I don't know how Gas (aka Wolfgang Voigt) creates his magic, and, frankly, I don't want to. Greatly appreciated reissue. Dazzling. Eerie. Zauberberg's (magic mountain) mysterious, hypnotic music invites you to listen to it over and over again. Select Your Cookie Preferences. Sorry, there was a problem saving your cookie preferences. this album has a bit of a dark mood to it. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Zauberberg by Gas at Amazon.com. Reviewed in the United States on June 13, 2005. Throughout the ever-growing exploration of sound, it’s been pretty clearly defined that if you repeat or loop some major instance or movement of the music, it should successfully achieve a long-term goal of some kind, or at the very least just sound good. Reviews generally cite Zauberberg as the darkest, most dissonant Gas release. Share this. Featured peformers: Wolfgang Voigt (aka_text music role_id 1010.aka_text). this album has a bit of a dark mood to it. It is potent hypnotic sound. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Nice bump! With his self-titled debut album, Gas took what sounded (appropriately) like gas leaks, had such a thing turned out to be the most beautiful thing to ever happen in the world, and sprawled them out into ten-minute minimal epics with a touch of vibrancy. Album Rating: 4.5It's super awesome agreed. Just... give it a chance. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Album Rating: 4.5This album is superb. Disturbing. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. MP CD 45; CD). Throughout the ever-growing exploration of sound, it’s been pretty clearly defined that if you repeat or loop some major instance or movement of the music, it should successfully achieve a long-term goal of some kind, or at the very least just sound good. could be the best gas, Digging: Anna von Hausswolff - Dead Magic. gd review, Album Rating: 4.5My favorite is Pop but this is #2, Digging: Mannequin (CA) - From a Distance. These moments are easy to recognize because they’re constantly right there, not floating in front of you, but completely removed from you, out of reach but seldom out of touch. Reviewed in the United States on September 27, 2007. Good review. Haunting. Any semblance of deviance from the pattern is almost wholly nonexistent, with every song ending with the same predetermined habits as it began with. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Eerie. Gas got the job done of conveying a subtle otherworldly immersion but struggled to be anything more than subtle – which is where his 1997 follow-up album comes in. Reviewed in the United States on February 1, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on July 4, 2019. Zauberberg, an Album by GAS. Album Rating: 3.5Thanks guys. Shimmering. good album but i like the next two better Released 3 March 2017 on Kompakt (catalog no. When you find music that has an effect on the body you know its good. This music can only be written about in terms of adjectives, and each one of them speaks to the music's ability to stun, entrance, and emotionally move. Repetition in music is a nuance best served with confidence. Track 1 burns the incense, letting loose into the atmosphere the tangerine, droning miasma that lights the emotional fire for Track 2, which drives it down the hole with a persistent, muddied beat and a cryptic tongue, effervescent pianos stealthily creeping into the activity. Haunting. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. The depths of mood Zauberbeg is imposing on the listener is out of this world. MCM London May 2016 Coverage: ‘Make Out Monday’ & JPU Records, Interview with Todd Bryanton (LilDeuceDeuce), Album Review: Venn Rain – Rhizome Riverbed, Book Review: The Queen of Xana by Fred Pilcher, Halloween Review a [YouTube] Channel: Dr. Wolfula, Team Diabetes of Second Life Sets to Start Fifth Season. Try again. Album Rating: 4.5Great album. Frightening. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Your email address will not be published. Digging: Natural Snow Buildings - Daughter of Darkness, Bands: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z, Natural Snow Buildings - Daughter of Darkness. Gas - Zauberberg review: Voidt's Fear-scented candle. I don't know how Gas (aka Wolfgang Voigt) creates his magic, and, frankly, I don't want to. Boomkat Product Review: Wolfgang Voigt’s ambient techno evergreen mercifully reissued as a standalone release for the first time since 1997, and its inclusion in the sumptuous Gas ‘Box’ set, now remastered. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Your email address will not be published. Album Rating: 4.5Oh all these GAS bumps make me so happy Miguel!! Quite an experience. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Zauberberg at Amazon.com. Reviewed in the United States on February 1, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on July 4, 2019. Box seems to ratify the statement, presenting the core of Voigt's enduring gift to electronic music as canon. As Box now posits, GAS begins two years on with 1997’s Zauberberg. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Reviewed in the United States on June 2, 1999. Along with the selftitled Gas, Konigsforst and Pop albums, this slab of thick, ultra-multi-layered throbbing ambience makes for literally absorbing listening. Disturbing. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Perhaps his darkest to date. Zauberberg, an Album by GAS. Greatly appreciated reissue. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. And why would you? this is a seriously excellent review, good shit. Repetition in music is a nuance best served with confidence. Review Summary: Wolfgang Voigt warps and distorts techno sounds to create some unique ambient goodness. zauberg is excellent, eerie and hypnotic. Foreboding. Always go back and forth between this and Konigsforst, but love them both. Zauberberg is arguably the most definitive Gas album, and indeed some consider it the best. Zauberberg's (magic mountain) mysterious, hypnotic music invites you to listen to it over and over again. the best album of the last 15 year's favorite album, Album Rating: 4.5Yep. The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment. Unlike Gas's first self-titled CD, which was quite beautiful but all over the place, Zauberberg chooses a theme and sticks to it, fleshing it out until it can go no further. DBlitz: This is better in my opinion, but there again his albums aren't markedly different from one another. Kevin K January 28, 2015 January 28, 2015. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Zauberberg by Gas at Amazon.com. Over the course of seven tracks Gas painstakingly constructs a world of ominousness, mystery … The others -- Königsforst (1999) and Pop (2000) -- are also great, but sometimes they seem like variations of Zauberberg, as if Voigt set the standard with this album and then sought to alter it on subsequent releases, so not to repeat himself. Reviewed in the United States on September 27, 2007. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. This sentence convinced me to check Gas out. Dazzling. vanderb0b: Lol - I'm glad. Even for an album so convincingly never-ending – and so faithful to its essence – you still can’t help but walk away feeling as if you’ve just felt something all-too ephemeral. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. In the ambient techno sphere, Germany’s Wolfgang Voidt – operating under the moniker of Gas – populates the play field of the latter category. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. You certainly wouldn’t want something that aimlessly runs around in circles evoking nothing to be the centerpiece of a ten-minute track. Tracks 5 and 6 don’t do very much to hide their more hostile intentions and even the album’s closer sounds like a twisted sibling to the opener’s glowing innocence. Reviewed in the United States on 1 February 2019, Reviewed in the United States on 4 July 2019. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. What I like most about it is that it's not distracting at all. It is potent hypnotic sound. It’s the first instance of Voigt presenting GAS as a unified sound and vision. Reviewed in the United States on June 2, 1999. knew someone would question that grammar but hey it makes sense if you read it slow, I assume Yotimi is referring to The Field? I feel like he based his whole aesthetic on Konigsforst 7, Bands: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. Album Rating: 3.5Not sure if I like this more than Pop or not, definitely feels like it progresses a bit more. Fantastic reissue from the brilliant GAS project. Enchanting, mysterious, foreboding. The songs are re-ordered for the CD format, with several presented as extended versions. It would be difficult to say the feeling is a cold one as the catharsis found on Track 3 vouches for the exact opposite, but this sense of uncertainty is what ends up being Zauberberg’s true claim to fame. On paper, it doesn’t do a whole lot, especially for a twelve minute-long track, but the rewards drawn from such seeming simplicity is testament to the power of repetition. Not like anything before it, and like little after it, GAS's premiere music is cavernous, moving and incredible. It's a little bit different though in the case of Gas – one of German electronic … Greatly appreciated reissue. 147778; Lossless Digital). Genres: Ambient Techno, Minimal Techno, Ambient. Digging: Desolate Horizons - Loops for Ascension, Album Rating: 4.0hell yeah. I love gas music! Gas - Zauberberg review: Voidt's Fear-scented candle. As if an antithesis to Pop’s intimacy with the tangible, Zauberberg attempts to dismantle that intimacy; if it was vibrant there, it’s a phantom here. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. I've been meaning to check more of this guy out, Pop is one of the most hypnotic ambient albums i've ever heard. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. album rules too. Listening to this is incredible for studying, drawing, thinking, pretty much doing anything else that requires concentration. All I know is that Zauberberg sounds unlike anything that came before it; certainly nothing that Brian Eno, the father of ambient music, could have ever predicted. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Yet what's more remarkable now than the influence and rich backstory of Gas is its mutability. Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. This page works best with JavaScript. "Zauberberg is great because you don't need a forest or drugs for it to make you feel as if you're in a forest, on drugs." Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Repetition in music is a nuance best served with confidence. Frightening.