You can find my Amazon influencer store here. The biggest challenge to getting around by wheelchair is the occasional cobblestone street, like around Versailles and some of the churches. With bustling crowds and plenty of steep steps, getting around London in your wheelchair might seem like an impossible task. London is a city with an absolutely fantastic public transport network, but the plethora of choice can be a bit overwhelming for the first time visitor. The easiest way to get accessible seats is to buy them from the theatre directly. The wheelchair was delivered exactly on time and we’ve been everywhere with it over the last two days…"Read More... "We will certainly recommend your services to others and use you again in the future…"Read More... © 2015 Sage Traveling. Today I have a guest post on a topic I know very little about – accessible travel. 5. Accessible side entrance to St. Paul’s Cathedral – The main entrance to St. Paul’s Cathedral has numerous steps to ascend (shown in the image below on the left). While the most popular route is between Westminster Bridge and the Tower Bridge, the ride is a relaxing way to see the city – consider taking the route that goes all the way to Greenwich and back. Wheelchair users in particular may have obstructed views of the Changing of the Guard. Getting around in London London Underground (Tube) All tube stations have an extra-wide entrance barrier so passengers in wheelchairs can get through. (shown in the image on the right). Here’s what you can expect from accessible London. Spread the museums out through your trip – London has more top-notch museums than any other city in Europe. Our next trip will definitely be through you..."Read More... "The Paris Accessibility Guide is the most valuable travel document I have ever encountered…"Read More... "We had a splendid time in Europe, thanks to all your planning. A side entrance on the south side of the building (shown below on the right) has a wheelchair lift to get up to the main floor. 10. Traveling with MJ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. In order to get as much out of your museum visits as possible, spread them out throughout your trip. London Accessible Travel – main page    Pros and Cons of London Disabled Access    13 Wheelchair Accessible Travel Tips for London England    9 Keys to Success for London Handicapped Travel    Tower of London Wheelchair Access    London Eye Wheelchair Accessibility    Stonehenge Disabled Access    Travel Insurance for Disabled Travelers    London Accessible Travel Packages Accessible Walking and Driving Tours in London    Highlights of London Accessible Driving Tour    Classic London Wheelchair Accessible Tour    Royal London Accessible Guided Tour    London Accessible Boat Cruise on the Thames River    Stonehenge & Hampton Court Accessible Driving Tour    Stonehenge & Windsor Castle Accessible Guided Tour    Stonehenge Accessible Tour by Train    Cambridge Accessible Tour from London    Oxford Accessible Tour from London    Highlights of Greenwich Accessible Tour London Accessibility Guide by John Sage London Trip Planning by Sage Traveling – Travel with Ease! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This website uses cookies for functional and analytical purposes. Thanks again for the wonderful trip! See instructions. While not every traveler is as carefree with planning their vacation, accessibility is no longer the barrier to travel that it once was. All Rights Reserved. The audioguide is cheap and essential to make the most of your National Gallery visit. You’ll likely have more energy in the morning than after a full-day of sightseeing. With a few tips and tricks, London becomes a very manageable city to visit with a disability. Pick up an audioguide at the National Gallery – Art museums are nearly always better with an expert to explain the significance of the paintings you are viewing. Use the Millennium Bridge – The Millennium Bridge is a walking bridge that connects St. Paul’s Cathedral on the north side of the Thames River with the Tate Modern Museum on the south side of the river. The #11 bus connects the three locations mentioned above plus Westminster Abbey. To get even a decent look at the Changing of the Guard, you’ll have to fight some very large crowds. Receive a €50 Accessible Travel Coupon for signing up.