Did you find similar results? Egg products are a valuable tool in meeting diverse formulations requirements while providing the clean labels consumers crave. eww the thought of eating fake eggs grosses me out, I don't even think you can buy them in this country (nz) thank goodness. Ener-G Egg Replacer is a product made from potato starch, tapioca flour, leaving (calcium lactate, calcium carbonate, citric acid), sodium carboxymethycellulose, and methylcellulose. www.veganbaking.net/recipes/egg-replacers/eggless-binder-powder Let this dissolve for about 5 minutes. I think I might stick with my eggs!!! I personally would cut calories in a different way. This was the first egg replacer I tried since I have made chia seed pudding before and loved it. On the other hand, adding replacers increases the complexity of your ingredient statement. My chickens would be offended if I ate fake eggs. I used to buy those until I read the ingredients. See why Wednesday is officially #Weggsday. Egg replacers like Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer are great alternatives for vegans and those with egg allergies. Personally, I am going to continue to use the good ol’ incredible edible egg in my food prep; however, if you are in the market for a good egg replacer either because of allergies or food preference, you may find that the egg replacer would taste better in a sweeter product, such as a cake or brownie mix. It was also hard to get rid of some of the clumps of powder in the mixture; however, it didn’t seem to matter since I was putting it in a muffin mix. REAL Eggs vs. All rights reserved. As I expected, the egg replacer was really easy to prep. How's that any different from the sodium in the substitute? The egg replacer muffins were more sunken in. I prepared both mixes as directed on the box; however, in one batch, I used the Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer. 2020 American Egg Board To keep the process simple and consistent, I picked up two of the same boxed muffin mixes at the grocery and headed to the kitchen. but keep in mind that the yolk has the good kind of fat. Anyone ever tried using an egg replacer instead of real eggs when baking? The egg replacer muffins were more dense and moist than the muffins made with egg. Over the past few years there’s been a great deal of discussion, research and application work done to replace eggs with various products. Wait, do you mean like the Egg Beaters because if you do READ THE INGREDIENTS! And while any number of companies are working hard to develop a product that can compete head on with this most versatile of ingredients – the fact of the matter is – when eggs are added, it simply appears on the ingredient statement as eggs.