Simply awesome tasty experience! Do you have plans for Labor Day weekend? To get a really tender flank steak, cut the meat into very thin 1/4 inch slices “on the bias” and “against the grain.”. Heat skillet or griddle on medium heat. (And why cooking it properly is really, really important. Tacos, salads, nachos, whatever you’re feeling. — Donna @ Modern on Monticello on October 7, 2018. Pour it over the flank steak and marinate anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hour or even overnight! It’s the unofficial start of summer and I am so freaking excited. Place the steak on a rimmed platter to catch any drippings. Elizabeth Wakefield was my pretend best friend even though I REALLY wished I could be as cool as Jessica. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/quick_and_easy_pan_fried_flank_steak The marinade/sauce is fantastic! Amazon My husband hates tomatoes (unless they are sauce on pizza), but he tried this, and ate several servings WITH the tomatoes. Allow the steak to rest for 10 minutes before slicing it thinly against the grain. And there you have it! Hover your hand a couple inches over the skillet or griddle to test the heat so that you know it is nice and hot. Turn your grill to high heat, about 450 degrees. Broil the flank steak for about 11-14 minutes (for Medium Rare. Looks amazing. I’m very visual and last time I basically just chopped the thick cuts into fajita-sized strips…I think I missed the whole “against the grain” thing. https://www.kitchenask.com/. flank steak fajitas I shared a few years ago, Flank Steak Recipe - Cilantro Lime Flank Steak Recipe - Sweet n Savory, Cilantro Lime Flank Steak. And it’s super versatile. I just finished remodeling my kitchen and I am now in the clean up phase. No big deal because it’s so good. Lots of cilantro and lime. SO good! Let it heat up for 15 minutes at least, to make sure it's good and hot. Have a great Labor Day weekend everybody! Valentine’s Day out is best celebrated in our house and then out to dinner two weekends in either direction of the actual 14th. Whether you marinate or use a simple seasoning this recipe for cooking flank steak on the stove is super easy. I will definitely make this again. A standard marinade of oil, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, honey, garlic and dried chilies is excellent. The cilantro lime marinade is super flavorful! After 3-4 minutes, flip the steak over. While it is great to just eat straight up, flank steak is outstanding for fajitas or steak tacos. Because flank steak is so thin, it is really great at absorbing marinade. You’ve been PINKED! You know the ones. Let the steak rest on the counter at room temperature for 10 minutes. For sure! (you always want to keep the oven door shut as much as possible so that your oven doesn't cool down.). Fat means oil (olive oil is great), acid means lemons, limes, vinegar, wine, or even dairy (like buttermilk), and flavor means spices and herbs. Pan seared flank steak tastes amazing, so don’t fear that you will lose flavour if it is not grilled. You can also make an Asian marinade using sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sriracha sauce. My head was permanently buried in a book though – and I wrote a ton of stories myself – so I was much more of an Elizabeth. Tri Tip, Ribeye Steak, or Cuban Mojo Pork are other grill recipes that are always huge crowd pleasers (and that I’m particularly fond of.) The meat by itself is good, juicy — but not OMG good. The tomatoes were the perfect touch to top it off. Take the flank steak off the skillet and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Use a Mexican type marinade or rub with chili powder, cumin, and lime for amazing steak fajitas. I’m convinced I’m going to burn down the house the minute I do. Loved this recipe! I broiled it, and it tasted very buttery, silky in texture. Keep an eye on it and don't walk away. An overcooked flank steak is a chewy mess.). You should see a nice brown sear on the cooked side of the flank steak. I like to add a little olive oil to a bowl, dip a paper towel in it lightly (don't soak it) and rub the grill grates where the steak is going to go. Too hot in Phoenix to grill outside but I was craving carne asada. Slow Grilled Mustard Chicken << my favorite way to grill chicken, hands down. Also it looks better as far as presentation goes. This is a versatile dish, as suggested for fajitas or tacos, but would be equally good with some garlic bread, or steak wedges, or simply with a more hearty tomato salad version (adding black beans and corn). I just need to broil just a few minutes more because I think my steak was a littler thicker which came out medium rare. Gyro Style Shredded Beef (Instant Pot or Slow Cooker) << Gyros at home, minus the carbs! I mean, it is GOOD. Enjoy!! The key to grilling a tender, juicy flank steak is to get the job done hot and fast! // Use a meat thermometer! It is important to slice flank steak across the grain. Fake it til you make it, I say! Make sure your grill has been scraped clean of any remaining bits from the last time you grilled. Okay and! Would you consider posting a video tutorial on cutting the steak? Before you’re all “but whyyyy were you cooking on Mother’s Day” it’s because I have a mom and I cooked for her and nothing else is more awful than going out to eat on Mother’s Day. Beef Dinner Father's Day Game Day Healthy Dinner Holidays & Events Meat & Seafood, posted August 31, 2019 by The Food Charlatan, Your email address will not be published. You will love it. Just rub both sides with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let the grill heat up for about 15 minutes so that it’s good and hot. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty. Because flank steak does not have a lot of fat to add flavor, marinating is one of the best and easiest ways to tenderize the meat and infuse it with tons of flavor. Love that you can make it in a pan for easy prep and clean up! I also really love this hot or cold. I HIGHLY recommend a meat thermometer. It came out perfect and was the star of our potluck because of how pretty it was. (Costco sells fabulous flank steaks in a 2 pack. Also, it’s not required, but it is delicious to add something sweet like honey or brown sugar. This is my go to recipe when I want a steak salad. Shut the lid and set a timer for another 1-2 minutes. I just made this today. Times for medium, medium rare, etc, are below in the recipe. This cilantro lime flank steak is the way to my heart right now. How to cut Flank steak. Turn the steak at least once or twice during the marinade (which is why I prefer using ziplocks; I don't like getting my hands messy). I made this for a potluck lunch for my team! Your post was a hit on the Classy Flamingos Blog Party. Will make it again! But listen, I'm no chef. | Rumorfacts Breaking News Updates | Latest News, The Best Grilling Marinades for Your Summer Barbecue | Openfit, Side Dish Sundays: Smashed Cucumber Salad with Sesame. I’m going to use this recipe with the Chimichurri recipe to launch my new kitchen and stove. I made flank steak and crispy roasted potatoes and asparagus and salad and it was so, so good. Meanwhile, place your room temperature flank steak on a greased broiling pan, or on an. Tent your steak with foil to keep it warm while it rests for 5 minutes. This is a slightly easier version that these flank steak fajitas I shared a few years ago, but it’s the same idea. Sear for 1 minute on each side (set 2 timers!! It tastes just as good! And back in those days, I sat on a towel in the front yard with a boom box blasting and a stack of Sweet Valley High books at my disposal. What a delicious dinner!