At some points "Narkopop" lacks some of the fluidity in production, as compared to the prevoius 4 installments of the series. Might be one for Deutsche Grammophon. Reviewed in the United States on June 1, 2017, Reviewed in the United States on May 12, 2017. NARKOPOP continues the classic GAS aesthetic of symphonic scope and subtle variation, taking the listener on an otherworldly journey to the depths of rapture and reverie. His recurring theme of slow, pulsating, living ambience is one of my most vivid memories of the time when I first discovered electronic music. Please try again. As fans might expect, Narkopop isn't a stylistic reinvention of the beloved Gas sound, but an evolution and refinement. Delivers exactly as titled. For the first time, a closer look at the cover of Narkopop reveals signs of architectural fragments which hint at another, maybe parallel world behind Voigt's forest. So, how does the new record fare towards its older sister? So after hearing that Narkopop was being released, I couldn’t wait to put it on my ipod and trudge of somewhere lost in thought. This is great. The blend loses its homogeneity here and there, but even with that "flaw" taken into account, "Narkopop… referencing Narkopop, CD, Album, KOMPAKT CD 136 At some points "Narkopop" lacks some of the fluidity in production, as compared to the prevoius 4 installments of the series. Categories: 2xLP, Book, CD, CD Book, DISTRIBUTION, Kompakt, Vinyl. Pas de réelle surprise quand on connait les oeuvres précédentes de Wolfgang Voigt (co fondateur du label Kompaky). It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Reviewed in the United States on May 25, 2017. Every time a kick drum is introduced to the music it some how weights the compositions down to the ground, instead of letting the notes float to the heavens. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Enabling JavaScript in your browser will allow you to experience all the features of our site. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Got a replacement copy through Amazon. A legend in the industry Wolfgang Voigt aka Mike Ink aka Gas aka ... finally returns to the LSD drenched forests of his nineties ambient/dub/techno excursions. Is someone able to verify this? first and last tracks are good, rest are meh. Those of you familiar with the name will remember its place as one of electronic music’s pioneers. Product Description. NARKOPOP continues the classic GAS aesthetic of symphonic scope and subtle variation, taking the listener on an otherworldly journey to the depths of rapture and reverie. For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now. The scale of the music seems even greater this time around with the forest as deep as ever and the expert workmanship reaches modern classical feel at times. Gas: Narkopop ‎ (CD, Album) Kompakt: KOMPAKT CD 136: Germany: 2017: Sell This Version: Recommendations Reviews Show All 22 Reviews . Grow Your Child's Library with Top Young Reader Series, Knock Knock Gifts, Books & Office Supplies, Buy One, Get One 50% Off Holiday Boxed Cards, Learn how to enable JavaScript on your browser. Narkopop on Bleep. The blend loses its homogeneity here and there, but even with that "flaw" taken into account, "Narkopop" deserves full 5 stars. Narkopop (Continous Mix) In the body of work of Cologne artist Wolfgang Voigt – who, like few others, has informed, shaped and influenced the world of electronic music with countless different projects since the early 1990s -, GAS stands out in particular as a saturnine sound cosmos based on heavily condensed classic sequences. as a planned companion piece, making Narkopop the night to Pop’s day. Además de la oscuridad sonora, quizá predomine otro elemento: Lo tétrico. Une évolution tout en douceur de son projet Gas. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Gas has returned with its own unique ambience in this latest offering Narkopop. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. part of me thinks that Wolfgang's got a little lazy on that one. Less impressive than the earlier gas releases. Both had issues, but combining the best elements between the two copies I now have a perfect vinyl/book set. CD. You can view Barnes & Noble’s Privacy Policy. probably me getting older and denser or something (see? Makes this listener dream of the possibility of Gas joining forces with a symphonic orchestra for a rework album. (10xFile, FLAC, Album + File, FLAC, Album, Mixed), Narkopop, 3xLP, Album + CD, Album, KOMPAKT 371, Narkopop, 10xFile, FLAC, Album + File, FLAC, Album, Mixed, Kompakt CD 136 D, Narkopop, 11xFile, WAV, Album, 24-, Kompakt CD 136 D, favorite electronic music releases of 2017. Only on track 5 does the slowed beat have a sense of guiding the music instead on being layered under it. Current price is $21.84, Original price is $22.99. You Save 5%. Reviewed in the United States on June 10, 2017, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 6, 2017, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 29, 2018. Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date. Use up arrow (for mozilla firefox browser alt+up arrow) and down arrow (for mozilla firefox browser alt+down arrow) to review and enter to select. Is this supposed to happen or what? Auto Suggestions are available once you type at least 3 letters. Ten words now. won't say I enjoyed it. Learn how to enable JavaScript on your browser, ©1997-2020 Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Inc. 122 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10011, Submit your email address to receive Barnes & Noble offers & updates. Suitable for both dancefloors and baroque living rooms, GAS is providing a warm, dark atmosphere where you are able to shut all your troubles away. The record is the follow-up to Wolfgang’s Voight’s last Gas outing Pop as a planned companion piece, making Narkopop the night to Pop’s day. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. as absurd as it sounds coming from a regular listener of Eno's Neroli and the like, I can't find any interesting progression here, it's just the same thing going over and over again. Please try again. Release date: 2017-04-21. El segundo paquete llegó en mejores condiciones pero aún así se siente a punto de despegar. Download MP3, WAV, FLAC, WAV (24-bit). The aforementioned issues included visible dimples on the vinyl which caused pops, and the art book coming unglued. Perfect album name. Truth is the prettiest illusion. A quality album that will gain appreciation as the years go by and the filler music sinks into oblivion. I was told by KOMPAKT that no 24-bit files were made available for sale. Description. Just enough rhythm to keep it in flux. I believe Narkopop works best when the tracks are beat-less, leaving Voight to evoke a sense of mystery and wonder with the soundscape he creates (see tracks 3, 4 and 6). The music remains as lush and forest-like as the artwork, but instead of the slowed-down loops of pop and classical records that made up much of the earlier recordings, which felt like never-ending soundscapes rather than songs, this one sounds more thoroughly composed. GAS - Narkopop. ole.grung June 23, 2019 Report; After his monumental “Gas Box” release last year, Wolfgang Voigt to my surprise chose to revitalise his GAS moniker.