In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Directions Preheat oven to 350°. No changes! I found this recipe on the front page today when I was completely at a loss for what to make for supper. Bottled lemon juice, which is from concentrate, won’t provide the same bright, fresh flavor. I have never made a piccata I liked as much as this one and my husband and I inhaled it. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Didn't have fresh parsley so I used dried. This Holiday Oreo Cookie Tin Is Packed with Fudge-Covered Oreos, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each). I followed the recipe as is and used a sauvignon blanc/chardonnay that I had on hand and it was delicious. Although the littlest one asked for a portion with "no green things" (capers) on it. Congrats! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. How to make chicken piccata. We all know that boneless chicken breasts can be a bit boring on their own, but that’s not in the cards here. If you are not as fond of lemon then cut back a bit on the lemon juice but I love it so I used the exact measurements. You saved Quick Chicken Piccata to your. Sprinkle with parsley. Pour sauce over chicken. The one thing that I didn't like was how tart the sauce was. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Very pleased with how easy and tasty this recipe was. We will eat out tonight.... Congrats! Place flour in a shallow bowl. He is a very persnickety eater. 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts. Put chicken into the skillet and season tops with salt … The only changes I made were to add fresh garlic right after the capers and I used chicken stock instead of water. Turn when nicely browned, about 4 minutes, and season again. Go for freshly squeezed lemon juice when preparing this dish. Serve with sauce spooned over the top. I followed the recipe exactly to a T but my sauce was rather watery I’m not sure what I did wrong along the way I would try to make it again and hopefully maybe add a little flour to the sauce in the pan while it’s cooking. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Love this stuff! I had chicken defrosting at home, so I started the video showing the preparation. My wife is counting calories, so she was initially concerned, but we dodged that bullet by drizzling the sauce over the chicken, rather than finishing it in the thickened sauce. Cook second side until browned, about 4 minutes. By definition, it is supposed to be sharp and lemony (piccata=point of a spear). Remove and transfer to plate. Chicken piccata is a classic! Great recipe - the whole family loved it. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Just like the Veal Piccata recipe I got from a 5-star restaurant out east when I traveled for business. Add wine and lemon juice to the skillet, stirring to scrape up any browned bits. Place chicken in the pan, reduce heat to medium, … When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. It's amazing. I served this over penne since I didn't have linquine or spaghetti. I found this recipe on the front page today when I was completely at a loss for what to make for supper. Return chicken breasts to the pan cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. YUM. While the pasta drained, I added about 1/3 cup of olive oil to the pasta pot, a half a stick of butter, more garlic granules and about a cup of chicken broth--heated to boiling and tossed the cooked pasta back into it. Pound with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. Yum! I also added fresh garlic and Italian seasoning while cooking the chicken. 321 calories; protein 24.7g 49% DV; carbohydrates 8.4g 3% DV; fat 18.2g 28% DV; cholesterol 87.5mg 29% DV; sodium 223.6mg 9% DV. It is tasty. My chicken piccata pasta dish is ready to serve in a half hour. Season both sides of chicken breasts with cayenne, salt, and black pepper; dredge lightly in flour and shake off any excess. I made this for dinner tonight and it was good. What surprised me about this dish is that it is actually pretty quick and easy! The smallest capers, French nonpareils, are considered the finest. We used this with one packet of Costco's boneless skinless breasts, and because it's just the two of us, we'll have enough left for a delicious sandwich tomorrow. Whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until creamy. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Put in serving dish, then placed the chicken and all the sauce from the pan over the pasta and topped the pasta and chicken with some grated parmesan cheese. I had chicken defrosting at home, so I started the video showing the preparation. This was outstanding on whole wheat angel hair pasta and despite taking some healthy shortcuts, tasted like I was cheating on my healthy eating plan! But first I saute some garlic in olive oil and put in the pasta and toss with some Parmesan. It is great with any pasta. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Chicken is tender, juice, flavor-able. When I make this again, and I will, I might leave out the lemon juice or at least decrease it. I added extra olive oil and butter to the saucepan and added ground garlic and a few flakes of red pepper to simmer awhile. Use boneless chicken breasts for chicken piccata. 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut in 1/4-inch slices, 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. I ate the chicken with water-boiled broccoli and it is a great combination. A change that I did make was to season the flour instead of the chicken. To butterfly a piece of meat means to cut it in half lengthwise to make two thinner pieces. Serve this chicken recipe over white rice. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Even the kids loved it. Place flour on a plate and dredge each breast on both sides in flour. Rinse capers well before using to remove excess salt and brine. Chicken Piccata has a lemon butter sauce with capers. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Cut chicken breasts in half crosswise. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Also used Smart Balance Spread instead of butter. Pour white wine into skillet. Place breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound to 1/4-inch thin. Stir lemon juice, water, and butter into the reduced wine mixture; cook and stir continuously to form a thick sauce, about 2 minutes. A simple, tart flavour went very well with our rice and steamed vegetables. Reduce heat to low and stir parsley through the sauce. Brown chicken in batches, adding additional oil as needed. https://www.perdue.com/recipes/quick-and-simple-chicken-piccata/51 Wow, we were surprised. Slice chicken breasts horizontally to yield 4 pieces. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Place chicken in the pan, reduce heat to medium, and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side; remove to a plate. Chef John, I love all your recipes - easy AND delicious! Thank you ever so much! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Thanks for sharing! I added a little bit of Panko breadcrumbs to the flour to give it some crunch, and because I'm counting calories & fat, used less EVOO to brown the chicken in the pan and finished it off by baking in the oven after spraying the chicken with some olive oil Pam. It looked so easy, so I decided to give it a go. Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil. I did run into a problem when we discovered there was none left though! Thanks to generous seasoning and a quick fry, this chicken is moist and flavorful. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Cook capers in reserved oil, smashing them lightly to release brine, until warmed though, about 30 seconds. Transfer breasts to a plate, reserving skillet drippings. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. You saved Easy Chicken Piccata to your. Amount is based on available nutrient data. A simple, tart flavour went very well with our rice and steamed vegetables. I've made this dish twice now and it is one of my favorites! Buy four lemons to get the job done. Slice chicken breasts in half crosswise into 4 cutlets and lightly pound each piece between sheets … For those who say too sharp or lemony, you just missed the whole point of a piccata. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Needed something tasty and quick on a Friday after a long week...this filled all the requirements. Put chicken into the skillet and season tops with salt and pepper. Scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Easy & super yummy! :-). Info. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. It's forgiving-but careful about too many capers and and barely salt the chicken because the capers make everything super salty. I was never crazy about capers but this recipe w/capers is out of this world Don't knock it till you try it. My wife is counting calories, so she was initially concerned, but we dodged that bullet by drizzling the sauce over the chicken, rather than finishing it in the thickened sauce. —Hannah Williams, Malibu, California. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. :) I did use a bit more than 3 tbsp of lemon juice to use up a couple of lemons we had on-hand, which I thought made it fantastic. It looked so easy, so I decided to give it a go. My wife said that this was much better than her recipe. I said before that this is good with chicken breasts but is it even better made with boneless, skinless thighs. Butterfly two chicken breasts. Add capers and pour sauce over chicken breasts on the plate. I doubled the recipe and it turned out good. The proportions are just perfect for us! I will make again but use 2 lemons vs 3. This will be one of my go to recipes in the future. It's great. Easy chicken recipes are my go-to dinner choice. Thanks again Taste of Home! Cut chicken breasts in half crosswise. Add stock, capers and lemon juice to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Pound with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. Use organic, boneless and skinless chicken breasts, and trim any excess pieces from the chicken.. Caper berries, from Spain, are the olive-size fruit of the caper shrub. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. It was easy but too lemony. The chicken was moist and tender but the sauce never thickened. Most small children would not care for this recipe as it is supposed to be prepared.