I'm now concerned that the automatic year end RMD will still be made after reading the shocking reviews of Vanguard. The EJ adviser will certainly recommend investment products and funds, but it’s likely they are pushing the ones that have the highest expense ratios and/or commissions. Cookies help us deliver our Services. The EJ rep I dealt with wanted every dime that I had to invest, even talked to me about liquidating my assets to he could invest the money. I manage my own investments but don’t feel comfortable managing my family members investments, but I never know if they are getting ripped off by fees at places like Edward Jones. I have a few family members and people I know who use an adviser at Edward Jones. I am getting tore up in expense ratios. share. I am trying to simplify the comparison to my wife that Edward Joned has higher fees vs Vanguard. You send a "confirmation" that was our first notice that you moved 10% of our account to a new security. PissedConsumer.com strives to provide consumers with the right information to make informed purchasing decisions. Does anyone have a good link to compare Vanguard vs Edward Jones fees? Compare Vanguard Group and Edward Jones pros and cons using consumer ratings with latest reviews. ). If you and her sit down and do a few web searches together comparing EJ to Vanguard, I’m certain she will see the light and agree that Vanguard is clearly the better and least costly choice to keep your investments. I just don’t see them listed on this post and am curious how their fees compare. Whatever happened to "the customer is always right"?.. (VPMAX) 35% Vanguard International Growth Fund Admiral (VWILX), 70% Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Mutual Fund Admiral (VTSAX) 20% Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund Admiral (VTIAX) 10% Vanguard Total Bonds Market Index Fund Admiral (VBTLX), 100% Vanguard target Date Fund 2055 (VFFVX), 80% Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Mutual Fund Admiral (VTSAX) 20% Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund Admiral (VTIAX), I also have a pension(36K) and my wife has a TRS. Is a good place to work. This isn’t true regarding the commission. The first try was unsuccessful because I lost her with all my jargon about sales loads, expense ratios, 12B-1 fees, etc. Lousy customer service, the worst ive ever seen , I had the misfortune of speaking with some witch named Martha watson,... Have some one call me from Corporate and tell me why I should keep my investments with you! Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you. For my second crack at it, I crunched the numbers myself and summarized my argument with a very simple chart showing exactly how much she’d be saving by moving to Vanguard (in her case it was over $500/month!). Find the best companies in Financial Services category: Edward Jones and Vanguard Group, Edward Jones vs Td Ameritrade, Vanguard Group vs Pershing ...Then, after hours on the phone with customer service, she put it back. Watch out for Delaney Haley in there trust company. I am trying to simplify the comparison to my wife that Edward Joned has higher fees vs Vanguard. I called at 2:30. I got my gf to switch to Vanguard but it took me two tries. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I pulled some of my funds out and invested them elsewhere.... ...Today I got a letter stating they are cancelling my flagship services. Then, she deducted the $2,000 again, ostensibly to pay down my margin loan. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. Our website collected and compiled various consumer reviews about Edward Jones and Vanguard Group as well as customer ratings and recommendations for these brands. Current Employee - Business Office Administrator, I have been working at Edward Jones part-time for more than 3 years, Family oriented, they care about their employees, I have been working at Vanguard full-time for more than a year, No cons. Press J to jump to the feed. As well as give her insight on Vanguards reputation. ...I've attempted to get help through to customer service, but it is more like customer servicing!!.. No Cj cams at all. Would You Like to Convert It Into Review? Since my last contact, months ago, you seem to have terminated customer service. save hide report. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. Each brand score is calculated based on set of relevant criteria and displays company performance over time. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn how to enable cookies. As well as give her insight on Vanguards reputation. I... You will be automatically registered on our site. Vanguard brings the low investment fees they are known for with their index funds to VPAS. You will not be able to buy their funds at Edward Jones without paying Edward Jones to buy them for you and they will not recommend them. Invested with Edward Jones, should I move to Vanguard? Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job that’s right for you. 100% Upvoted. Additionally, the index fund choices through Vanguard are going to have significantly lower expense ratios compared to EJ. Pissed Consumer © 2020 All Due to their high brokerage fees and transfer fees, Disrespectful unprofessional customer service. As of January when I received the... My father's estate had investments in 19 different firms. to two Vanguard accounts that I currently own. Edward Jones employees rated their Overall Rating, Edward Jones employees rated their Career Opportunities, Edward Jones employees rated their Compensation & Benefits, Edward Jones employees rated their Senior Management, Edward Jones employees rated their Culture & Values, Edward Jones employees rated their CEO Approval, Edward Jones employees rated their % Recommend to a friend, Edward Jones employees rated their Positive Business Outlook, "Work life balance" was the most mentioned. I don’t have a comparison chart, but you can show her that each investment deposit into EJ is costing you at least a 5.25% front-end load fee, whereas with Vanguard, it costs you $0.00.