2 medium eggs, lightly beaten Home improvements, Food & drink Put the tomatoes, passata and oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Jan 10, 2017 - Gino D'Acampo's light spicy meatballs are from his brilliant cookbook The I Diet. Wise Living Magazine may receive a small commission to help support the running of this site from purchases made from links on this page. “She also used to bake the meatballs before simmering them in the tomato sauce rather than frying them, as is often the case. ga('pacontentapi.set', 'dimension2', 'b80c1091-8eda-4ffe-82e7-a54cfd0c0e2b');
Simmer for 30 minutes, turning the meatballs occasionally. 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes Place the pork, beef, breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, Grana Padano and eggs in a large bowl. Carefully place the meatballs in the tomato sauce and partially cover the pan again. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns.

ga('create', 'UA-72310761-1', 'auto', {'name': 'pacontentapi'});
Always use fresh breadcrumbs rather than dried or toasted, or the meatballs will be tough and chewy.”. Meatballs make a delicious family meal and you're sure to love this recipe Add the tomatoes and some salt. Carefully place the meatballs in the tomato sauce and partially cover the pan again. “She also used to bake the meatballs before simmering them in the tomato sauce rather than frying them, as is often the case. Reduce the heat, partially cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. By using this site, you agree we can set and use cookies. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Mix with your hands until everything is thoroughly combined. 690ml jar of passata (sieved tomatoes) Helping you live a healthier and happier life, How to make Gino D’Acampo’s Mamma Alba’s meatballs, This is one family recipe you’ll want to adopt as your own. Mix well with your hands until thoroughly combined. Reduce the heat, partially cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with plain boiled rice or warm crusty bread. 5tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley Reduce the heat, partially cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, For the sauce: Place the balls on the baking sheet. Take the minced meat out of the fridge around 20 minutes before you cook the meatballs so they’re not cold in the middle. Travel Advice 10 fresh basil leaves, plus extra to garnish Gino’s traditional Italian meat dishes include the classics – lasagne, pappardelle with meatballs and tagliatelle with Bolognese as well as recipes that wouldn’t look out of place on any specials’ board like Gino’s famous Italian-style cheeseburgers – svizzerine di manzo con insalatina – and turkey saltimbocca with sage and Parma ham – saltimbocca di tacchino. Meatballs make a delicious family meal and you're sure to love this recipe To serve, scatter over a few basil leaves. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. How to make your own healthy ones at home, 9 foods you thought were definitely vegetarian – but aren’t, You’ve probably been cooking mashed potatoes wrong your whole life. We’re a vibrant, positive site that helps readers live a healthier and happier life. ga('pacontentapi.send', 'pageview', { 'location': location.href, 'page': (location.pathname + location.search + location.hash), 'title': 'How to make Gino D\u2019Acampo\u2019s Mamma Alba\u2019s meatballs'}); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Get FREE recipes directly to your inbox each week! Grease a large baking sheet with oil and set aside. What is kombucha and what are its health benefits? Grease a large baking sheet with oil and set aside. Please take time to read our cookie and privacy policy. Wise Living is a rapidly growing community and resource to help you live a healthier, wealthier and happier life. Stir in the chilli flakes, basil and some salt. Wise Living Magazine uses cookies to improve your experience. To serve, scatter over a few basil leaves. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. 10 ways to be more ethical with your money, 4 tips for building your financial resilience in tough times, 15 Christmas gifts for the home, all £30 and under, 5 uplifting celebrity memoirs to cheer you up, 16 of the best Christmas gifts for gardeners, How to clean your garden tools before putting them away for winter, How to tile a splashback and bring your kitchen and bathroom up to date, 7 ways to work safely with tradespeople during the pandemic, How to plan an extension – 10 things to consider before getting started. Heat the oil in a large, shallow saucepan or sauté pan over a medium heat. With six weeks until Christmas Eve, what better time to get ahead and make your Christmas cake, so it can mature and be delicious and boozy on the big day! Season with salt. What is skin mapping and how can it transform your skin, Try before you buy: 5 of the best virtual make-up tools, 5 ways to enhance your eyes while wearing a face mask, How to stop wearing makeup to benefit your skin, How to dye brown hair red: 5 things to consider, How to dye your hair red – expert tips and advice, How to know when to retire from work – retirement planning guide, Are your retirement savings still on track? These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
150g fresh white breadcrumbs We’re there to help you live life to the full, with advice and tips from household names and recognised experts in health, nutrition, wellbeing, money, homes, gardens and travel. Now add the wine and simmer for about 2 minutes until the alcohol has evaporated. ga('pacontentapi.set', 'referrer', location.origin);
I’ve used a combination of minced pork and beef, but if you prefer you can use minced lamb or ground chicken. Add the meatballs and fry gently for about 6 minutes until golden brown. 4. Travel destinations, Home & garden Place the balls on the baking sheet. What is Ayurvedic cooking and how could it help you lose weight? 2. 1/2tsp dried chilli flakes Fashion producer Amber has all the answers! Live healthy & happy! 5 key questions to consider, Coronavirus and your pension – what you need to know, 5 ways to boost your holiday let investment, 5 tips to help you grow your emergency savings pot. Love crisps? (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
Wise Living reaches affluent, switched-on over-40s looking to get the best holidays, financial products, food, health, home and gardens products and services. These cookies do not store any personal information.