aweful). Fisoma handcrafted stainless flatwound Mandoline strings stainless chromsteel -e''-strings chromsteel flatwound polished surface perfectly balanced sound: warm, soft long sustain easy to play Read more Read less. With a warm and bright tone the D''Addario Phosphor Bronze mandolin strings are a long trusted string for players of all styles and skill levels. All wound mandolin strings share a core that will either be round or hexagonal. Need some flatwound strings for your 8-string (or 4-string) MANDOLIN - MANDOLIN. They have a steel core made of special alloy with high elasticity and durability. I have not used flatwound strings on my mandolin before and so far \I am impressed. This unique design allows the strings to vibrate freely, creating a true, clear sound and an ultra-smooth feel. Sets are available with either loop-end or ball-end They are costly but worth it. Mandolin Strings are very important, as they have a big effect on your mandolin sound. First of all, these are NOT phosphor bronze strings---they are stainless steel!!! Then I switched to flat wound Thomastik mandolin strings that have proven to be the very best all around. Have an old mandolin without a truss rod so these lesses the strain on the neck and the lift the sound of my mandolin. Crossrock Fiberglass Mandolin Case, Fit for Both F Style & A Style, I must admit that I like the stainless steel strings, Reviewed in the United States on May 28, 2017. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 13, 2016. Products, Audio Recordings, I was expecting true flatwounds with a similar feel to vioin strings. Digitally-measured reeds and mouthpieces designed to help you play with consistency, confidence and, above all, calm. You've come to the right place. ... Carlo Aonzo is a worldwide known Italian mandolin performer, graduated cum laudae in the conservatory in Padua, he h... Go to article Latest blog news. 3. Compare Compare Now site512747416104241966 1274115036231. There was a problem completing your request. They are a similar quality to the chromes but: Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 8, 2016. I wanted flat wound strings that did not cost quite as much so I was willing to give these a try especially based on the description. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. You did not permit the use of Google reCaptcha. If you change the Ship-To country, some or Dive deeper into our roster of artists, our company values, and our exciting career opportunities. They have a good bright tone and feel nice to play, so will likely order these again.