We were horrified as we still had two large glasses full of wine and didn't ask for the bill. Place was busy so was expecting good things. The drinks are pricey. Good vegan options- I enjoyed the idli sambhar! Named after the Sri Lankan breakfast staple – a crispy, bowl-shaped pancake made from rice flour and coconut milk – Hoppers takes you on a culinary journey through Sri Lanka and Southern India. She returned to the table with card machine which again we didn't ask to pay yet. These karis and grills are ideal for sharing. Wow.... friendly staff, incredible interior, and beautiful food. Visit the Tom Dixon flagship store and studio at Coal Drops Yard, Get kitted out at the Nike store on King's Boulevard, The N1C Community Centre has programmes for over the 55s, under 5s and everyone in between, King's Cross Academy, the new primary and nursery school at King's Cross is accepting applications. Coal Drops Yard - the new shopping district in the heart of King's Cross. For more information about our use of cookies, please see our Cookies and Privacy Notice. Overall lovely little treat and great to try something different. There was loads of fish scales in the fish kari, totally put me off eating any more of it. Shame to see the prawn kari is no longer on the menu. The two restaurants share an alfresco dining space, with outdoor seating now a common feature of restaurants in the area – nearby German Gymnasium, The Lighterman and Granary Square Brasserie all boast terraces. Save. The Leading Hotels Of The World in London, Small Luxury Hotels of the World in London, Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs Hotels, Hotels with Complimentary Breakfast in London, Hotels near V&A - Victoria and Albert Museum, Late Night European Restaurants in London, Restaurants for Special Occasions in London, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in London, Eastern European Restaurants with Delivery in Hammersmith / Fulham. The menu features King’s Cross exclusives such as Sizzling Beef Poriyal, Blue Swimmer Crab Kari, Black Pepper Curry Leaf Prawns, Mussel Hodi and String Hoppers and Ambulthial Cutlets. King’s Cross Poor management and poor service! The chukka butter grilled sea bream was unlike anything I have ever tasted and their black pork curry was even better. Are you sure you want to delete this question? - however, the food was below average and came at different times to each other (which would have been fine if the server had flagged it). Amazing food accompanied by great service & an effervescent atmosphere! Pancras Square You could say this is quite a hip Hoppers. Just a poor experience from the welcome "crap" ....service "rushed".... food "average" this place is believing its own hype, our worst restaurant experience in over 20 years, Move yourselves and get over here. The bar at King’s Cross will be bigger than the ones at Hoppers’ current sites, and will feature a wide selection of beers; including two of Hopper’s own brewed beers. Our website uses ‘cookies’ to give you the best, most relevant experience. We had the bone marrow which was amazing as was the Lamb roti, the bbq hispi cabbage was awesome!! 4.7 (50+ ratings) 5. Award winning restaurant serving Sri Lankan and South Indian inspired dishes, including Hoppers, Dosas, Rice, Roast, Kothu & Arrack. I was incredibly underwhelmed with the Lamb Kothu roti. Would definitely go back. Maybe it was an off day for the establishment.More, First time at Hoppers and was fab. This is one of those...places where the price is totally worth the food. We take reservations for 2 guests or more for lunch and dinner. Whats more, there are loads and it doesnt seem like you can' Are the prices at this restaurant mid-range / moderate? No Covid concerns. You are requesting to book Hoppers King's Cross for people on at . The inspiration for Hoppers King’s Cross follows the much-travelled coastal journey from Colombo, the island’s capital, to the historical Dutch town of Galle. Pros Would probably order from the a la carte if I were to go again, Huge disappointment - costly and bad service. Hoppers could learn many things from them. Claimed. Now, a third location has been added to the mix with the introduction of Hoppers King’s Cross. Unit 3, Building 4 The quick and easy way to get the latest on openings, happenings, festivals and events. A new retail concept inspired by the corner shops of Sri Lanka! We really enjoyed them all. Very good service and lovely food. We’ll hold the below info until you say otherwise by unsubscribing in the Destination KX email. close eye on us because as soon as we had our last bite she came over and slapped the bill on our table. Felt very comfortable with the social distancing measures in place. The Prawns were great!More, Me and my partner booked a table for two at Hoppers on a Friday night. Hoppers - King’s Cross. We had only been there for an hour and already getting chucked out. The original Hoppers opened in Soho back in 2015 and quickly became a cult favourite. Will definitely be returning to try the rest of the menu. Unit 3, 4 Pancras Square, King’s Cross, London N1C 4AG. The Sri Lankan eatery’s popularity has endured, with the group opening a second site in St Christopher’s Place in 2017. …inspired by your one-stop corner stores of Sri Lanka & South India. Hoppers King's Cross is the first Hoppers location to feature an extended bar, serving two of Hoppers own-brewed beers on tap, alongside sharing punches, tropical swizzles and coolers. Following the government's latest announcement on national restrictions, here's how we're making King's Cross safe for you, Enjoy the great outdoors at King's Cross - acres of wide open space and outdoor art, A hidden treasure winds its way through King's Cross, A collection of stylish studio, one, two and three-bedroom apartments at the heart of King's Cross, Canalside apartments in a piece of King’s Cross history - visit the Gasholders London website, Find a home in London's new creative quarter - contact the residential marketing suite, 175,000 sq ft on Handyside Street at the heart of the King's Cross development, 35,000 sq ft at the heart of the King's Cross development. Followed by 3 curries with string noodles with 2 portions of lamb chops. The interiors take cues from iconic landmarks along the route, including Bentota Railway Station […] The Sri Lankan eatery’s popularity has endured, with the group opening a second site in St Christopher’s Place in 2017. …inspired by your one-stop corner stores of Sri Lanka & South India. The food and drinks are also pricy and came to £50 (without service charge) - my friend and I were still hungry after. We’re big fans of their original spot in Soho and although they’ve brought their signature egg hoppers, bone marrow varuval, and lamb shank buriani with them to St Pancras Square you’ll find plenty of new things on the menu. I expressed my disappointment about the service to the manager and he just shrugged his shoulders and didn't say much about it. Hoppers in King’s Cross is the latter. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. All photos (28) … If you continue without changing your settings we’ll assume you are happy to receive cookies on our website. Share. Disappointed after looking at a number of good reviews. Loved it loved it, will miss it so much during lockdown 2.0More, We had an early quick supper at Hoppers and really enjoyed it. to shout about. Featuring Ready-To-Cook Meal Kits, Cocktails, Restaurant-Blend Spices, our Own-Brew Beers, and some of our favourite Merchandise, we look forward to bringing a little piece of Sri Lanka & South India to your homes, via London. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. Bao resides on the ground floor, while Hoppers takes up residence on the first. Reviews of vegan-friendly restaurant Hoppers - King's Cross in London, England 'No more vegan sidelining at Hoppers which has thankfully started marking vegan options at last. Opening in Pancras Square in February, this new Hoppers branch takes inspiration from the well-travelled coastal route from Colombo to the historical town of Galle. Cute restaurant. What is more disappointing about Hoppers was the service. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. OUR WALK IN POLICY Purchase a Gift Card. We ordered 4 separate dishes and of the four only one was actually tasty. Staying true to Hoppers’ philosophy of family-style feasting, the menu features exclusive bar bites, seafood grills and beach-side snacks. Cons Overall i did enjoy some of the food but did think it was very overpriced for 4 of us £220 . Can a vegan person get a good meal at this restaurant? 4 Pancras Square Unit 3, London N1C 4AG England. We were horrified as we still had two large glasses full of wine and didn't ask for the bill. Hoppers are bringing a third branch of their award-winning Sri Lankan restaurant to King’s Cross next month. Butter paneer, chilli cheese dosa and plantain cutlets were the biggest wins. The King’s Cross branch also features Hoppers’ first-ever bar concept, where you can stop by for drinks, bar bites and ‘short eats’. 21/1/20 - updated with the opening date. I felt like I had to defend myself to explain my service charge against the attacking nature of the manager - he eventually handed over the bill but the experience shocked me and left me never wanting to come back. 4 Pancras Square Unit 3, … No Covid concerns. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Portions also smaller for the price charged. Overall i did enjoy some of the food but did think it was very overpriced for 4 of us £220 .More, Had heard good things about this restaurant so we decided to go as a group. The Leading Hotels Of The World in London, Small Luxury Hotels of the World in London, Hotels near V&A - Victoria and Albert Museum, Late Night European Restaurants in London, Restaurants for Special Occasions in London, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in London, Mediterranean Restaurants for Special Occasions in Camden. We were really looking forward to it and it didn’t disappoint! Hoppers King’s Cross is not a stand-alone venue though, as it’s housed in the same building as a new branch of Taiwanese steamed bun merchants Bao, another JKS investment. Service was standard, nothing...More, I can’t fault the food for a moment but was very disappointed with their response to Covid 19. Overall lovely little treat and great to try something different.More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Found in Pancras Square, which sits between St Pancras and Granary Square, the third London site for Hoppers is the biggest in its portfolio and is overseen by founders JKS restaurants, who are responsible for several London success stories including Brigadiers, Bubbledogs, Gymkhana and Lyle’s. We were attracted there by the information of all their precautions on their website but when we got there we could not sit outside as the weather...More, We were sitting cheek to jowl with the next table, separated by a very low partition which reached up to mid face level.