I find the idea of eating an entire dish of cookie dough by the spoonful to be, well, kind of overwhelming. It’s a plant-based, no-calorie sweetener that contains nothing overly refined or artificial. Most people know that it’s possible to get sick from eating raw eggs (they can carry salmonella bacteria), but did you know that you can get sick from eating raw flour too? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. But i need to tone down the sweetness. Now, through Amy's Healthy Baking, I teach beginner (and advanced!) These chocolate chip cookie dough bites are perfect for anyone who loves sneaking spoonfuls of raw cookie dough from the bowl, like me!   Oat flour is a natural replacement, since it adds bulk and some texture, but isn’t at all dangerous to eat raw. And when you make your own, remember to snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #amyshealthybaking and tagging @amyshealthybaking IN the photo itself! HELLO! Oat flour is exactly what it sounds like… Finely ground oats. In a large bowl, place the oat flour, granulated sugar, light brown sugar and salt, and mix to combine well, breaking up any lumps in the brown sugar. Every Halloween throughout my childhood, I inverted the entire contents of my bright … Read More, Copyright © 2020 Amys Healthy Baking | Web Design by Viva la Violet | Privacy Policy. Made this today. You’ll almost certainly need more added milk, as those replacement sugars tend to be drying. Sugar-free: You really do need a brown sugar-type flavor for this recipe to taste like, well, cookies or cookie dough. Follow me in my homemade journey! Cream together brown sugar, butter, and salt in a medium bowl using a hand mixer or wooden spoon. My original Edible Cookie Dough is super yummy, but because it contains flour, the ingredients have to be heat-treated first. Prep … bakers how to make healthy + yummy treats! This recipe makes a very small batch – just enough for two servings. WAY TOO SWEET! Will change for next time. Working with a small amount of the mixture at a time, roll into a bite-sized sphere. Your email address will not be published. I’ve become much more careful about food safety, including eating raw dough and batter when I’m baking, even though it makes me cry a little bit inside. (It’s the secret ingredient in my pumpkin spice coffee creamer!) You may also like Amy’s other recipes… 1 1/2 cups (180 g) (certified gluten free) oat flour, 6 tablespoons (84 g) unsalted butter, at soft room temperature. How To Make Edible Cookie Dough: First, toast the flour. My favorite butter replacement in this recipe is half nonhydrogenated shortening (Spectrum brand is my favorite), half Earth Balance buttery sticks. I’m happy to report that I’ve successfully made this recipe with a number of different vegan butter-style substitutions. Stir in the cashew milk and salt. Plus, when you use a butter substitute, I find that you don’t really need to add milk to help the dough come together. Eggs and egg yolks, especially, are really important to a classic chocolate chip cookie, for sure. Perfectly sweet, deliciously chewy, full of chocolate… And only 30 calories! What Inspired You to Write Healthier Chocolate Treats? Would be better with maybe half the sugar as we couldn’t eat it. ♡   Practically Flourless Extra Fudgy Brownies Let’s get started! ♡   Flourless Chocolate Chunk Brownie Bites. Ive managed to try this promising recipe! It’s too expensive and for no good reason. Add the butter and vanilla, and mix to combine, pressing the back of the mixing spoon down into the mixture to help distribute the butter. And you can use gluten-free oat flour (like this!) A different balance of ingredients in general also helps. I’d try replacing both sugars with Swerve brand’s sugar substitute for each. Just grind the flakes even finer in a blender or food processor to ensure that there aren’t any big pieces. These recipes have never been seen before or appeared on my blog. Line a rimmed baking sheet and set it aside. Add in the oat flour, stirring until just incorporated. Ultimate Healthy Soft & Chewy Egg-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, View Nutrition Information + Weight Watchers Points, The Ultimate Healthy Soft & Chewy Egg-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, Single-Serving Chocolate Chip Protein Cookie Dough, Single-Serving Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Protein Cookie Dough, Practically Flourless Extra Fudgy Brownies, Healthy One-Bowl Pumpkin Mini Muffins {Eggless & Dairy-Free!