The meat was definitely from a steer not a cow. What’s more, it produces just about the best tasting leftovers, though I can’t promise there will be any. Your support means a great deal to me. The steak became even more flavorful when we added the optional marinade ingredients (like Worcestershire, garlic or onion powder, fresh herbs, ground mustard, or black pepper). Serve the steak with the sides and sauces of your choice. * You can always make your own lemon pepper, too: For 1 teaspoon lemon pepper substitute 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest + 1/8 teaspoon fine ground pepper, Keywords: marinade, Worcestershire, lemon pepper, easy, Tag @alexandracooks on Instagram and hashtag it #alexandracooks. What kind of steak are you planning on cooking? (Note: If you are using lemon-pepper containing salt, do not add any during the marinating process.) Required fields are marked *. My wife and kids loved it. Omnivore. When you see how to cook cubed steak in a cast-iron skillet, you’ll find out it is one of the best quick and easy dinner recipes.Plus since this recipe is made without flour or breading, it is also gluten free and low carb. And while we didn't exactly notice the flavor of the olive oil, we know it was there because the other components were able to shine through. Thanks. The marinade coats the outside of the steak with herbs and spices while keeping the meat juicy and tender as it cooks. Pour the marinade over the steak in a large bowl or airtight bag. It’s always nice when dead easy produces damn delicious. Omaha Steaks recommends cooking times based on the thickness of the steak. subscribe now & get access to my free ecourse! If you were to slice it right away, those juices would spill out onto the cutting board, making some of the steak taste dry. ☝️ Please login or create a free account to comment, The One Chef’s Secret You Need To Know If You Love Steak, This One Simple Hack Makes Cheap Steaks Taste Absolutely Incredible, The Best Shortcuts When You Need Room Temperature Ingredients, Curious About Air Fryers? Helped me saved a lot of money at at steak house. Hope it turned out well for you! Please let me know if you´re ok with that. In our first 3-ingredient steak marinade test batch, our top sirloin steak was in the marinade for only 30 minutes before cooking it. The acidic component of the marinade will work overtime. Add 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce to add a deeper flavor. We recommend limiting these additions to one or two so the flavor doesn't become too intense or confusing. Try serving our best ever steak marinade with side salads like our Vegetable Caprese Salad or Creamy Orange Fruit Salad.You can roast the garlic right on the grill for our Roasted Guacamole. It just doesn't make sense to spend money on cooking spray when it's THIS easy to make! Other steaks that take well to acidic marinades like this one include flank steak and skirt steak. She was gobbling the steak down- a first for any food in a couple of weeks. Your email address will not be published. We don´t have it here. Thank you so much for the recipe. This marinade is it. The balsamic vinegar was not only tangy, but it also brought a subtle sweetness to the steak … PAula — absolutely. Isn’t it fun when recipes are easy AND delicious?! ©2020 Alexandra's Kitchen. Stores are closed today:) merry christmas!! Of course, you can always go a different route and use your marinated steak in sandwiches or wraps. Over the years, we've received a lot of advice when it comes to cooking steak. Every steak is different, which means each steak's cook time will differ slightly. One-third of a teaspoon of powdered onion or garlic would also be tasty, and a teaspoon of fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, and oregano are a great way to add flavor to the outside of the steak. Paula — this makes me so happy! If you add too many things, you may only be able to taste the marinade, not beefy steak itself. Let the steaks marinate for about 2 hours, or at least 30 minutes, turning the steaks … This steak marinade is made with olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, lemon, herbs and spices, and takes just 5 minutes to put together. or for a large flank steak or for a couple of skirt steaks. I really dig marinades for meat, but can I throw in some pepper and lemon peel instead of the lemon-pepper? The olive oil may solidify in the refrigerator, but it will not harm the steak. We had absolutely no complaints about this 3-ingredient steak marinade. Discard marinade. Fine Cooking explains that salt can also enter meat cells, denaturing the protein cells and helping the meat retain more moisture as it cooks. Mix in 2 Tablespoons lemon juice to act as another meat tenderizer. It's bright, spicy, salty, and herbaceous, making it a perfect complement to this marinated steak's bold flavors. I’m so happy your daughter liked the steak. The balsamic vinegar was not only tangy, but it also brought a subtle sweetness to the steak that we found quite enjoyable. Simply whisk them together in a small bowl and pour them over a one-inch-thick steak (such as filet mignon, ribeye, New York strip, top sirloin, flank, or skirt steak). Keep going to 145 degrees for medium, or 160 for well-done. It adds tons of flavor to any cut of beef and can be used for grilled, broiled or sauteed marinated steak. If your food tastes a bit off, one of these common cleaning mistakes could be to blame! Just before grilling, remove steaks from marinade and place on a plate. * Salt-free lemon pepper can be hard to find. HOmemade lemon pepper will probably be even tastier! The result is one of the simplest, easiest, and most delicious steak marinades we've ever made. I’ll make a note above. S — you are correct. The filet comes from an underused muscle in the beef, so it has very little fat or connective tissue. Place steaks into bowl with marinade or into ziplock bag and submerge with marinade. You can simply use the other two ingredients with a pinch of salt, but you'll need to increase the oil and balsamic by a half-tablespoon each to make up the difference in liquid content. The most tender cut is beef tenderloin, also called filet mignon. lol) and then, while the On the other hand, some chefs recommend marinating steak in a flavorful liquid. Whisk together Worcestershire sauce and olive oil in a bowl or in a vessel in which you plan on using to marinate the steaks. Just before grilling, remove steaks from marinade and place on a plate. Remove the steak from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. ). Discard marinade. Instead, let the steak rest for at least three minutes (or as long as seven minutes). Let the steak sit on the marinade for 30 minutes to 12 hours. When the steak is within 10 degrees of the desired temperature, move it to the direct heat side of the grill and sear it for a few minutes on both sides to give it a caramelized, golden-brown finish. If you're marinating the steak for longer than 30 minutes, store it in the refrigerator and flip the steak over at least once halfway through the marinade time. Here’s dinner tonight! The timing also depends on how well-done you like your steak. Top sirloin — the steak we cooked to test this 3-ingredient steak marinade recipe — is inexpensive and it has a great, beef-forward flavor. For the full list of ingredients and step-by-step instructions, scroll to the bottom of this article. It’s fast, easy, and now that we’re sick… we need something that takes less time and effort than Chinese takeout. If you're looking for the best 3-ingredient steak marinade, consider giving this recipe a try. Our baby girl had been sick for the past week and just picking at her food; not a fun way to spend her 1st Birthday! Our go-to sauce these days is chimichurri made with fresh herbs or hearty greens like kale. When it comes to choosing the best steak for grilling, look for a tender cut of beef. It also helps transfer any fat-soluble flavors into the meat, and it protects it from drying out as it cooks. I usually double all ingredients except for the olive oil, marinate for 1-4 hours (depending on how far ahead I've planned! Let sit for 20 minutes and up to 24 hours. Your email address will not be published. I love all your pictures! All rights reserved. Star ratings help people discover my recipes online. This steak has plenty of fat and marbling, which protects it from drying out as it cooks. Cows are for hamburger, at best. Steak also pairs exceptionally well with roasted vegetables like broccoli or Brussels sprouts, creamed spinach, sauteed green beans or asparagus, or a salad. Season steaks on both sides lightly with kosher salt — Worcestershire sauce is salty, so you just need a light sprinkling here. Simply plop it on a bun or roll it in a tortilla with your favorite condiments, cheese, or lettuce and call it lunch. Both of these products are naturally gluten-free, but they're sweeter and less salty than soy sauce. Some juices will still come out as you slice, so it's best to use a cutting board with a deep groove around the outside to catch the excess liquid. Many marinades also contain additional seasoning, including aromatic ingredients like garlic or onion, as well as spices and herbs. Be sure to double-check the bottle to ensure that it is actually gluten-free, as some versions of tamari contain trace amounts of wheat. Was it long enough? It is wonderful on the grill. Thanks,Cosmin, Hi Cosmin — I just responded to Paula, as well, but you could definitely substitute lemon zest and fresh ground pepper for the lemon pepper. You certainly don't want to marinate the steak for longer than 24 hours. Another grilling favorite is the ribeye steak. This is an especially good option if you end up with leftovers. The soy sauce brought the perfect level of saltiness, accentuating the steak's beefy flavor without overpowering it. The soy sauce brought the perfect level of saltiness, accentuating the steak's beefy flavor without overpowering it. Print the Best Steak Marinade below: 5 from 1 vote. These additions can add extra flavor to the meat, but they're not strictly required for our 3-ingredient steak marinade. Please read my disclosure policy. This is by far the best and easy Steak Marinade recipe. Thank you, this was great. Place the steaks in a ziplock bag and pour in 1/2 cup of Worcestershire sauce. I write for SparkPeople.com, and I’m currently working on a compilation of recipes from around the web. Best Steak marinade made with soy sauce, brown sugar, olive oil, ginger and garlic; you’ll never taste a better grilled steak. I posted a picture on my Instagram and all friends complimented my cooking. Let the steak rest for at least 3 minutes (or as long as 7 minutes) before slicing. If you want a deeper flavor, prick the surface of the meat with a fork before marinating. After going through so much trouble to infuse the meat with those 3-ingredient marinade flavors and cook it to the perfect temperature, it would be a shame to end up with a less-than-perfect steak. And we women can use some iron in our blood. It cooks up very quickly, and it takes well to marinades. If you want to serve the steak with a sauce, you can't go wrong with a rich sauce like compound butter or mushrooms Bordelaise, a gravy-like sauce that features softened mushrooms.