We sampled these tasty cocktails at La Gintoneria in San Sebastian and Bobby Gin in Barcelona, where Gin and Tonics are taken very seriously. Various fruits, bitters, spices and liqueurs can be added to create unique and delicious drinks. Borage leaves has a cucumber flavour. There are a lot of dessert pairings that would work with a Lavender Gin & Tonic, including ice cream, creme brulee, custards and panna cottas. Large hunks of ice are important for super chilling a Gin and Tonic and not diluting the cocktail. Fresh herbs are the best way to add intriguing flavor to cocktails! It’s sweet tart, zing … Last Updated on May 30, 2020 by The ‘Noms. I'm confused by the instructions for this one. That’s where I got my rose petals. Unlike many lavender drinks, it’s not too strong (nothing like Grandma’s soap!). Together we have created a website devoted to providing flavorful, nutritious meals to share with family and friends. Alex and I have been making a string of lavender drinks, and this one is at the top of the list. Check out my recipe for Watermelon, Strawberries Tomatoes with Burrata. All Content Copyright The Gastronom 2012-2020 All Rights Reserved Other use permitted only with expressly written permission. I am not sure what you mean. This is just a beautiful cocktail! Let's Make (Hendrick's Style) Gin!! By making a custom simple syrup with the fresh herb. Well technically the Dutch Genever was first but the English couldn't really mimic it and it's a long (but interesting) history you can check out yourself if you want to geek out on it. We like these sphere ice molds as well as these 2" square ice cube molds. Fresh squeezed lemon juice brings a tart component that works really well with gin, making the Lavender … I would substitute peaches, plums and cherries for the watermelon and tomatoes and skip the basil and I think you would have a great dish to serve with a Lavender Gin and Tonic. I look forward to trying any liquor Robert Cooper was behind. To highlight the floral notes, opt for a new-world style like Hendrick’s or The Botanist. The original Bee's Knees does have a honey simple syrup, so you are on the right track with that. Where in the world do you get ingredients such as rose petals? Good luck! A Spanish-style fusion Gin and Tonic that pairs Scottish Hendrick's gin with French St. Germain Elderflower liqueur, lavender and orange bitters. A great Gin and Tonic should be served in an oversized glass. Meet the delightfully peculiar Hendrick’s Gin - a most unusual premium gin distilled in Scotland with curious, yet marvellous, infusions of cucumber & rose. You thought that lemon, cotton candy, and marshmallow fluff flavored vodka were first? Did you make this project? water, ice, agave nectar, blackberries, sanding sugar, Hendricks Gin and 2 more Straight to the Melon The Taste San Francisco watermelon puree, salt, basil, syrup, lemon juice, Hendricks Gin I have no idea how to pair a Gin Tonic. St. Germain is a delicious French liqueur made from handpicked elderflowers. 2 years ago It was like that pale yellow color from the pics in the measuring cup. Unfortunately, no. You can find it online or health food stores. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Here’s an herbal, sweet tart cocktail that’s a new favorite around here: this Lavender Gin Cocktail!It’s a spin on the classic Tom Collins starring this fresh herb. We like these Nachtmann Vivendi pinot noir glasses that are similar to the glasses used at Gintoneria in San Sebastian. In 2009 Robert Cooper revived a 100+ year old American violet and berry liqueur called Creme Yvette, which is now also made in France. The original HENDRICK'S GIN, oddly infused with Rose and Cucumber. Hendrick's … St Germaine isn’t French: it was created in 2007 by Bob Cooper in NYC. Great presentation and wow, so detailed. St. Germain bottles are labeled “Product of France” and the brand is now owned by Bacardi, whose headquarters are in the Bahamas. We love the flavors in this classic gin cocktail, light and herbal with the lavender, perfectly citrusy with the lemon! Midsummer Solstice. Add the gin, syrup and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker with 4 ice cubes. Honey is listed in the ingredients for the simple syrup. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. The longer the lavender sits in the gin, the stronger the taste and smell. Learn how your comment data is processed. I wanted a slightly more floral-ness to the DIY gin and so I added the chamomile, dandelion, and red clover. A Spanish-style fusion Gin and Tonic that pairs Scottish Hendrick's gin with French St. Germain Elderflower liqueur, lavender and orange bitters. It was to add an overwhelming sweetness to hide the questionable flavors of the bathtub gin that was common in the 1920’s. Hi, we are Jay and Leah, a couple who love to share our love of cocktails, great food, restaurants and spirited travel! The longer the lavender sits in the gin, the stronger the taste and smell. We have enjoyed using lavender in some of our previous cocktails like the Brandy and Blackberry Lavender Shrub. Is a deeply floral and richly aromatic limited release by master distiller Ms. Lesley Gracie. I went in succession to strain my gin: wire mesh strainer, strainer with a wet piece of cheese cloth, coffee/chemex filter. Nope. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram. Here’s what to know about making a lavender cocktail. Rub the rim of the glass with the zest and put it into the glass. A lavender twist on the classic bee's knees cocktail, with gin and honey.