The integrated sharpener is a joke. Over the years, the manufacturer has provided high-quality knives for all sorts of industries including the military and law enforcement. I use them for anything from cleaning fish to camp work. I'm especially interested in durability/reliability when not using a knife for cutting - say for example chipping through ice or prying open a can. Gerber Strongarm Review: Best budget tactical knife? Edge Angles - 20 Degrees, The most famous fixed blade knife design in the world. Ka-bar Straight Edge is a popular and one of the most expensive options. This Cro-Van steel knife has a 3.56” fixed blade and weighs 0.35 lb. ESEE gets the win on fixed knives. Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Navyblu, Jan 26, 2015. Being that I’m a Marine, the obvious choice is a Ka-Bar. All Trademarks and Copyrights belong to their respective owners. The TDI/Hinderer Hinderance knife is one of the models you can choose. What follows is my Gerber SrongArm Review: We all have that favorite thing, whatever it is. In the Strongarm, Gerber have pitched the size bang-on for an easily carried but still capable survival knife. This knife has an anti-slip handle and comes with a black oxide coating to reduce reflection and protect against corrosion. Nonetheless I have been wanting a plain edge LMF II and this is fairly close. We can't guarantee correctness and completeness of all the data presented here, and therefore will not accept liability for any issues arising from usage of this data. vs . The data presented is for information purposes only. Ka-Bar USMC is a very popular option at the top of the price range. It has a stainless steel hooked blade that measures 3.25” and its weight is just 0.20 lb. © WildernessToday. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "cja00-20";
Even if you didn't buy it from them/got it second hand. It is important to look at the knife options and prices from each of these manufacturers to find the one that will be better suited to you. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "cja00-20";
amzn_assoc_asins = "B00ILFN9AO,B000W8KTBA,B004NN7NAA,B004NMZZ6U";
. So Ka-Bar TDI tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than Gerber StrongArm, as seen on the chart below. Ka-Bar USMC . However, it's fairly safe to say that Gerber StrongArm is a more popular tactical knife, based on its 1,000+ reviews. However, it's fairly safe to say that Gerber StrongArm is a more popular tactical knife, based on its 1,000+ reviews. Applegate Combat Folder: You can also look forward to a good choice of folding knives from Gerber. How To Put Fishing Line On A Baitcasting Reel? Esee is great. Jun 11, 2017 #1. fivesense. Gerber is one of those competitors. Among the models that you can choose from is the Leather Handled Game Hook, which is a hunting knife with a modern twist. In operation since 1998, BladeForums.com has led the industry since Day 1. Weighing 0.25 lb., this is a lightweight knife with a drop-point style. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual";
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhaV53kFGFM, http://www.knifecenter.com/item/GB30001058N/gerber-strongarm-fixed-black-plain-blade-coyote-glass-filled-nylon-handles, (You must log in or sign up to reply here. I dont mind the steel, plus it is a USA made blade. Gerber also offers a lifetime warranty with its knives. Bear Grylls Compact Knife: This manufacturer offers a great choice of fixed-blade knives (like the prodigy) catering for a range of needs and pockets. Propel Auto: The Propel Auto is one of a number of different knife options in Gerber’s innovative automatic range. Benchmade VS Buck: Two Classic Knife Makers Go Head to Head, What is Full Tang? We don't have a summary for this product yet, but we're working on it. I love my Gerber strong arm, the handle in my opinion is the best grip on the market. It has a 3.4” full fine-edge blade that is partially serrated. If you are looking for a knife on a budget, Gerber fits the bill and has a number of quality knives. Gerber knives have a pretty crap reputation. I do sharpen it regularly, use gun oil (as I have a bunch around anyway) to clean it and keep it from rusting. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. It has a high carbon stainless steel blade of 4.48” and an overall length of 10.06”. ReviewFinder is reader-supported - if you click on a link on ReviewFinder and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no extra cost to you. ESEE is by far the best knife I've owned for what I put it through. The Gerber StrongArm is a great little knife, especially when you factor in a street price of around 50 bucks. WildernessToday.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Reviews from real customers who bought the product on Amazon. EESE is the clear winner by way of being the only competitor to show up. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0";
Innovation, reliability, and quality are all part and parcel of the Gerber range, and finding something to suit your needs should prove to be no problem. I was even more surprised at how sharp it was out of the box. We have some of the best gear recommendations, tactics, and insider advice on the interweb and the utmost respect for nature. amzn_assoc_title = "";
For reference, I take XL size gloves. One of the leading names in the survival knife industry is KA-BAR. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart";
It's in the top 3 bestselling tactical knives and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Spyderco Dragonfly 2 or Kershaw 1660CBBW . How about you, since you've used yours so much?
This is a lightweight product that is easy to maintain and use. I had the perception that Gender made quality knives, mostly from the name I guess... What do you recommend? So Ka-bar Straight Edge tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than Gerber StrongArm, as seen on the chart below. Comparing Gerber StrongArm and Ka-Bar USMC. amzn_assoc_region = "US";
If you do and you have a ESEE, they'll replace it with no questions if it breaks. In terms of pricing, Gerber does offer many of its high-quality knives at very competitive prices. I've got multiple ESEE knives including the 4. I did not like it at all. Thank you! You can access an excellent choice of high-specification knives in a range of categories from Gerber. amzn_assoc_linkid = "b52d97c44c380c1dc44bf2d706890fa7";
If you properly maintain and don’t beat them to shit any decent knife will fill your needs. The Bear Grylls Compact Fixed Blade is one of the products in this category. Just be careful of rust since it’s 1095. The Big Brother: In the all-purpose and utility knives category, you will have plenty of choice available. Gerber StrongArm Review – Final Thoughts. Look no further! Their warranty is amazing and I've beat the crap out of mine and it is still in amazing shape. I’m not a big fan of the EESE but I don’t have much experience so I can’t say anything bad either. The best budget brand is Mora. 194. I have the ESEE-5 for hunting and my everyday carry is ESEE-3MILS. Cookies help us deliver our Services. KA-BAR has been in the knife manufacturing industry for decades—in fact, the company was established in the late 1890s. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual";
The data presented is for information purposes only. I can dunk it in mud, sludge, and grease and still have a firm hold and I think that is one of the most important things in a survival situation. Gerber StrongArm 420 High Carbon Stainless Steel Fixed Blade Survival Tactical Knife with Molle Comp... Blade Detail: Plain Edge; Blade Length (inches): 7.00; Blade Material: Carbon Steel, Black; Carry System: Kydex Sheath; Handle Material: Kraton; Overall Length (inches): 11.75. However, it's fairly safe to say that Gerber StrongArm is a more popular tactical knife, based on its 1,000+ reviews. Gerber StrongArm . This website displays data from third party public sources. Gamestalker: KA-Bar manufactures rugged, solid and durable knives for hunting and outdoor use. Propel Downrange AO: This range comprises a variety of high-quality knives that can be used for a range of purposes. Between those two choices you offered, I'd prefer the ESEE. And Other Knife Buying Criteria, The Mighty Fallkniven A1 L Tactical Knife Review. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0";
Show listings Show reviews . Not sure when exactly the change started. Have you poked around at r/knives yet? The StrongArm is proudly stamped made in Portland, Oregon. I will probably pick one up eventually as long as it doesnt cost more than the $60ish dollar range and I also like the direction they are going toward more USA made stuff. The blade length is 3.5” and is made from 420HC Steel. Had a Gerber LMF II. In addition to these product categories, this manufacturer offers a range of different styles. Ontario, Condor, KA-BAR, and Morakniv are a couple other popular outdoor brands a little lower on the price scale than ESEE. With us, there’s no hiking trip too challenging to undertake and no game too sneaky or massive to take down. Gerber’s reputation was hit hard by imports of poorly made foreign knives, but they seem to be working hard to fix that reputation. (Well for most things). One of the leading names in the survival knife industry is KA-BAR. This website displays data from third party public sources.