The future tense is a verb tense used for a future activity or a future state of being. Perfect tenses are typically used to talk about actions that are completed by the present or a particular point in the past or future. ; With verbs such as appeler (meaning to call), which end in -eler, the l doubles throughout the future tense. Time expressions in the Future Tense. to talk about things that we think are likely or possible to happen in the future, but which aren’t completely certain (I think she’ll retire soon; he won’t [will not] stay married to her for long; you’ll never lose weight, you like food too much). >.<, this weekend I will play and procrastinate all day and draw on the computer. I’m chatting with my friends, I listening to music and reading a book. The future tense (e.g. to make promises or threats, or to state decisions at the time of speaking (Fine, And like the ancient mariner: The Greek teacher, before signing off urged us to practice the ‘melody” of the future tense.” It was a play on word, because of course the Greek word for “future” is μελλοντικός., which may or may not be related to μελωδία (melody). The simple future verb will help refers to an upcoming event. for his weekend i haven't got a plan, because i'm in the quarantine. When the global shutdown taunts my wanderlust Another relationship prospect falls flat – we met on a boat, go figure. Do you think it’ll rain this afternoon? We will be packing for our vacation tonight. The present tense (e.g. Nowadays I use British council every day. I sing at the top of my lungs. We’re not going to do the race! What are you doing this evening? , Σε ευχαριστώ, δάσκαλε. I think the Green Party will win the election. I don't have a plan for this weekend because i'm in quarantine for the Corona Virus, who unfortunately hit Italy. We also use will when we decide something at the moment of speaking. I blast them in my car on my way to and from work. I’ll never understand the future! You see, like most languages, Greek is replete with irregular verbs and enough exceptions to the rules that will send the weak at heart running for shelter. They say that finding the perfect song for your situation is the perfect feeling. So could I say 'I’m going to go to the cinema with Alex'? If there’s one thing that’s common to all of us now, it’s our intense preoccupation about what lies ahead, and how best to tackle it. Being hopeful can become draining. Here are the main situations in which the future is used: to give or ask for information about the future (you will be in California tomorrow; how long will the journey take? Do you want to improve your English verb tense skills? Oldest. Yes, that’s very common. Copyright © 2020, Turtlediary.com. I’m sure you will! I recently saw a popular Facebook meme that reads: “I miss living in precedented times.” Though in fact I do believe Hell was always breaking loose, never before have I been hit by so many tragedies and upheavals, one after another, with little or no time to come up for air. Grace. I’m going to clean my room tonight. The formula is will have been + present participle. Thank you, Dr. Alvine. These tenses are sometimes referred to as aspects rather than tenses. Oliver and Alfie decide to enter a bike race. Additionally I'll watch football game in my room.football is passionate sports .I regularly watch premier league every weekend. That there are days when I feel like my prayers are being ignored, When I feel like I have tried everything. (= Amy’s intention) So i think i will stay at home and i will play at playstation. I am, she works, we swim, they believe) is also called the present simple or simple present. You can use present simple for timetabled events. This verb tense is used to express an ongoing action that will be completed at a specific time in the future. OK, and one last thing! Did he know you were coming?Alfie: Yes, we spoke earlier. We won’t be ready. These six tenses aren’t the only English verb tenses. Oh no.Amy: Come on, it’ll be good. to talk about something that exists or happens regularly (she goes out every Saturday night; it always rains here in winter; I start work at 7.30 a.m.). My approach to language has been to throw myself in, hence me trekking off to Nice, Mexico, Quebec, Greece, Costa Rica, Spain – Putting myself in situations where I’m forced to speak – to sink or swim. Want some tea? I will relax on the phone, i will play game and I will go out with friend. It was all on my mind on the drive home. Have a look at this close-up photo. It's imperative that kids master the future verb tense at an early age, because it's an important component of basic sentence structure. For example, "Marie walked home." (= arrangement between Amy and Daisy) The term aspect is used in grammar to talk about the form of a verb that shows, for example, whether the action happens once or repeatedly, is completed or still continuing. I was, he talked, we had, they worked) is also called the past simple or simple past. some of my friend live in another prifecture to learn good education.I keep in touch regularly ,Nowadays We talk about learning English ,because We have got low score in previous exam. I think i will stay at home and make a cake. Watching football in my room is like a supporter.I have never go to football stadium, because There are so many supporter and loud voice.It is not comfortable. The present perfect verb have talked shows that Goodall’s discussions began in the past and continued until the present. The death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, who I sincerely believed was robbed of a proper mourning, because immediately following the news of her passing, self-preservation kicked in, and we were forced to focus more on the fact that we might be screwed to adequately reflect on and celebrate her invaluable contribution to humanity. The future tense describes things that have yet to happen (e.g., later, tomorrow, next week, next year, three years from now). I'm going to make some cakes and watch some tv series. We often use going to (+ infinitive), the present continuous (to be + -ing) or will (+ infinitive). But no sooner had we started looking at examples that amidst, irregular verbs, crazy endings, some of which look nothing like the verb in the original present tense, that I knew this was not going to be a cake walk, and that I would have to be more intentional about mastering it. But we usually avoid saying going to go, just because it doesn’t sound very elegant. Take the... © British Council The United Kingdom's international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. These six tenses aren’t the only English verb tenses. I have been seeking refuge in songs lately – gospel, reggae, country, love ballads, negro spirituals. What is the verb to be “To Be” is a verb which shows a state of existence. No sugar for me – I’m in training!Oliver: Right. I'm just going to relax and watch some movies. We use the present continuous more for arrangements with other people and be + going to + infinitive for intentions. How many words can you Sushi Spell in two minutes? We use will / won’t (= will not) + the infinitive for predictions about the future. Inline Feedbacks. Newest Most Voted. But you won’t be training every day, will you?Alfie: That’s what we’re going to talk about now.Daisy: In here. The tense of a verb tells you when a person did something or when something existed or happened. We are going to walk in the park and we are going to eat ice cream. When is it?Alfie: In about a month. Έχω την τέλεια λέξη για εσάς! The following table illustrates the proper use of verb tenses: I think I'm going to do my homework, tidy my room and play computer game. in italy right now we are in quarantine, so i will stay home and watch netflix. Where is she?Oliver: Egypt. As its description implies, it’s used to talk about things or situations which happened in the past, that is, before the present time of speaking. As I wrote the word down, it struck me that this lesson could not have come at a more appropriate time. This brings a return of the -ing verb. Phew! Learn more about when to use will or shall. Can you use going to for other predictions? It has been a running joke since. 110x . (not an arrangement). maybe playing with my little sister . I shall [orwill]go; he will talk; we shall [or will] have; they will work) is used to refer to things that haven’t yet happened at the present time of speaking, but which are due, expected, or likely to occur in the future. Maybe I will bake cake. Is it correct to say, ‘When’s the race?’ That’s present simple, isn’t it? You’re going to spill that coffee. They are formed and used as follows: the present perfect continuous (I have been working): used to talk about how long something has continued up till now (I have been working there for a week), the past perfect continuous (I had been working): used to talk about something which continued up to a particular moment in the past but is now completed (I had been working there for a week before I resigned), the future perfect continuous (I will have been working): used to talk about something which is expected to end by a particular time in the future (By December, I will have been working there for 6 months). The future tense is a verb tense used for a future activity or a future state of being. I think I will sleep, do my homework and be with my family. In this case there is no 'attitude'. We’ll give you a lift; I’ll never speak to you again). My plane leaves at 4pm tomorrow. I don't know . How to be a good listener if someone is upset. I'm going to go for a walk with my second friend or maybe we'll drink a coffe or something. So, you sometimes use the verb think before will? Let’s look at will to start with. I don't have any big plans for this weekend, though I'm planing to clean my cupboard coz it's awfully messed-up. Yes. Learn more about when to use will or shall. I am going to sports field to play football with my uncle. The forms with spelling changes have been underlined in the tables. How’s the planning?Oliver: Ah, well. There are three main continuous tenses: the future continuous (I will be working). I’m planning to just take it easy. to refer to a future situation in certain cases and in some subordinate clauses (the bus arrives in London at 6 p.m.;  I'll make us some coffee when we get home). Absolutely, I’m tidying my room because it’s untidy. Maybe the new Matt Damon one … or a romcom.Alfie: If you choose the Matt Damon, I’ll stay, but I won’t if it’s the romantic one.Oliver: What’s the Matt Damon one about?Daisy: The Second World War.Oliver: A war film! If there’s one thing that’s common to all of us now, it’s our intense preoccupation about what lies ahead, and how best to tackle it. Hope you have a good experience with this site and recommend to your friends too. In English, there are three main tenses: the present, the past, and the future. We normally use the present continuous with go. I suppose it is easy now to stop and look back at all the things we took for granted. No. Turtle Diary's future verb tense game challenges kids to problem solve by choosing the correct verb tense to complete the sentence. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland). Here are the main situations in which the future is used: to give or ask for information about the future (you will be in California tomorrow; how long will the journey take? To play this game, click on the link below: https://www.turtlediary.com/game/choose-the-future-tense-verb.html, To know more about different games, please visit www.turtlediary.com. Daisy: Oliver’ll be back soon. She said triumphantly after running through a list of possible translations. I will tell one of my friend with Skype.