I have found that 1.5 to 2.0 HP engines have just enough power to turn till the freeze hardens up, at which point the engine dies and the ice cream is ready to serve. -- Steve, Thanks for the info! It starts with a 3.25 inch pulley on the 220 RPM engine to a 10.5" pulley on a jack-shaft with a 2" pulley running with it on the same shaft, then going from the 2" pulley to a 12" pulley on another jack-shaft, to a 2.5" chain drive gear, then to the 4 rotisserie spools with 5" gears. -- Allen, I just completed a hit n miss chicken rotisserie capable of 50 chickens. Prices vary according to which motor and freezer combination. I don't know the RPM but its slow. Now I will have to look for a throttle governed engine if I plan to do this as that is the consensus of the respondents. I recently changed the wheels to a larger set as the pictures show. “We’ve been building ice cream carts equipped with John Deere hit and miss engines for about 15 years, but just started offering the kit last year,” says Henry Schlabach. Order by Phone 800-834-9665, SUBSCRIBE months[10]="October"; Hit and Miss Ice Cream Churn H & M and Ice cream Churn Can some one tell me if the ice cream churns hooked to the hit & miss engines were made for those engines or is it a conversion of some sort. Excellent clearance under axle. Use your prize engine to make ice cream for profit or fund raisers. 1-800-834-9665, FARM SHOW Magazine I also would have to agree that a throttler would be more suited for the ice cream maker as when the ice cream stiffens there's quite a heavy load on the little ice cream maker gears. As the freeze begins the engine comes under load and fires more often, smoothing the power pulses. When you mount the freezer to the skid, use long hook bolts or a dual ring clamp type set up so that the freezer can be removed, put a large diameter pulley or sprocket where the crank used to be mounted, securing it with a shear pin is a good idea (and cheaper than a new gear head.) months[9]="September"; 2 Quart Country Freezer Ice Cream Churn Price:$259.00 . months[2]="February"; I recommend using a countershaft even if you are mounting it with the engine on a cart for 3 reasons, (1) it allows a second reduction, (2) it allows you to make a light drive for the freezer and still use the gas engine's original drive pulley. US made Ice Cream Freezer with antique John Deere Hit And Miss Engines. Putting a shear coupling on the countershaft is cheap insurance too. Copyright © 2000 - 2008 by Harry Matthews Prices vary according to which motor and freezer combination. I have not seen one started up from the beginning, but would imagine they don't start out under load, thus it would make a more interesting display as they change from the intermittent firing, to the regular firing as the ice cream starts to firm up. You can save money if you use your own engine and cart. SHOP our STORE There is little resistance when you start mixing. It will be July before I can get to a show an possibly see a setup such as I am asking about. Click here for some great close-up pictures of our Hit and Miss Units! -- Alvin, All the ones I’ve seen were White Mountain Freezers adapted for H&M. I completely restored the 1 1/2 hp John Deere engine, constructed the cart, and as a final project the engine runs the 20 qt. Country Freezer ice cream machine.”, All use is subject to our TERMS OF SERVICE I have had no problem with this governing system. P.O. An idler gear is used to reverse the rotation. John Deere ice cream makers, churns,freezers and machines.\n20 quart ice cream makers and parts ... 20 Quart Ice Cream Maker Hit & Miss Kit/Parts Price:$2,049.00 . If you use v belts a tensioner with a light spring will allow the belt to slip as the ice cream sets up. on the chicken ... oooooooo... that's good chicken! var lmonth=months[time.getMonth() + 1]; Not being able to decide what to buy, I turned to my machinery and piles of bar stock for the answer. I may just hook my hit & miss to something else, Instead of ice cream, why not do a peanut roaster? and (3) if you insist on using a hit and miss engine, adding a heavy flywheel to the countershaft will help even out the power. // http://onyx.idbsu.edu/~ipowell months[11]="November"; “As far as I know we’re the only company that sells a kit to make your own ice cream cart. Making Ice Cream with a Lauson L Hit N Miss Engine - YouTube I have tried to answer and give my advise for using and mainlining your ice cream churn. It has 120 tooth bull gear and drives off a 15 tooth countershaft gear, giving me 8 to 1 reduction. months[1]="January"; SMOKSTAK® is a Registered Trade Mark I'm sure the ice cream will taste wonderful however you decide to build it. Sadly, the owner, Mr. Scrivner passed away. Welded T handle lays flat to the ground for clearance and convenience. After a few pages of sketches I set out to make some chips fly and built a homemade 3 HP hit-and-miss gas engine. // End --> My whole setup is made from a T.L. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.