to be. Edit. Discuss. Dryad Arbor EDH (unofficial) Commander / EDH* Alastar. 71/82 +37 Bonus. General Discussion Zendikar Rising. Playtest v1. Card Kingdom 293.35 - 311.81 . Copied to clipboard. Perhaps Lantern Control should have been banned not for being horrible to watch on camera and not for making matches run to time but for attracting the kind of assholes to competitive Magic who would write five thousand words on how to basically cheat by doing something “technically legal” by exploiting the way the slow play rules are written. This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog. I've even Chord of Calling'ed for it once to save my ass. Players may not use other cards to intentionally obscure the presence of a permanent in any area of the battlefield. They are played according to the timing rules for lands, rather than cast, and suffer from summoning sickness and have power and toughness like creatures. Playtest v1. From MTR 2.13 (edit, as per suggestion: this rule specifically applies to matches that are on camera): Non-creature permanents whose use may reasonably be associated with either the land or nonland area (e.g. Help | Upvote 0. Here’s a guess at how that’s going to continue to work out: not so well. Dryad Arbor I'm considering putting dryad Arbor into my tolsimir edh deck, mainly because I love the art from the Vault print, I can tutor it with gsz, and I like the flavor of the card. Slow play is somehow a very grey area of the tournament floor rules because there’s no specific time limit on any action. Other people can view your private deck by using this url, Seems there are no cards in the Acquireboard. Cookies help us deliver our Services. What makes that card good, if it gets destroyed you lose a land and that would put you behind mana in a turn 4 format, you can’t even use it the turn it comes into play. I'm considering putting dryad Arbor into my tolsimir edh deck, mainly because I love the art from the Vault print, I can tutor it with gsz, and I like the flavor of the card. One of these is having lands behind creatures to accurately represent gamestate. Attention! A lot of players will go to a pretty low life total against infect forgetting that normal damage is possible from the deck and end of turn fetching dryad arbor and playing out hierarchs is a great way to end the game. Anything that allows players to be assholes but also allows them to gain a competitive advantage is going to result in precisely one thing: attracting assholes to your competitive environment. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog. Discord Server | A lot has been said about the FTV Dryad Arbor play at GP Toronto, but I think there's a bigger issue that is being lost in that discussion; punishment for slow play is virtually non-existant.In Game 1 of the match in question, Gabe Nassif spends 3:10 resolving a Faithless Looting. The upside of being a creature does not outweigh the downside of being a creature. On-camera matches have a specific set of additional rules in the players handbook.