It will probably be Cooper for sidewall strength. And with its strong grasp in the mud terrain segment, the A/T X is General … It is the next generation AT3. ... OhHeyThereBen Active member. 85% would buy again. The Grabber A/TX, the successor to the Continental-owned tire company’s Grabber AT2, was launched during a four-day event in New Orleans and tested on an off-road track outside the NOLA Motorsports Park that General Tire staff created for the event. More sizes will be added this fall, it said. Please select at least one newsletter to subscribe. OH 44221, Goodyear recognized by Lockheed Martin as 'elite supplier', EV tire advancements to help secure future, Lambillotte: Only question on AVs is timing, CAR official says EV future brighter than autonomous, Amazon Web Services, BlackBerry partner on vehicle data, Groups release outline for autonomous vehicle legislation, Rise in aftermarket tire demand leaves shortages, USTMA: 2020 tire shipments improve, fall short of 2019, Americas International tops Best Places to Work list, Houston company joins with Norway firm to recycle tires, Trelleborg adds capacity for silicone, TPE medical devices, NewAge investing to boost medical division, Leoni to cease oil and gas activities at German plant, Covestro develops CO2-based elastomers for offshore industry, R.E. Anyone have experience with Cooper Tires. Based on 5 reviews. The 265/70R16 Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX has a diameter of 30.87", a width of 10.9", mounts on a 16" rim and has 673 revolutions per mile. One other tire you may wish to consider is the Firestone Destination A/T, which is available in 265/75r16 both in the P and LT series. Michelin scored first place in the performance and ultra-high-performance categories. His one compliant is there loud, I agree you can hear him humming down the road from a good distance. The braking distance was 2.08m longer, than the leader. However, the General Grabber AT 2 does fit the bill. So I personally drive my truck about the same amount as you listed which means M/T's are out of the question. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 4 of 4 Posts ... but the General Grabber AT2 and BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO both do. These tires will have studs installed, and will be my dedicated winter tires for use between November and April. General Grabber ATX vs Falken Wildpeak AT3W? I have been looking at tires for my 2015 Ram 2500 for a while and was getting close to a decision, but Cooper tires just made my decision more difficult. 7-8th place in Tarmac braking. I also live outside of town. Joined Dec 19, 2017 Messages 866 Location West Central WI. Both have good grip and traction and the steering is quite responsive. YONKERS, N.Y.—Michelin, General, Cooper and Goodyear brand tires secured the top ratings in Consumer Reports' tests of all-weather tires, according to the magazine.. The Michelin CrossClimate + retails at $171 and is sold in limited sizes by Tire Rack, according to CR. There are some good choices in 235/85 so its a tough choice! I can also tell you the General Grabber AT2s and Cooper At3 are great in every season, and the ST Maxx also has great reviews. YONKERS, N.Y.—Michelin, General, Cooper and Goodyear brand tires secured the top ratings in Consumer Reports' tests of all-weather tires, according to the magazine. See all Grabber A/T X tire sizes Write a Review So I ended up going with the Cooper ST Maxx due to side wall construction. Ran both on my Tacomas. The Cooper ST Maxx is a money tire, but due to the huge amount of highway miles I'd go with the Discoverer A/T3. The MAXX will probably be better as the tread blocks are smaller. Great tire, really great tire for trails, rocky/dirt roads! Anyone with experience running Cooper ST MAXX Tires in winter? Nothing but the best: AEV, Rancho, MetalCloak, Synergy, Reid Racing, Artec, Warn, Cooper. In 2018 experts of the another South African magazine SA4x4 made an alternate test of General Grabber A/T3 at the same size 265/65 R17 and compared with sixteen similar All Terrain tires.