Cake sinking in the center means either you are using more baking soda or your oven is running too hot. Let me know your views, Thanks for prompt response……i tried so many times dis recipe.. personally i like it very much…my kids alwaz drool over cuppies and what happens dat day i don’t know…i used fresh curd…dust chips with flour…i think dat was not my day…and i tried first tym for anyone…. Craft stores like jo anns , michaels and online from wilton , amazon , e bay for boxes . Happy to know that it turned out as you expected Sachi. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree C /350 f for 15-18 minutes for standard size cupcakes or till a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out with fewer crumbs not batter. One doubt though, u have mentioned in one of your comments that we are supposed to weigh dry ingredients with the dry ingredient cup and the wet with the wet ingredient weighing cup. Hi Misha , thanks for a lovely feedback. If the sticky ones bother you then simply dust the top of each cupcake lightly with cornflour . I am so happy it came out so great! The measuring cup that looks like a mug with a spout is used to measure liquids and the individual measuring cups that you get are used to measure dry ingredients. !If you like your cuppies moist , light and fluffy as a cotton ball then this recipe is for you . Like many of you my search for a perfect recipe began online. some were dry , some not that airy and fluffy , some were moist but dense , some fell flat on me some turned out ok but ‘ok’ isn’t good enough for me. Check out my tips on frosting a cake and storing on my salted caramel death by chocolate cake post. I tried your eggless vanilla cake recipe, and followed all the measurements as mentioned. I have the huge cooking range oven , every oven is different , next time try switching off top element. Melted butter can be used in place of oil - just skip salt, Instead of maida ( all-purpose flour)and white cornflour together  you can use 1 1/2 cup cake flour. You can message them on my facebook page. Hi khusboo ji A lot of batters call for gently folding in too. So, please bear with me. Hi Khushboo…. Loved it Substituted oil with butter.. Toooo soft.. So can you tell me what can be mistaken or how to make them spongy? Everyone devoured it Wish could share a glimpse with you. Second thing that was bothering me was that they weren’t as light and airy as a cupcake should be . 10) If you are impatient one like me , just pick 2-3 and eat them right away – warm spongy, moist and yummy . Hope this reply helped . but I wanted to know what changes do I need to make if I want to double the recipe. Hello Khushboo.. I am sure you will like it. use blender with whipping attachment and not the beater attachment. I have replaced it with oil and used some butter essence resulting into moist cupcakes even after 2 days. Thank you for a lovely feedback. Refer to my basic cake recipes, there are many tips given throughout the post. May be try covring cupcakes loosely with foil mid way while baking, hope that makes a difference. They were a bit dense ,perfect texture for a pound cake and not a cupcake. I baked in my 7″ round tin, for about 40mins and frosted and filled with chocolate ganache. It would be a huge help if you can guide me, thank you! Do give it a star rating in the comments ! You need butterscotch essence that you can use in this vanilla cake batter. Line standard or mini cupcake pan or 8" cake tin. im sure gonna try it. I make it for my son this way. These look lovely! Happy to know that you loved this recipe Manisha . Awesome cuppies Khusboo! Very few ingredients go into its making, the main players being curd aka yogurt and oil. Give cupcakes 20 minute stand time if siting in the fridge before consuming . Thanks a lot ?? Hi Khushboo, I tried your recipe and it turned out great…just live the texture and taste. About chocolate cake I need more details from you like pan size used, was the baking soda fresh? Awesome DS. But quantities mentioned were perfectly matched. Can I replace it with something else or just melted butter? Hi instead of all purpose and cornstarch can I use cake flour in same quantity? Also good quality liners will help. Sift the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. It should fluff up well after baking. Yeah. For boston cream pies I suggest go with all purpose flour in total . They were super soft and super yummy! If you wish to make one, head over to my chocolate cake recipe and it won’t disappoint you for sure. My concern is if i bake these the previous day…how should i store these for frosting the next day and consuming by evening. Thank you so much once again for being so prompt in your replies !! Chocolate Soaked Sponge Cake L'Antro dell'Alchimista. Hello Maria, the butter extract or essence is just to get buttery flavor. Hi khushboo.. I have blender n kneader attachments only.. can u pls suggest how I proceed further.. Hi Aksha, you may use a manual balloon whisk or a spatula or spoon to gently mix. I have successfully made a quarter sheet cake i.e in 9 by 13 cake pan. Hi dear. Will update soon . what type of cup should i use for measuring flour n rest stuff? It was the best ever egg free cake. The cupcakes being sticky on the top isn’t a problem as such. Make sure the the sides are also coated well with the flour. Thanks, Payal , yes you may reduce oil by 2 tablespoons and check if that kind suits you. , I will look out for them , glad you liked . Any suggestions what could be the reason as i have tried it 2-3 times earlier as well with same issue. http://www.thekitchn.com/a-complete-visual-guide-to-sugar-ingredient-intelligence-213715. I suggest do 180 deg at 16-18 minutes. That is sweet of you. So soft & spongy cake, even without egg and butter. i wanted to make a rainbow cake. I am glad you liked the chocolate cake recipe. Just wondering how long to cook this recipe if I wanted to make it in an 8 inch pan? can i use dry cups for both i.e. Do you have a page of your website on Facebook? Adding caramel sauce will make the cake texture sticky and dense. If frosted, Shelf life totally depends on what frosting has been used. Hi Khushboo your recipes are amazing. My pleasure Isha , I am glad you enjoyed both the versions . If I want to add cocoa powder and nuts, how much can I add without changing the proportions of other ingredients. Thank you for your quick reply. Layer with whipped cream and homemade butterscotch . Gives me confidence to try more cakes from your blog. Looking forward to baking more with your recipes . But yes may be i put whole batter in one 6″ pan could be causing the issue. Khushboo! How will the time of baking differ if I us a mini muffin pan? Hope you enjoyed it . Sorry to hear that Jesal. Yes you can , use tinned pineapples dusted in flour so that they do not sink to the bottom of the pan. Have 2 quick question s..Y do V add corn flour in the recipe?? Thank you again for the awesome recipes on your blog. . Thanks in advance. I am in love w u totally for sharing this recepie which m bookmarking right now ! I was not able to frost it, as it just crumbled down into small pieces. Just nice thick yogurt , Nidhi , don’t bother . Last year I followed this recipe and made a cake for my daughter's 3rd birthday. The taste is good comes out soft as well. so moist and spongy beautiful presentation. Copyright © 2020 -2021 carveyourcraving.com. Thanks a lot for the recipe. Just wanted to know how to make butterscotch cake? Then add the maida, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla essence and beat twice. It will help . Thanx for the prompt response…. Hi, your recipe looks good. Vanilla cupcakes are light airy and spongy.I am sorry if it did not work for you. Hey Khusboo, can I substitute curd with sour cream”? And ur recipe was loved and relished by love of my life, my daughter. Hi Chitra, I tried this one yestday and it was just perfect supersoft sponge cake :) My daughter is fan of your 1 min red velvet cakes :) Thanks!! Use a good quality vanilla flavour. Max, I have done 9 ” or a quarter sheet cake. I am so glad to share this recipe with you so that you don’t have to go through all the trial and error . I use organic unsalted butter for buttercream. Try substituting cornflour with maida itself and compare the results. Mallika , always use dry measuring cups for dry ingredients and the liquid cup for wet ingredients. In order to get a nice white (and not brownish) cake, I used Icing sugar instead of regular sugar, half butter half oil and since I only had a pineapple melon flavored store bought yoghurt at home, I used that. Ganached and fondant covered cake sit pretty well on room temperature for 3 days unless you have a perishable filling. Have tried ur dosa recipe nd chocolate cake recipe.. As you see the comments , it has been tried and tested by so many readers. Thanks in advance.