Calories: 740 Calories: 340 On a scale of 1 to 10, this chocolate cake is about a HOLY-FLYING-MONKEYS MOIST AND TENDER CAKE ALERT. Gently place the whipped egg whites into the bowl with the cake batter and GENTLY fold them into the batter until no white streaks remain. Learn how your comment data is processed. A gooey coconut pecan filling that’s as good as the original. The coconut pecan filling may look intimidating, but it is actually super easy to make – and fast too! Place the other cake on top of the icing and remove the liner. A challenge gone BEAST MODE, if you will. Enjoy! Cook's Country Magazine featured a Reduced-Fat German Chocolate Cake. New recipes posted each week! Find more useful information here. You are my favorite person ever. You can see how I made this cake, along with some baking tips at: http://foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com/2010/01/guilt-free-german-chocolate-cake-that.html, Servings 12 Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! The pecans take about 8-10 mins. No BUTTER OR OIL even need apply guys. For the buttercream frosting, I used a homemade paleo powdered sugar. … The symptoms of anxiety can be hard to detect. happy Friday girl!!! You would never guess that this decadent German Chocolate Cake oatmeal is good for you! Melt the chocolate with boiling water; in large mixing bowl mix butter and sugar until light. We made 2-9” layers, they were thin layers. Now, just in case you’re still wondering about the believe-ability of a recipe re-creation from yours truly, who had never eaten such a cake in her life, I sent this cake up to Canada for my german Grandma and my aunt/baker EXTRAORDIANRE to make SURE that it had that REAL DEAL taste. How To Make a German chocolate cake? 0 . SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! This rich Paleo German Chocolate Cake has a classic coconut pecan filling between tender grain free chocolate cake layers, and is topped with a dairy-free, refined sugar free chocolate frosting. If there is one, I don’t know as the recipe was not developed any other way. Just did a practice run for my son’s birthday. It wa a big hit. Place the mashed avocado into a small food processor, mine is 3 cups, and blend it until it's really creamy and smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. I actually never had German Chocolate Cake until last summer (thank goodness I did because it’s amazing!). **I bought canned coconut cream and used that. Obsessed with cookie dough, pink & leopard print. You have entered an incorrect email address! This recipe will make enough filling for a 2-3 layer cake. The recipe makes plenty of icing for three layers. Increase speed to medium and beat until mixture … Are you a faith filled woman who wants to find her best weight without restrictive diets? You may be able to use cornstarch but recipes are only tested as written, so I can’t make any promises. Component : Cake : 3 cups flour. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 9-inch square pans or 3 8-inch round pans. *as per always, PLEASE weigh your coconut flour. The coconut only takes 3-4 minutes, so watch it closely. With electric mixer on medium-low speed, beat butter, sugars, and salt until combined. Grease two 9″ round baking pans or one 9X13 baking pan. Opt for egg whites instead of whole eggs, oil for most of the butter, and fat-free evaporated milk to cut about 20 grams of fat and 200 calories from That helps faith-filled women lose what weighs them down! It was only the magical happy dance of a recipe WIN. Mix sugar and butter in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Home Recipes German Chocolate Cake. Could you use an egg substitute to make this delicious looking cake vegan? But, if you’re not feeling the frosting, and want MOOOOORE chocolate, you could also try using this paleo chocolate frosting from Texanerin! Top the filling with the third layer, top side up, and frost the top with buttercream. The frosting can be kept the same, and it will need about 30 minutes at room temperature to return to a spreadable consistency. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Beat in eggs yolk, one at a time. I decided to give this recipe a try because I was impressed with the calorie and fat reduction: