I’ve made this as cupcakes and topped them with Fresh Strawberry Frosting. I’ve made bundt cakes and simply poured the warm frosting over the cake. They may not be accurate depending on what brands you use or modifications you might make to the recipe. This chocolate cake recipe is similar to my Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting in that it’s a basic recipe that everyone needs in their collection. Bake the bundt cake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. It’s one of our favorites and I can’t wait to hear what you think of it after you make it for the first time. Baking is huge passion of mine and any opportunity I am able to bake with my kids is a cherished time in my life. TY again! Can’t wait to give it a try. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan, two 9-inch round baking pans or one 13x9x2-inch baking pan. 6 Comments. It turned out beautifully the very first time and I have made this cake many more times since then. Frost. Your email address will not be published. Heat oven to 350 degrees.... flour 12 cup bundt pan. © 2020 Chef in Training. Slowly pour in the boiling water and continue stirring to combine. I did it the way it said. Cool completely. Bake 50 to 55 minutes. Enjoy! A little secret my mom taught me- if you want an EXTRA moist cake, after the cake has cooled completely, wrap the cake completely in plastic wrap and let it sit like that for a few hours until you are ready to frost. Place 14 HERSHEY’S KISSES Chocolates in a circle evenly over the top of batter and bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes, until done and when cake springs back to the touch. Make this one bowl cake over and over again and have fun experimenting with different toppings. And if you didn’t get to experience this deliciously perfect chocolate cake as a kid, now’s your time. All rights reserved. I'm from Australia, what can I use instead of Hershey's chocolate which is not available here. I’ve tried so many chocolate cake recipes over the years, and this chocolate cake is the best tasting one. Now I am going to try these as cupcakes! It was amazing. This Hershey's filled vanilla bundt cake recipe is moist and delicious and always a crowd-pleaser. What size bundt pan did you use? Leave it wrapped until ready to frost :), I made it and boy was it delicious! The entire family loved it. The batter should be very thin and watery. Heat oven to 350°F. It has been my go-to recipe for so many years. This easy swirled Hershey Bundt Cake has a chocolate buttermilk glaze frosting. The one I have looks smaller than yours and I want to make sure the batter doesn't overflow.. thanks. And your tip of wrapping it in plastic wrap really works. Oh, it looks so delicious. Add the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla and beat with a mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Cool on a wire cooling rack. We never share your information with third parties and will protect it in accordance with our, Recipe adapted from and with thanks to Hershey’s Cocoa, Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Directions. I’ve made a layer cake filled with the strawberry frosting, a layer of berries and then topped with the chocolate frosting. The cake is sturdy enough to hold together in layers, as cupcakes or to slice as a bundt cake. Whisk the powdered sugar and cocoa together, then whisk in the milk … That said, this cake is an amazing vehicle for all kinds of frostings. Can I use a vanilla buttercream frosting with this? The original version of this recipe has been on the side of the Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa box for decades so chances are you grew up eating this cake or something close to it. (2) 9″ rounds will bake in 30-35 minutes and cupcakes will bake in 22-24 minutes. What size cakemix? This easy swirled Hershey Bundt Cake has a chocolate buttermilk glaze frosting. Add the milk slowly to get that perfect consistency that you love. Chocolate has always been my go-to treat and the silkiness of HERSHEY’S KISSES Chocolates milk chocolate really hits the spot!