These look delicious! You can also subscribe without commenting. Tks Judy. Hi, I'm Barry. I certainly never do. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. tasted great, but i forgot the baking powder. Cover the bowl with kitchen foil, and set aside for 20 minutes. My last few flatbreads were easier to roll out as well so I’m thinking I’ll let the dough rest for 10 minutes or so before I cook it next time. Don't stress about getting a perfect circle shape when rolling the flatbreads out. My solution was to cut the yogurt back a little to make the dough easier to handle. A quick, easy recipe for light, fluffy delicious flatbreads using 2 basic ingredients, that you can make in mere minutes. They did very well in the competition and this type of flatbread often accompanied many of their Middle Eastern dishes. My only concern was that the dough was pretty sticky and needed a fair amount more flour to roll out easily. Top them with an optional garlic butter or serve as is. There are dry cooked. Traditionally flatbread is made without yeast, which is also known as an unleavened bread. Read more on how to avoid this common baking pitfall in our post on, For more tried and true recipes, check out this collection of our, You’ll find hundreds of other great ideas in our, It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. I find that when I dust the flatbreads with flour instead the flour either burns and tastes awful. Lightly grease a work surface with olive oil then use a rolling pin to roll each ball of dough out into rounds approximately the size of a saucer. Learn how your comment data is processed. Copyright © 2020 Cook it Real Good on the Brunch Pro Theme. On a well floured surface, roll each dough ball out into a thin 10 inch circle. These super quick and easy yoghurt flatbreads are made with just three ingredients! These yogurt flatbreads are terrific with soups and salads or with any dish that needs a side of bread. Thanks for the great idea, I'm always looking for gluten free receipes..when you subistute gluten free flour some work well in some receipes but not in others . How do you keep the dough from falling apart? It also tends to leave flour marks which don't look nice. That makes the resulting breads really inundated with flour and results in an unpleasant tasting bread. Now this house is no stranger to flatbreads. Flip your dough to ensure both sides get covered in oil. Definitely going to try’s the scrolls. Repeat with the remaining flatbread. If using optional garlic butter, mix butter and garlic together then brush on top of the flatbreads as soon as they come out of the frying pan. But there is a difference between the two and that difference lies in one important ingredient - yeast! Lightly grease a clean work surface with olive oil then use a rolling pin to roll each ball of dough out into rounds approximately the size of a saucer. Divide the dough into 10 even- sized balls. Those can be quite time consuming though, because of the necessity to allow the yeast to do its work. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Gradually add in more flour until the dough starts to form into a ball. I've done the same before by mistake when I was using all purpose flour instead of self-raising Wondered why my flatbreads were so... flat haha. I was quite anxious to try this new type of flatbread to have a shortcut method available. Simply mix all of the ingredients together to form a sticky dough. I know we will be using this recipe a lot in the future, especially when time is short. It worked like a charm. I was very intrigued to try this for myself. Once flatbreads have completely cooled, place in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the freezer for up to three months. Garlic butter is completely optional. Given your helpful advice on precision and measurement - I'm in the UK and use scales. The flatbread were also not as soft and fluffy as I like. Just get them to resemble a saucer shape as much as you can and you're good to go. Yogurt Flatbreads. How you measure flour is important. You can also subscribe without commenting. You're awesome for doing it! Copyright 2020-My Gorgeous Recipes - All Rights Reserved. Yogurt Flatbreads. You’ll get weekly suggestions for great family friendly  meals and desserts too! These flatbreads could not be easier to make. If the dough is still too sticky, add some more flour and continue to knead. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. These are so handy to pull out when you're having curry or soup for dinner. The dough is made very simply, basically using flour, yogurt and a leavening agent. The dough is ready when it is able to hold it’s shape and is not sticking to your hands or the surface. It can result in mis-measurement of up to 34%. ALL CONTENT COPYRIGHT © 2020 ROCK RECIPES | Birch on Trellis Framework by Mediavine. A quick easy recipe with ... - Rock Recipes Any chance you could publish both weights and cups? Spouse and I had been watching a cooking competition recently where one of the teams was from Lebanon. A quick easy recipe for light, fluffy delicious flatbreads using 2 basic ingredients, that you can make in mere minutes. These are easily reheated in the cast iron pan for just a few seconds per side. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram. For more tried and true recipes, check out this collection of our 25 Most Popular Recipes since Rock Recipes began back in 2007. My lifetime love of cooking & baking has led me to share over 1800 recipes on this blog over the last 13 years. I'm Dad to 2 amazing kids, author of 4 best-selling cookbooks, a freelance food writer & full time blogger. If you’ve made these Quick and Easy Yogurt Flatbreads I’d love to hear how you enjoyed them! You want to work quickly with this dough – it tends to get stickier the longer it’s at room temperature. Next, I tried the other end of the proportion spectrum and tried equal volumes of yogurt and flour. The only difference is that you need to use olive oil to roll out the flatbreads instead of flour. Be sure to follow. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated. Store any leftover flatbreads in an airtight plastic container or plastic bag. I'm Cassie! Your email address will not be published. Both are one cup of flour but one weighs much more. Using olive oil to roll out the flatbreads is much nicer than flour. Yogurt Flatbreads. I’ll be making them in the very near future in a recipe for Chicken Shawarma Wraps! A little experimenting was in order.