Hershey’s Chocolate Cake is truly the most versatile and easiest perfect one-bowl chocolate cake recipe I have ever made. (Chips may also be melted in pan over warm water). I have recently tried making a chocolate and cream cake at home. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. We have updated it using Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa or a mix of the two and a rounded teaspoon of expresso powder. Still moist but not as beautifully light as the original. The only difference is her recipe calls for 2/3 cup of butter. Blend just until combined. Remove from heat and pour the cream over the chocolate. thanks. weekly recipe ideas, juicy pics, free delivery. As long as I can remember, I’ve seen the well-known chocolate cake recipe on the side of the Hershey’s cocoa box and I’ve made it countless times. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes. For an extra flavorful chocolate cake, use hot coffee in place of the hot water. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, sour cream, milk, and vanilla. Baker by Nature | Privacy Policy. My only issue is that I can't make 1 1/2 times the cake, because of everything being in 3rds:). Directions: Melt toge... Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate Cake is one of my favorite chocolate cake recipes. On a whim, I decided to try making a gluten-free version of the Hershey’s Cake a few years ago. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans. Beat to spreading consistency. i find cup measures too complicating. This recipe sounds very,very good. thanks. Resume stirring until mixture is smooth and glossy. https://www.epicurious.com/.../hersheys-perfectly-chocolate-chocolate-cake http://www.cakengifts.in/cake-delivery-in-gurgaon, The best chocolate cake I’ve ever tried.moist,rich and chocolaty.thank you for the recipe. It’s ready when a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. For many home bakers, the back-of-the-box formula has become a go-to for birthdays, anniversaries, and everything in-between. Spray a 9" cake pan with non-stick baking spray, set aside. Stir to combine, then set aside for 2 minutes. Your batter will be dark, thin, and velvety. if anyone has suggestions or the same experience please shoot me an email at [email protected]. For a Bundt cake, bake 50 to 55 minutes. Preheat oven to 350. 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour 220 grams. Sift the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt). Add alternately with water to butter mixture. it's very, very thin. Heat oven to 350°F. Just converted the major ingredients to grams, hopefully it helps. Don’t over bake! You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. The crumb is always perfect and moist. https://www.recipeoftoday.com/2019/06/hersheys-chocolate-cake.html For a 13×9 inch cake, bake 35 to 40 minutes. While I tend to jump from one recipe to another trying different chocolate cakes, this is one I routinely fall back on when I need something tried-and-true. Thank You,Angelique, looks and sounds great....but can u please convert the recipe to grams. Frosting: Melt butter, then put it in the bowl of a stand mixer. Single Layer Chocolate Cake Recipe. 1 and 1/4 cups (150 grams) all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup (43 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 cup (106 grams) light brown sugar, packed, 1/3 cup (74 grams) freshly brewed coffee or freshly boiled water, 1 cup (170 grams) high-quality semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped, Shaved chocolate, for decoration (optional), Fresh raspberries, for decoration (optional). Let cool completely, then make the frosting. Place cake pan on a cooling rack and be sure to cool for at least 30 minutes in the pan, before removing and cooling on the rack completely. The dump and level method used by so many 'TV' bakers yields a denser cake. Being an old recipe, one measures the flour by loosening it first, spooning it into the measuring cups and leveling it off. does anyone else have "chocolate water" after adding all the water? Let cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. In a small saucepan, over medium-heat, warm the cream just until it comes to a simmer. This recipe is really versatile and can be used to make: One 9-inch 2-layer cake, One 8-inch 3-layer cake, One 13×9-inch sheet cake, One bundt cake, or; 30 cupcakes; Seriously!