We're sorry, we are unable to process your feedback at this time. Hipsters is proudly sponsored by: This morning, Wizards of the Coast banned both Hogaak, Risen Necropolis and Faithless Looting from the Modern format, effective August 30, 2019. $0.46, As low as: I dont personnally like some of the card choices, but they arent bad choices, jist cards I dont like as much. Just a few initial thoughts! Ramp Ramping in a Hogaak deck can be a bit tricky as our Commander doesn’t benefit from lands. Hi everyone and welcome to this second article of my series Commander Exercise, where I build Commander decks to exercise myself in the noble art of brewing. )Overwhelming Stampede could let us finish the game if we have our Commander and various other creatures on the field, like the ones generated by the Avenger of Zendikar or Garruk.Ramunap Excavator can help us recover the land we end up dredging. Garruk, Cursed Huntsman can also act as a Removal and his emblem is an anthem effect. Commander Exercise 2 – Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis, Commander Exercise 3 - Tasigur, the Golden Fang, Exploding Goblins: a janky brew for Zendikar Rising's Standard, Gokushufudou: The Way Of The House Husband - Chp. RampRamping in a Hogaak deck can be a bit tricky as our Commander doesn’t benefit from lands. The Vivid lands are not good lands and even on a budget there's better options. Decklist Stats Sample Hand. Here's the deck link: The Deck that Death Forgot [[PRIMER]]. This site © 2020 TappedOut.net, LLC 1, Commander Exercise 17 - Kaza, Roil Chaser, R.J. Parker – Crystal Shadows, Gripping New Blood. BONUS POINTS: If you post a good description of your deck, I'll upvote it. Having double the amount of Swamps than Forests is problematic when playing one drop mana dorks. Auto-suggestions. Sorcery (6) 4 Faithless Looting 2 Mind Rake. Playtest v1. Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis is probably pretty close to what you are looking for, and I can certainly attest to it's power (it was recently banned in modern). Creatures and artifacts that began the game in the phantomboard would not be allowed to be tapped for any reason at any time (could not activate tap abilities), and creatures would not be able to attack or block if they were from the phantomboard. Trample Pro Tip! by smilodex, Kodama of the East Graveyard You may cast Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis from your graveyard. Seems like he'd just be a beat-stick in this build unless Im missing something. Have 1.2605068e+24 mana floating in your mana pool (this actually happened once). $0.04, As low as: Date Reviewed: September 9, 2019. Personally, my favorite decks are my Kruphix and Sidisi decks. Discord Server | Each card you exile from your graveyard pays for . 5 min to read . The power of Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis could be enough to make a deck full of cheap and small creatures like this competitive, or at least playable. So Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis wasn’t broken because burn didn’t run it? $0.15, As low as: Change ). Deckcycle Deckcycle Feature Queue. That depends on if Benthehen333 wants to add Convoke as another ability to the set or not. Jarad's Orders and Final Parting are nice budget tutors with Meren. by magehuntz, Izoni Combo ( Log Out /  Hopefully I’ll find it time for MC Barcelona. Here's some perfectly normal late-game plays. InfectWith Hoogak being already an 8/8, infect is really a fast win condition. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. $0.03, As low as: by wbhorn, Getting the banned back together Demon's Disciple is an upgrade for Merciless Executioner since if an opponent doesn't have a creature, but has a Planeswalker they have to sac a Planeswalker. CardHoarder 124.8 TIX. For the manabase my advice is play an equal amount of Forests and Swamps because you have one drop green mana dorks who you want to be able to consistently play turn one which a Forest is the best land option for the manabase to do that. This was my attempt to build a Voltron Hogaak deck.Feel free to leave some of your suggestion and advice on how to improve the deck.Also suggest me which legendary creature I should build around for the next article. by legendofa. To overcome this, we play various mana dorks that can ramp us or be tapped to convoke our Commander. That seems somewhat boring to me. Some upgrade I would have considered with an higher budget are for sure the Swords. They aren't reliable enough to warrant ETB tapped and even if you have a way to put more counters on them with proliferate I still think they're not worth playing even over more basic lands. Feeds | LandsThe lands are the classical ones you can see played in a Golgari deck, but there are some notable mentions:Dakmore Savage also have a dredge effect that can help us filling our graveyard.Khalni Garden is a land that also put a bodies on the field.Rogue’s Passage is optimal to let our commander be unblocked and possibly one-shot our opponents. Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis – Modern Horizons. ), Hogaak: My Favorite (Infinite) Combo Deck It's just a beater, but you want more than that with high CMC creatures in Commander. The biggest problem with Hogaak is that it's pretty much only legal in legacy, vintage and commander. EVEN MORE BONUS POINTS: If you describe a fun game you played with it, I'll comment! What's your favorite deck, and why? Edit. Graveyard FillerOne of the fastest way to cast Hogaak is to use its delve ability to pay most of its cost; so we play different creatures that can help us fill the graveyard. Has Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis been doing any work for you without Bridge from Below? Additionally, if a card from the Phantomboard leaves the field, it can not go back to the field or hand either, in a similar fashion. Hogaak is a messed-up card, and I’m sure there will be a way to break it. If a card leaves the Phantomboard, it can never go back (if a card such as Elixir of Immortality is played, the cards remain in the grave). I think the deck is pretty solid for semi-competive. Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis. While it was eventually banned in Modern, Hogaak continues to rise from the grave in … $3.85, As low as: Creature that makes other creature when entering the battlefield, like Lazotep Reaver, can help cast our Commander even sooner. If they are playing an artifact deck, you can use Collector Ouphe. Creatures like Ravenous Chupacabra and Reclamation Sage can still be useful in convoking our Commander, when they stuck on the battlefield after acting as a removal. Grafted Exoskeleton makes it a 10/10 with Infect, precisely enough to eliminate a player, if left unblocked. Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis. A turn 1 Stitcher’s Supplier, followed by a turn 2 Satyr Wayfinder can makes us cast Hoogak on the second turn of the game. $0.05, As low as: Primarily, each mainboard would also have a "phantomboard". VoltronFireshrieker is one of the best piece we have; enabling double strike on Hogaak, makes our commander capable, with a little bit of help, of one-shotting players.Prowler’s Helm can help connect our Commander directly to the opponent and Ring of Xathrid grows it slowly but steadily. RemovalSome of the classic removals in Golgari colors, but based more on the ones that leaves a body behind. WOW, SO MANY BONUS POINTS: Remember, mutual upvotes are appreciated. If you see a deck you like, upvote it! Basically, players would play the game with a single deck of 60 cards and a single deck of 20 cards (the phantomboard). Thanks to its abilities of both Delve and Convoke it’s possible to have it on the battlefield even on turn 2. Buried Alive is excellent to tutor for any three creatures and put them into your graveyard, one of the best cards with Meren. ( Log Out /  As a rule of thumb, I like my ramp to cap out at 2 CMC unless needed for other purposes/combos. ReanimationWith all the card that we are going to dredge to the graveyard, ways to retrieve them are very welcome. It's already true that Convoke can only be used by tapping creatures, but it can also satisfy colored mana requirements if the tapped creature shares a color. Heartless Act is also a better removal spell as you can remove counters in addition and you dont need any red mana. If we're thinking of a card like Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis where you can only cast the card by using convoke, you can up the power of it a lot since it's harder to cast a spell without using any mana. For perspective, 1 billion has 10 digits. Collective Brutality gives you a lot of options but the deck doesn't seem to need the bottom abilities as the life steal is only good with synergies backing it up and the -2/-2 is just a bad removal as it is a sorcery card and cannot be used in response to anything and the upper ability can be gotten much cheaper from other cards, in addition you should instead get som red instants to boost your board in combat. Everything comes together at once for one explosive turn. Cathartic Reunion Is Very similar to Faithless Looting if you want more deck fillers around your keycards.. Having 3 Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis in your deck is maybe a bit much because it is a legendary creature so having 2 will be enough if you want to be sure to get it at least once per game. As low as: $0.00. Modern Horizons Rarity, #: R, 202 Card Type: Legendary Creature — Avatar P / T: 8 / 8 Description: You can't spend mana to cast this spell. On Monday, Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis will be banned in Modern*, ending over two months of domination that will be remembered as the infamous “Zombie Summer” of 2019. Desecrated Tomb is also a good card that let’s us “re-use” the creature in our graveyard that we exile with Delve. I decided to go with a Voltron deck based around him and try to win the game thanks to Commander damage.It should not be really hard to continuously recast our Commander due to its third ability; he can be cast from the graveyard, so in most cases we can choose to cast it from there without paying the Commander Tax. Thank you for your feedback! Cathartic Reunion Is Very similar to Faithless Looting if you want more deck fillers around your keycards. Hogaak is a really powerful creature that caused quite a bit of problems in the Modern format. TutorsIn black we have some cheap but awesome tutors and so why don’t run a pair of them?Diabolic Tutor is a weaker version of the demonic or the vampiric one and Mausoleum Secrets can be really strong by abusing of our graveyard interactions. Here you can find the deck list, as the last time I self-imposed myself a budget of 200$:Commander Exercise 2 – Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis. Other CardsBoth the Garruk can give us bodies to help us convoke Hogaak. by Rekabd, Best Commanders in EDH [Tier List] I do not think anger/disappointment should be directed towards those who build those decks, but the creators of MTG, because the people would not create those decks if they were not successful, and the game's design allows those decks to be successful.