I have made plain meringue for cookies. After going through dozens of recipes and trials, this is the most reliable macaron recipe I could come up with. I'm an artist and cake decorator from Portland, Oregon. Eileen from Western Cape , South Africa on April 28, 2015: What an excellent variety of cookies ! For me these are different than what I am used to and made with unique ingredients. I love how much it sparkles! C E Clark from North Texas on April 28, 2015: These cookies all look so cute! A very simple recipe for meringues with a hint of cardamom. If you want, you can also try one of the following suggested substitutes: Top with whip cream and fruit for a very impressive dessert. Allrecipes has more than 60 trusted meringue cookie recipes complete with ratings, reviews and baking tips. Meringue cookies made with almonds and spiced with cinnamon and lemon. allow cookies to cool completely in the oven (1-2 hours) before removing It is sold in the spices section of the grocery store. 1 teaspoon orange extract, 1 Tb orange zest, 3/4 cup mini-chocolate chips, optional: orange food coloring, Add orange extract instead of vanilla. Cookies will not be brown. They practically melt in your mouth! While I know no one is ever actually scared by spooky Halloween treats, I do know for a fact that many people are terrified to work with meringue. Mine are always a hot mess! Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on April 28, 2015: Hi Rochelle--If you have tools to do cake decorating, you can make the piped animals. Macarons are made from almond flour and meringue, with even the pros claiming to failure on a regular basis. Another thing I love about meringue cookies is that you can color them to match a party theme or sports team. These tasty little treats are perfect for Halloween. Transfer to a pastry bag with large star tip. Double Chocolate Raspberry Pavlova: Raspberry and chocolate are one of those made-in … Meringue KIss (any flavor or color) 1 teaspoon extract any flavor, 3-4 drops of food coloring. Fold in oats and pecans. Fold in orange zest and mini-chocolate chips. BTW, Congratulations on the HOTD award. A while back I made meringue cookies with kool aid. It takes some practice to use the piping tips, but it isn't really hard. It can make a nice coffee break a little more special and it's really easy to make. All the rage right now in the cake world. 1 teaspoon extract any flavor, 3-4 drops of food coloring. I also used a bit less sugar. Macaron is the French word for macaroon, but are never the coconut-based cookie. Susan Deppner from Arkansas USA on April 28, 2015: I haven't made meringue cookies in years. If you leave the oven door open just a little it can help keep the meringue from browning. Cookies with a story is a good thing too. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. 1 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or hazelnuts; 1 cup chopped dates (may want to chop small), optional: add 1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips.