Where... – More. The company manages well over $1T dollars and it doesn’t happen by acquiring competitors, but an organic growth structure and training infrastucture that attracts intelligent, hard working people. ". Unsecured job, lots of stress, completely unsecured job could be kicked out at anytime without any explanation. Here’s Exactly What to Write to Get Top Dollar, BOA Branch Office Administrator Inter­views, Entry Level Financial Advisor Inter­views, Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Inter­views, How To Follow Up After an Interview (With Templates! ), 7 of the Best Situational Interview Questions. This is how we are able to solely focus on our clients and their needs, first. The most useful review selected by Indeed. It’s easy to say you want to be a Financial Advisor, but the rubber hits the road when you need to demonstrate value to a potential client, work long hours (especially early on) and develop a resolve to never quite when it gets tough. The overall rating of the company is 1.4 and consumers are mostly dissatisfied.. That can be a tough sell if you are not really into sales. EJ paid me for well over a year at top whack, licensed me and let me walk away into a bank job. Edward Jones Named One of the 2020 Best Workplaces for Women This year the firm ranked No. The people are the best thing about the firm. Flexibility in working hours allows work/life balance. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees. Edward Jones 2020 ranking: 3 2019 ranking: 1 2020 score (on 1,000-point scale): 860 2019 score: 853 2020 vs. 2019: +7 2. I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for more than a year, - Great workplace flexibility program Not much support when you don’t fit into a certain box. Lots of home office support for the local offices! I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for more than 3 years. The hardest part is knowing all the processes ad the answers to everything branches might call asking for help on. Edward Jones is a company that appreciates their employees, pays them well, has good benefits and ample vacation time. There are no areas for improvement that I have experienced at this time. Build and run your own business with unlimited support locally and nationally. Technology works very well and product offerings are appropriate for our target market of the serious long-term individual investor. A LOT of work during the first 5-ish years. All successful practices are built on referrals not door to door marketing. Because of the one on one branch situation the Supervisor (financial Advisor) is able to treat the Branch Office Admin. spending more time on building your business and less with family and friends) early on so that you can live the life most people only dream about. 8 Questions You Should Absolutely Ask An Interviewer, "Not bad if you can commit 24/7 to this job", "Very fulfilling career with the Best Firm", "Truly a Unique Culture and Business Model", "Two sides to every story - those who drink the koolaid and those who don't. 1,697 reviews from Edward Jones employees about Edward Jones culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and more. Glassdoor has 2,942 Edward Jones reviews submitted anonymously by Edward Jones employees. Wish they had benefits for part-time workers. Volunteerism - great in principle, but the people supporting you in the field are amateurs. All the training in the world won't completely prepare you for jumping in by yourself but they spend weeks training you before setting you loose alone. ". I'm a Financial Advisor with Edward Jones, in Sherwood Park, AB. Constant support and resources, and technology that is the best in the industry. Low pay, pressure, expected to work 24/7, vacations frowned upon in the first few years, leaders make up rules and don't stick to them, people are not all treated equally. I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for more than 3 years. This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Best training in the industry. New managing partner is soon to be hired. Edward Jones' U.S. financial advisors may only conduct business with residents of the states for which they are properly registered. What questions did they ask during your interview at Edward Jones? Edward Jones encourages development and growth. Recent recommendations regarding this business are as follows: "when you transfer money between accounts expect to wait a … Short breaks, strange part time arrangements. How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Edward Jones? Great place to work. 8 Questions You Should Absolutely Ask An Interviewer, "Best company in the financial services sector! Please note that not all of the investments and services mentioned are available in every state. Thank you very much for taking the time to write Edward Jones a review. If you don’t live close to an already established advisors office you’re completely forgotten about and don’t matter. The management of the company is fantastic. The information provided is from their perspective. Like any other business - it still takes work. That means you most likely have to network your friends and family. It is very daunting at first. Newspeak. Compensation, training, management, co-workers, Too much information in a short amount of time to learn it, Very redundant work and not good for someone who prefers to keep busy in different tasks. 114 Edward Jones reviews in Canada. Edward Jones is a fantastic firm to work for. Hard Work, Fulfilling Career, More Hard Work.... Great place for training, but very hard to succeed because lack of technological advancement, Good place if you can hustle 24/7 in the first 5 yrs. Be prepared to make personal sacrifices (ie. I can build a business using my ideas, ideas from anyone else and the proven ideas from a company that has been around for over 90 years. 3 were here. I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for more than a year, Great Flexibility, good long term earning potential, your own office, training is top notch, puts the client first. Our region is truly like a family. I have to assist them in errors/troubleshooting/ how to do online processes for transferring clients into Edward Jones. It is very important to get into an office where the FA is a decent person. The office consists of you and your boss. Its an awesome place to work..but you need to be in a 2 income family at the start of your career here. There is only a base salary and the rest of your earning is based on commission . Consistent training opportunities allow us to hone our skills on a monthly basis. This is the employer's chance to tell you why you should work for them. Good work life balance. Copyright © 2008–2020, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. { "isFollowing": false, "isEEPActive": true, "isEiHeaderFollowBtnDos2Enabled": false }, Find a Great First Job to Jumpstart Your Career, Getting a Job Is Tough; This Guide Makes it Easier, Climb the Ladder With These Proven Promotion Tips, A Guide to Negotiating the Salary You Deserve, Edward Jones BOA Branch Office Administrator Jobs, Edward Jones Financial Advisor Trainee Jobs, Edward Jones Entry Level Financial Advisor Jobs, Edward Jones Branch Office Administrator Jobs, Edward Jones Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Jobs, 9 Attention-Grabbing Cover Letter Examples, 10 of the Best Companies for Working From Home, The Top 20 Jobs With the Highest Satisfaction, 12 Companies That Will Pay You to Travel the World, 7 Types of Companies You Should Never Work For, How to Become the Candidate Recruiters Can’t Resist, Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Salaries, 11 Words and Phrases to Use in Salary Negotiations, 10 High-Paying Jobs With Tons of Open Positions, Negotiating Over Email? I joined Edward Jones in July, so far they have provided a terrific training plan and team spirit.