I typically have the duvet "opening" facing away from the door, on the side of the bed, facing a wall, so I cannot see the opening at the top or the foot of the bed. While both do an excellent job of protecting your quilt, duvet, or comforter as well as creating an easier job of making the bed, each has distinct advantages and disadvantages. A button closure provides and enticing visual interest to the pattern of your duvet cover. But, if I did not fold over the buttons so they are not visible, I would make the bed so that the buttons are still facing the opposite wall from entering the room. Duvets are rather like comforters, except that they have replaceable, washable covers - much like large pillowcases. Get your answers by asking now. The zipper closure makes sealing your comforter, quilt, or duvet up quick and easy, which really speeds up the bed making process. What is best store of mature products in Lingsugur? If you followed my instructions, the buttons to close your duvet are now at the head of the bed. Turn the duvet and comforter around so they’re back at the foot of the bed (no one likes to eat buttons) and then button ’em up. The buttons go on the bottom. Does it really matter? Hi Terry: Maybe you don't have buttons. Duvet is the French word for down, as in down from birds. Some quilt-covers have the entrance along the side. While both the button closure and the invisible zipper have their pros and cons, it essentially comes down to personal preference. There are spirited arguments over which it better, a series of buttons or an invisible zipper. Zipper Closure The zipper closure makes sealing your comforter, quilt, or duvet up quick and easy, which really speeds up the bed making process. How do you secure aluminum shutters in the down position? it would be ur choice. Can I make my polyester comforter more breathable?? Individual buttons can also be kicked open at night during your sleep. When it comes to Duvet covers, it seems that how you close them can ignite passionate discussion. But the look of zipper is considered a modern style, it may not create a classic style which the button looks like. another wway to know is by looking for the tag ono it. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. ‘Borat 2’ actress speaks out about infamous scene, 'Math doesn't care about' Trump fraud claims: Official, How Va. gym managed to avoid coronavirus outbreak, Blank ballots: 'I could not give my vote to either person', What Trump's defeat means for global populism, Heart condition forces Penn State star to retire, Toobin fired by magazine following Zoom incident, Naked sculpture of feminist icon ignites backlash, Virus isn't the only thing keeping people from theaters, Few legal wins so far as Trump team hunts for proof of fraud. The main problem I'm having with flipping the thing around is the bottom of the duvet cover has a lot of cat hair, spittfhhh. Hold the comforter, with both hands through the duvet cover at the foot of the bed and give it a few good shakes so that the comforter fills the duvet cover properly. The button closure, however can take longer to close than using a zipper. How do you think about the answers? I have a queen size duvet, which is 86" square. Voila! Just like a tag on a bed sheet, the buttons should not be an obstruction while sleeping and can cause an imprint on your body, or scratch your face. If all else fails, then, the foot of the bed works for all other size duvets. tags usually go in the topright corner of the bed. My housekeeper is … I have a queen size duvet, which is 86" square. You can sign in to vote the answer. Maybe you have a zipper? This way, the buttons do not show, so it does not matter how the bed is made. Button or Zipper When it comes to Duvet covers, it seems that how you close them can ignite passionate discussion. What plywood should I use as a underlayment on my floor? It can also be easier to manage than fumbling with buttons, definitely a plus for elderly individuals. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. i personally would put them at the bottom, so then u could have some accent pillows on top without loosing the buttons accent. It can also be easier to manage than fumbling with buttons, definitely a … The foot, unless you like buttons in your face at night. And Vaulia Home Collection use the hidden zipper closure for most designs of duvet cover, the benefit is the zipper looks invisible, can not make you annoy at all. #10. Get your answers by asking now. Hi Jon: Just ask your wife which way the buttons go. Whether you’re the zipper type or a button lover the Vaulia Home Collection has a. ‘Borat 2’ actress speaks out about infamous scene, 'Math doesn't care about' Trump fraud claims: Official, How Va. gym managed to avoid coronavirus outbreak, Blank ballots: 'I could not give my vote to either person', What Trump's defeat means for global populism, Heart condition forces Penn State star to retire, Toobin fired by magazine following Zoom incident, Naked sculpture of feminist icon ignites backlash, Virus isn't the only thing keeping people from theaters, Few legal wins so far as Trump team hunts for proof of fraud. Zipper vs Button Closure – Which One Is Better? another wway to know is by looking for the tag ono it. Zipper Closure The zipper closure makes sealing your comforter, quilt, or duvet up quick and easy, which really speeds up the bed making process. Button Closure A button closure provides and enticing visual interest to the pattern of your duvet cover. But the look of zipper is considered a modern style, it may not create a classic style which the button looks like.