Cut in half. Instead of putting it into the oven, cover it with plastic wrap and tinfoil. Classic chicken enchiladas in casserole form! Delicious!! It was delicious! FOLLOW Noble Pig ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER to keep up with all our latest recipes. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil and heat over medium-high heat. Grease all sides of an 8x8 paking pan. Welcome It was just the comfort food I was craving! This green chicken enchilada casserole recipe is swimmingly easy with rotisserie chicken but if you don’t have it on hand and need this enchilada casserole NOW, you can easily make your own shredded chicken. Required fields are marked *. I had a few problems with this recipe. When you want to REHEAT it, put it in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes. I seasoned the chicken with garlic salt as instructed. 3.) If you have any leftover enchilada casserole, keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Step seven: Alternate with corn tortillas, creamy chicken mixture, shredded cheese and repeat for three layers ending with cheese. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Now that we’ve layered the bottom of the dish with plain sauce, stir in in chicken and beans. I make this for parties and friends. Remove foil and bake an additional 15-20 more minutes, until the cheese is melted and heated through. 5.) Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of an 11x17-inch casserole dish. With metal tongs, char each tortilla half over the open flame of a gas stove burner for about 1 minute, until lightly puffed. I love how easy this was to make! I’m the mom of six stinkin’ cute kids and the wife to my smokin’ hot hubby, Lo. Repeat the layers again and cover the dish with tin foil. Cut in half. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). I loved the corn bell pepper and beans with the chicken to add more texture. Add additional chicken broth or water if the liquid absorbs before the chicken is cooked through. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Add onion and sauté 3 minutes. Great recipe. Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole, a quick and easy homemade dinner your family is going to request over and over again. When ready to cook, bake according to recipe directions, increasing the baking time (with the foil on) by approximately 10 minutes or until the casserole is hot and bubbly and completely heated through. I made this with canned whole green chili's and Mexican white cheese. White rice, homemade Spanish rice, or cilantro lime rice are great options. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Required fields are marked *, By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with Noble Pig. https://www.hotrodsrecipes.com/green-chili-chicken-enchilada-casserole