You don’t want your loukoumades to become mushy and less crunchy on the outside. Your email address will not be published. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Last but not least, Greek-style honey cake is a sort of basic staple all over Greece. Loukoumades are little bite-sized fluffy sweet honey balls (the Greek version of donuts), which are deep fried to golden and crispy perfection. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Greek donuts (loukoumades) are traditionally served soaked in hot honey syrup, sprinkled with cinnamon and garnished with chopped walnuts or toasted sesame seeds. I brought this to a Greek themed dinner. The trick to making them round is using a very small mechanical melon baller – it’s built the same as a mechanical ice cream scooper, but smaller. My parents and I just returned from a trip to Greece so I decided to do a Greek dinner; my parents loved it. I'm a tough grader -especially on desserts -but this was very good. Greek Yogurt with Honey and Walnuts recipe (Yiaourti me meli) A delicious Greek Yogurt with Honey recipe, drizzled with walnuts, infused with vanilla essence and sprinkled with fragrant cinnamon! I've made this cake on several occasions and it was a hit each time. If you are having a sweet tooth but looking for something more nutritious than your usual desserts this 2 minute no bake dessert will amaze you. This Greek Pound Cake recipe gives us one more reason to love Greek yogurt. In the mixers bowl add the water and yeast. Pour honey syrup over the cake. I wouldn’t advise making it in advance, they won’t get soggy but they won’t be as crispy. Set aside. Your email address will not be published. I love this easy to make cake that I found here on this website. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Simmer for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously, until the sugar has dissolved. For the Honey Syrup: In a saucepan, combine honey, 1 cup sugar and water. Stir in lemon juice, bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Give this traditional Greek loukoumades recipe (lukumades) a try and enjoy with a full spoon of vanilla ice cream on top! this third time making this I decided to use honey instead of the sugar in the cake itself since the name is Honey Cake, not granulated sugar cake... it was so moist from this that I didn't need to add the milk. This one is a keeper! Hope everyone enjoyed them! Repeat with the rest of the dough. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). For the Honey Syrup: In a saucepan, combine honey, 1 cup sugar and water. Kataifi is a traditional Greek dessert filled with nuts and covered in a honey syrup. Stir in lemon juice, bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Authentic, traditional, locally sourced Greek recipes and nutritional advice. Dip a tablespoon in some water and spoon out some of the dough into the hot oil. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Loukoumades are little fluffy sweet honey balls, deep fried to golden and crispy perfection. I added lemon zest instead of orange. I make them on the day I would like to have them and they tend to keep fresh for another day. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Also we thought it was better once cooled and great the next day. These turned out great, everyone loved these.. sharing my version on my blog. I used Fleishmann’s Yeast (in the triple pack) and each pack is 1/4oz – so I used two packs, which was 4.5tsp of yeast. Also try not to put them in the fridge as they will harden up. I just ate 4 pieces!! What better compliment? From what I remember, a teaspoon of instant yeast is about 2 grams so this recipe would be about 7 tea spoons. Loukoumades are little bite-sized fluffy sweet honey balls (the Greek version of donuts), which are deep fried to golden and crispy perfection. I typically use about half of what is prepared. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Pour the warm chocolate over the loukoumades, sprinkle with some roughly chopped walnuts or almonds and enjoy. Thekitchn.com. Simply irresistable! Test if the oil is hot enough by dipping in some of the dough for the loukoumades. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Greek donuts (loukoumades) are traditionally served soaked in … Keywords: loukoumades, greek donuts, greek honey balls. The very best traditional Loukoumades recipe (Greek donuts)! Thanks. It was abig hit and easy to make. For the Honey Syrup: In a saucepan, combine honey, 1 cup sugar and water. Stir in the walnuts. 1 cup of all purpose flour is about 4.4 ounces. ***** This is an update!! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Diples. 3.25 cups of all purpose flour is actually 14.3 ounces, so 16 oz is a little too much flour, but you’ll never know the difference in this recipe.