With the Fios Quantum Gateway, you can: *Range tested in lab conditions using latest generation wireless devices. FiOS-G1100 Quantum gateway pdf manual download. does anyone have recommended G1100 settings? Right this very moment I am sitting 20 feet away from the router down a hallway where I can see the lights on it. Get all the latest information on Events, Sales and Offers. and will likely be rolled out in regions step by step as they sort out problems / issues. With Xfinity WiFi, we're all hotspots now, How to Replace a Comcast Modem with your Own. - Welcome your guests with a … Wifi Analyzer on my phone shows 2 other networks, both on chanel 6, and they have -90db signal . Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines. I ask because I have the Rev. I - Gigabit Wireless N GigE Router, VERIZON FIOS - Actiontec MI424WR Rev. - Boost your range with up to 325 ft.* of Wi-Fi coverage. Same for non Apple devices. 2400 square feet is pretty big, but that depends on where the router is located, it depends on what type of structure your home is be it brick, wood, composites or even metal. Don't know how long the promotional price will last. The router is capable of gig speed. Went through 3 VZ techs worth of troubleshooting before they decided it could be the device itself. The point of the gig download speed is not to say hey my 1 device is getting a gig. This router features AC1750 Wi-Fi - Next-generation gigabit Wi-Fi; up to 3x faster than conventional wireless-N. verizon does not guarantee wifi. Make sure it has external antennas and is to the higher wifi standards. My Actiontec MI424WR was replaced with a Fios Quantum Gateway (G1100). Was there an update or somethign to the routers firmware wise? The Fios G1100 comes with a number of features: from 3x more speed to dual-band capacity, to a 325ft range and more, all for a router that’s usually priced below $100. The prices you are stating are exactly that of the rev. Same problem. With speedtest.verizon.net, it's showing 900-930Mbits for connection speed. The new router is placed identically as the old router. Perfect for An extender for a studio apartment? I would just leave well enough alone. Click the button below to add the Verizon FiOS Quantum Gateway G1100 AC1750 to your wish list. There is nothing on the left for me that says wireless routers. The Fios Quantum Gateway gives you better range, a stronger signal, and speed and reliability you can hang your hat on. I have been waiting for this for a while mainly for the dual band and MoCA 2.0. Integrated wireless networking with 802.11b/g/n/ac access point featuring: - 802.11b enabled to support speeds up to 11 Mbps wirelessly, - 802.11g enabled to support speeds up to 54 Mbps wirelessly, - 802.11n enabled to support speeds up to 450 Mbps wirelessly, - 802.11ac enabled to support speeds up to 1300 Mbps wirelessly, - Fully customizable firewall with Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI), - Content filtering with URL-keyword based filtering, parental control and customizable filtering policies, - Intrusion detection with Denial of Service protection against IP spoofing attacks, scanning attacks, IP, fragment overlap exploit, ping of death, and fragmentation attacks, - Advanced wireless protection featuring WPA2/WPA Mixed Mode and MAC address filtering, - Remote management and secured remote management using HTTPS, - Compatibility with older devices, including support for 802.11b and WEP 64/128 bit encryption, Verizon FiOS Quantum Gateway G1100 AC1750, ARRIS TM822G DOCSIS 3 TELEPHONEY (EMTA) MODEM (Approved by Comcast, Xfinity, Mediacom, Optimum, WOW, + more), ARRIS TM1602A DOCSIS 3 TELEPHONEY (EMTA) MODEM (Optimum/Cablevision, WOW + more), ARRIS TG862G DOCSIS 3 WIRELESS GATEWAY TELEPHONY MODEM(Comcast/Xfinity, Time Warner, Brighthouse, Mediacom, RCN + More! Also keep in mind that when you go to different speedtest sites they will auto select the server for you. Shipping Weight, 2.75 pounds (View shipping rates and policies). I had the G1100 model for the last year and a half. Is it possible to achieve 800-900Mbits speeds with using Verizon's Quantum G1100 router? I don't know how long the promotion is on, the delivery information was 5-7 days. From the sound of it, it is just available possibly even starting today as I have heard of no other reports of it being around until now. © Buyyourownmodem. **, *Terms and Conditions apply to the following, **BUY THE BEST VERIZON FIOS APPROVED MODEM AND SAVE WHEN YOU OWN YOUR MODEM!**. Your gateway supports networking using cables, Ethernet, or Wi-Fi, making it one of (I mean I can see it and there is nothing between me and this device.) Unable to find your answer here? And it drops completely if I go into my bathroom or kitchen. With speedtest.verizon.net, it's showing 900-930Mbits for connection speed. Again no need to blame Verizon. Where and how did you get that screen shot from? My house is about 2200 sq ft and on the same floor as the router there are areas where the Wifi signal drops to one bar or drops all together. Verizon customer service has offered no solution other than renting or purchasing a Fios Network Extender from them. It has started to be rolled out but only in parts of Virginia and very limited areas in Mass. Device test was just 188Mbps/472. In home range may vary depending on a number of factors like age/type of wireless devices used, internet service, router location, distance and interference, among other things. Try searching, Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines. I don’t recommend the Quantum router G1100 for its terrible WiFi. Perfect for larger homes and more devices. Wired connectivity through Ethernet and Coaxial cables 4. How do the bad guys know whatever I am doing on this computer. The Wifi signal strength of this router is much weaker than the previous Actiontec router. i? I'm using a wired Macbook Pro '17 as the test device. What the hell is one spliter going to do? Again if this was a new installation I'd be ok with it but it had been working fine for more than a year. The scepticism was well warranted, anyone trying to order one of the new dual band AC G1100 units will actually be getting the older Rev.I, no matter what a phone rep tells you. Will the G1100 work better with the Quantum TV setup than the Rev I, allow things to process faster, etc.? Quantum Gateway Router (G1100) Available and On Sale, T-Mobile Brings Home Internet Service To 130+ Locations; RIP Slingbox: Devices Will Stop Working By 2021; + more news, AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile Exceed Expectations Amid Pandemic; Shentel/T-Mobile Deal A Go, Final In 2Q21; + more news, Reps Ask FCC To Stop Controversial Items During Transition; Trudeau: High-Speed Internet For All By 2026; + more news, Ajit Pai Likely Out, Controversial Decisions Will Be Reversed; Verizon Expands, Extends MVNO Deals With Comcast, Charter, Goodbye Canadian Internet... we hardly knew you, Scientists 3D print microscopic Star Trek spaceship that moves on its, It's Time to Hang Up on Phone Transports for Authentication, Question regarding ISP dedicated static IPs and routers.