I need to use fresh garlic and lemon juice next time. A new season of Cook's Country airs Saturdays beginning September 12 at 12:00 pm. This was perfect on the grill. However, to be safe…keep it at a week. Thanks for the 5-star rating! I had the majoram on hand that I needed to use. Transfer chicken to bowl with marinade and turn to thoroughly coat, making sure marinade gets into slits. Try whipping the ingredients first and then adding them slowly to the yogurt. Is there a substitute for Greek yogurt? Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Remember they wont be as crispy and you’ll need to watch them to make sure they don’t dry out. We made it in the Greek Chicken Gyro Salad and it was phenomenal. So many yummy flavors going on! Your email address will not be published. Thank you for the 5-star rating Cat! If you are running short on time you can also foil over top these oven roasted chicken thighs and bake them until the internal temperature reaches 25-35 minutes. I absolutely love this receipt however I am wanting to know the nutritional information. I also find that this marinade tastes especially great when the meat is grilled. Perfect marinade. Preheat your outdoor grill to medium heat (350-400 degrees F). I chopped up the chicken and we put into warm pita bread with tzaziki, tomatoes, lettuce and a little feta cheese. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. The chicken is adequately flavored in just 15 minutes. If you are using boneless chicken thighs or bone in. Use any chicken cut you like, I've used thighs, and breasts both with skin on/off. prep right now can’t wait to try this recipe. EASY, MODERN MEALS YOUR FAMILY WILL WANT TO EAT. . In a medium sized bowl combine the yogourt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Should it be refrigerated? My husband, kids, and guests loved the marinade! Also way better if it marinated overnight. This Greek chicken recipe from Cook's Country may be inspired by a restaurant in Alabama, but it could also be said to approximate a legendary chicken dish closer to home: the lemony, herbed chicken Kalamata from Lincoln Park's Athenian Room. But SOS please help me figure out how to make this marinade into a cream sauce because the flavors are bomb. I used boneless skinless thighs and didn’t add quite as much lemon as the recipe called for because I only had two large lemons. Make a sandwich with these chicken thighs. Glad it worked well. Copyright ©2020, Easy Peasy Meals. 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil Greek yogurt really made a difference. Made this when we we’re camping, we didn’t have salt and pepper on hand but it tasted lovely, so simple! I love it with green salad and rolls! Whether it’s vinegar, wine, or a citrus juice like lemon or lime juice, acid helps break down the connective tissue in meats, and creates a more tender bite. Because chicken legs come from the same part of the bird its the same as cooking with just the thighs, except maybe with a little extra kick…. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I'm always on the hunt for chicken thigh recipes and this one is fantastic! Not sure how 2 chicken breasts can feed 4 people? It started with this cheese stuffed bacon wrapped chicken thigh recipe, but the herbed Instant Pot chicken thighs with mushrooms have become another great choice that is delicious and easy to make. It’s easy and it’ll definitely be in rotation! It was a big hit with the whole family! Cover your … Using the blender gave a more even coating of spices (especially the chili flakes). I can’t even explain how good it taste. We absolutely love this recipe and usually grill it which is amazing, but I am taking to my parent’s place where grilling is not an option. These chicken thighs are juicy and perfect! I will still use the sour cream since I never have greek yogurt, but always can use sour cream in the house. Ingredients. What happens to the other 3 lemons? If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Can I bake this in the oven if I do not have access to a grill? We won't send you spam. This marinade is made up of amazing Greek inspired herbs and spice, lemon, olive oil, etc. Serve with lemon wedges. I squeezed all the lemons (I love my SMEG juicer) and then realized later I was supposed to only squeeze one and slice the other three for topping…soooo…I decided “oh well, I guess I’ll make fresh lemonade too,” but needed more juice to make the simple syrup but didn’t have enough lemons…so I sliced only one of the remaining lemons grabbed an orange for other slices (1 lemon and 1 orange sliced for the grilling part) juiced some of the orange to my lemonade mixture. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. When bakeing do you leave it in all the marinade? But! The good news is chicken thighs have more natural moisture than breasts, and are harder to ruin. If you want to see more chicken recipes, look at these! So juicy and flavorful. I made this recipe and your Greek Salad recipe last night and served it with homemade focaccia bread topped with cherry tomatoes from my garden (which was also used in the salad. Make 2 slashes on the skin side down to the bone in the thigh section and 1 in the leg section of each leg quarter. I am hardly a good cook and every time I make this chicken( which is once a week) it comes out tender and flavorful. Just remember, check that internal temperature for a perfectly juicy and delicious chicken dinner! A fun twist on our usual. Combine oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic, lemon zest, salt, oregano, coriander, pepper flakes, and pepper in large bowl. Marinating proteins in ingredients with an edge of acid like yogurt and buttermilk has been done in many types of ethnic cooking for centuries. I add a pinch cinnamon and pinch coriander sometimes to change it up. In recent years, I have fallen in love with chicken thighs. Your email address will not be published. I have made this recipe at least two dozen times now and everyone loves it. Info. 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 large breasts) ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt. Add the Greek yogurt and olive oil to a medium size bowl. Adjust oven rack to be 6 inches from broiler element and heat oven to 425 degrees. It is a lower time at a lower temperature, but the foil helps to trap the heat, and leads to a faster cooking, but they won’t brown. Are they grilled or put into the marinade? To make sure the marinade penetrated past the surface of the chicken, we cut 1/2-inch-deep slashes in each piece. 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. This chicken is delicious...I wouldn't change a thing in the marinade.