Showtime released a mini-series titled "Interrogation Tapes" online, via the official website. Republicans could bring the president’s madness to an end, but there are a series of deadlines that may force the issue. Jenny then starts a relationship with the film's biggest star, Niki Stevens (Kate French). [10] Jenny, Jenny has been extremely influential to me and played a pivotal role in helping me to become the person I am today. I remember reading some of those eating disorder and sexual violence pieces when they first came out, and they helped so much at the time. That was something familiar, something I understood.”, “I remember everything: what normal felt like all through college in my relationship with her — an attractive and charismatic woman who was also a compulsive liar and an abusive lover. So drunk was I on my own ability, that when depression descended — when getting out of bed required half an hour of mental brokering and the walk up to the field felt downright Herculean — I was entirely lost.”, “The first woman I ever loved told me that when you’re queer and Black, illness is a shadow that always follows you, but that no one ever acknowledges. Ummm, No One Is Really 6 Feet Apart Or Wearing A Mask At the CMAs Right Now. I was afraid harmless things, like street signs or trees, were trying to kill me. BPD is a complex condition that involves intense emotions, difficulty in regulating emotions, and an unstable/unclear sense of self. That shit was so real and so good and it gave me so many feels. somehow i relate the most to bette and jenny (don't ask) so it's hilarious seeing them share the same (non) response. [5][6] This latter assessment was based early on around her recurrent lying, and the fact she seems to excuse her own cheating in the first few seasons as a corollary of empowerment and as research for her book: which features an experimentalist female character who is evidently herself. "[4] Kirshner often pushed and encouraged for more truth. It comes from being afraid of the person who is abusing you, of course, but also afraid for the changes that honesty will force.”, “I was destroyed. Sa misère est son miroir ». New York Magazine décrit Jenny comme une femme odieuse et capricieuse, ajoutant qu'elle peut être condescendante. À la recherche d'un autre colocataire, elles choisissent Mark Wayland, qui est très sympathique mais elles découvrent à la fin de la saison qu'il a installé des caméras dans la maison afin de faire un reportage sur les lesbiennes. She was in a life partnership with another lesbian. There are myriad reasons to despise the concept of Jenny, whose character development was a classic bait and switch. In my case, I wanted to become a part of her world—not as a lover but as a member of what seemed to me to be an alternate race of human beings. Jenny-bashing became a spectator sport almost from the moment she arrived in Season 1—a state of affairs the show’s creator, Ilene Chaiken, still finds shocking: “People read into the character that she was a manipulator, self-absorbed, a troublemaker who put other people in service of her own neurotic agenda. From a butcher shop’s tee that combats food insecurity to a sustainably sourced gold necklace that benefits the Loveland Foundation. [25] She said she believed Jenny's confusion to whom she should be with was plausible. Who knows what happened to Jenny? Bien que Jenny soit réellement amoureuse de Carmen, celle-ci ne sort avec elle que pour se rapprocher de Shane et elles rompent quand Jenny l'apprend à cause de Mark. Jenny voit également revenir Marina, son premier amour lesbien. Anyone who watched The L Word for more than five seconds would probably agree that Jenny Schecter (played by Mia Kirshner) was the series’ most undeniably hateable character. Jenny doesn't necessarily know herself. They are interrogated. On The Wire, Michael's coldness, aversion to physical contact, and distrust of authority figures stems from his molestation by his stepfather. Jenny Schecter is my favorite character on The L Word. Chaiken implemented a series of changes to the character, one of which being the inclusion of a sexual abuse storyline and self-harm, which some critics observed as being attempts to make her likable in the LGBT community. Please don’t stop writing, and I hope one day to be able to use my words to tell my story. So is Don Draper. Like being awake is sleeping and being asleep is living. Jenny Schecter Jennifer "Jenny" Schecter è interpretata dall'attrice americana Mia Kirshner. In the book Blood Moon's GT Gay and Lesbian Film, Darwin Porter brands Jenny "one of the most annoying, needy characters on television" and calls her a "lost damaged soul". Thank you so so much to all of you for being so fierce and real. Which brings us to our second volume of Autostraddle Classics (the first was Lesbian Dating 101), an easy-to-access guide to all the things we’ve said. There’s A Reason. The bpd label is very important for many many borderlines and I don’t think it’s a good idea to discount others identities, yourself of course is your choice. Other people are also going to die.”. https://the-l-word.fandom.com/wiki/Jenny_Schecter?oldid=4035. Bette likes helping people and if it didn't take any extra effort on her end, I feel like she'd definitely let you copy. Obviously the vast majority of perps are men and the vast majority of perps against queer women/NB folks are men, but there are definitely some super tricky issues that happen when the violence is intra-community. And now that I’ve learned more about panic attacks and anxiety, I realise that the Hulk-out feeling or reaction I used to get and sometimes still get but rarely do now because my feels are not stuffed into a glass case. But then she was turned into an annoying girlfriend robot made to curate drama and general confusion. Because accountability is also validating and doesn’t take anything away from what you experience—nor does it ask you to be perfect or even better from here on out.