“To like and dislike the same things, this is what makes a solid friendship.” – Gaius Sallustius Crispus, 89. I believe in God, because he is the only thing that kept me going. Oscar Wilde (more Oscar Wilde quotes) The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. They are my children’s godparents, the people to whom I’ve been able to turn in times of trouble, friends who have been kind enough not to sue me when I’ve used their names for Death Eaters. We may share experiences, make jokes, paint pictures, and describe humiliations that mean nothing to men, but women understand. And then that’s just not true.” — Salon, November 2010, 7. ", The 10 Most Expensive Guitars in the World, The 10 Most Expensive Laptops in the World, 50 Lionel Messi Quotes About Soccer, Work & Success, Your email address will not be published. “Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow, “Friendship ... is born at the moment when one man says to another "What! Having good friends is proven by science to be a great thing. Dan has been running Wealthy Gorilla and studying self-development, personal finance and investment for the last 7 years, whilst traveling the world and being able to call Bali, Indonesia, his HQ. “The most beautiful discovery true friends can make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” – Elizabeth Foley, 53. Emma Watson“I still have friends from primary school. They know. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.” – Unknown, 52. It just is.” —Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?, September 2012, 16. “Since there is nothing so well worth having as friends, never lose a chance to make them.” – Francesco Guicciardini, 62. Dysfunctional patterns set in; external situations cause internal friction; you grow apart and then bounce back together.” – Mariella Frostrup, 37. Best friend: someone you can only stay mad at for so long because you have important things to talk about. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. You can’t have too many friends because then you’re just not really friends.” – Truman Capote, 61. “Keep away from those who try to belittle your ambitions. I thought I was the only one. We go under, even if we haven’t seen each other for years. Let’s make some stupid decisions together. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” – Audrey Hepburn, 58. “The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when someone asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” – Henry David Thoreau, 20. 12. I was interested in why that was, why it’s not possible for a woman to see her friend living differently and just think, Oh, she lives differently.” —PBS NewsHour, October 2012, 4. We cannot force it any more than love.” – William Hazlitt, 48. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” – Albert Schweitzer, 63. I like to remember that Carrie and the other women in Sex and the City were really nice to each other … [Carrie] was a really good friend. 'That in itself is a tremendous thing.”, “What is a friend? “A good friend knows all your stories. Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival. Someone who would always love you – the imperfect you, the confused you, the wrong you – because that is what people are supposed to do. We’ve compiled a list of top 80 inspiring quotes (with pictures) on this topic. Friends are the ones you can fart and burp around without excuse. Maybe they’re not even particularly deep, in the grand scheme of things, but they’re things that matter to us. A friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you even when you are fooling everyone else. We got that Monica and Rachel kind of thing, 10. And the ones who say they will always be there, were never really there.” – Unknown, 70. There’s no way a man can understand you like a woman, and you’re a guy’s girl because you’re threatened by other women.’ I was like that. As on of our favorite best friend quotes goes: ‘Friends make you smile — best friends make you laugh until you wet your pants.’. Every tall person needs a short best friend. But, sometimes, you lose sight of the girls that are there for you, all the time, which we shouldn’t hold against any of our friends. “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, 13. A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” – Friedrich Nietzsche, 67. In business, though, you have to think rationally.” – Steven Pinker, 53. J.K. Rowling“The friends with whom I sat on graduation day have been my friends for life. There is a time for silence. “The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.” – Hubert H. Humphrey, 2. Claire Danes“I do think that women need each other in a way that men might not need each other. But that’s because I felt special around men, and with a woman I can really be put in my place, and I’m on the same level as them. “Sitting silently beside a friend who is hurting may be the best gift we can give.”, 45. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. At our graduation we were bound by enormous affection, by our shared experience of a time that could never come again, and, of course, by the knowledge that we held certain photographic evidence that would be exceptionally valuable if any of us ran for prime minister.” —Harvard Commencement, 2008, 8. “Sitting silently beside a friend who is hurting may be the best gift we can give.” – Unknown, 76. Your friends should motivate and inspire you. This article is for everyone out there who either has a best friend or is still looking for one. Like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly, on the heart.” – Washington Irving, 62. Lisa See “I have a friend that I’ve known since high school, and when you have a real close friendship like that … this is someone who has, in a sense, known you your whole life … When you have those kinds of relationships that go back that far, these are people who knew you before you’ve become a fully formed person. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. You too? I don’t want to make any gross claims, but we do have a kind of intimacy. The biggest ingredient in a best friend is someone whose actions you respect and who you can truly be yourself around. Our goal is to provide our readers with the comprehensive lists of quotes on love, life, relationship. “A true friend is the only person who never gets tired of listening to our own pointless dramas over and over again.” – Unknown, 60. A true best friend loves you even when it seems like you’ve gone off the deep end. There are hormones that are released from women to other women that are healthy and do away with the stress hormones … It’s my women friends that keep starch in my spine and without them, I don’t know where I would be. “There are no rules for friendship. “A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. It’s not something you learn in school. “Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.” – Euripides, 85. They will always be honest and stand by your side no matter what. I love the friends that you don’t see for days. Your circle should be well rounded and supportive. True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable. '” – Cookie Monster, 56. It gets harder the older you get, as you make different life choices, as people say in America. Behold, a naked ode to Mary Wollstonecraft, featuring flat abs and a topiary bush. It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.”, “You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” – Henry Ford, 5. In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. 16. Old Friends Quotes. Bury the carcass of friendship: it is not worth embalming.” – William Hazlitt, 21. “There is magic in long-distance friendships. The fallout from the infamous “Zoom dick incident” continues apace. To honor those relationships we’ve assembled the top 90 best friend quotes for you to share with the people you hold most dear. Quote Ambition is your source for quotes. “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have.” – Irish Proverb, 21. “People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.” – Joseph F. Newton, 6. “A friend is what the heart needs all the time.” – Henry Van Dyke, 80. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.” – Tony Robbins, 73. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey, 8. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare, 60.