Keep in mind that you can come in early to finalize, then … Does... jump to content. Mine also said most likely but they don't know yet and to check a week before release, How many are being sold at any given store. If they survive, I am guessing they will be more like a classic game store selling the Sega Genesis, NES, etc. Explore the latest PS5 games, accessories and more online at GameStop. They have to pay beforehand. As is standard in most major game releases, retailers have their own bundles that include varying goodies with your copy of the game. Prime members get a $10 credit for use on Amazon.com. level 1. highzenberrg. It may not display this or other websites correctly. My GS looked at me with a funny look wondering why I even asked if a midnight release was going to happen. share. on December 20, 2019 at 8:14PM PST. Everything will be pretty much download only outside of limited/special editions that are really just for display. Although my Zelda preorder is at GameStop... My GameStop said it's to soon to tell but I really hope they do. GameStop has a weird way of giving their associates (GA) hours. Sort by. Below you can see release dates for the biggest games of 2019. If you still relish the thrill of a midnight release and prefer a hard copy over digital downloads, some major retail chains are still out there able to satisfy your incurable Poké-mania. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Resident Evil 2 Remake started the year off well, but there's far more on the horizon. Best Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra Features That Apple Should Adopt! Midnight Launch. I had one about 1000 feet from my house right before the pandemic stuff they announced they were closing down. Some people just have no clue how the resale market works so they just like to crap on them about trade in values. Lets reflect back 15 years ago, GameStop was on fire, they were the ‘go to’ source for any pre-orders, midnight releases, gaming parties, free pizza, etc, They actually made it ‘fun’, Now, they don’t do half of those things anymore, except for the midnight release. Check below for an up to date list of our upcoming Launch Events and stores that will be opening their doors. my subreddits. They are just opening as normal the day of the 3rd and doing business as usual. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Our Launch Events give you the chance to get the latest games physically on launch night – get it at GameStop first! -Tasteless (Referring to ZergBong), DH Winter: EU & NA playoffs, TIME wins Chinese regional. What’s the pre-order bonus? I think it's pretty efficient and streamline. Games are going to go digital at some point in the 2020s I assume. I've only went to midnight releases of a couple games, but I know at mine, you go in and finalize your sale before midnight, they assign you a number determined by how many people have finalized it before you, then just before midnight, they line everyone up at the door numerically, letting in about 5 people at a time at midnight. is that preorders for the switch itself or preorders period? It’s obvious they are struggling, but the reality is, even after driving by multiple locations, they still have no cars in the parking lot. Can't find what you are looking for? What’s the pre-order bonus? They are already planning activities and which employees are going to bring what and how to deal with the massive crowd. Hello, this being my first post ever I thought I might do something us full. In my city there's typically only one game stop that does midnight releases. 63% Upvoted. Not all GameStops will open at midnight. To help you keep track of all the games coming out, we've compiled a list of all the noteworthy release dates for the biggest ones confirmed to come out in 2019 so far. JavaScript is disabled. The manager at mine said they are going to have he plans to have a launch party with food and a smash tournament but its also the biggest game stop in Michigan so that probably helps, Predicted sales and hype. Also, if you pick up your game between November 16-25, you’ll get a code for an exclusive Trainer outfit. It’s Amazon, my dude. I think the fact that they're putting employees directly in harm's way staying open in light of the global pandemic, shows what the health is of the company. Although I like physical copies, I know at some point we will probably be without them. Definitely ask your local store what the deal is closer to the release date. Try the Advanced search. What’s the pre-order bonus? Gamestop should have become something similar to Green Man Gaming IMO. So I don’t know which Gamestops you’re referring to, but they should be reported, because they’re considered ‘non-essential’ and I can guarantee you, They’re subject to a state mandated fine for staying open that has no reason to be open in the first place. The “PS” Family logo is a registered trademark and “PS4” is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Software platform logo (TM and ©) EMA 2006. Our store depends on who runs it. One of the biggest video game retailers in North America isn’t just offering Pokémon Sword and Shield, it’s also offering a double-pack of both games, plus a double-sided wall banner. This thread is archived. I just want to add, the fact that GameStop is trying to remain open during an ‘essential business only’ mandate amongst the majority of North American states, says it all (Which Gamestop is NOT essential). I went to one for the first time in years a few months ago to pick up a "new" copy of Control for a cheap price. They budget their hours depending on the sales they make the previous week. Like GameStop, Walmart is also selling a two-game pack. GameStop's Black Friday 2019 Deals Start on November 24th. Which games are you looking forward to? Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition, Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaire's Conspiracy.