Die Doshas, Hoppers und vorallem die Chutneys waren klasse! Attentive service without being overbearing. Featuring Ready-To-Cook Meal Kits, Cocktails, Restaurant-Blend Spices, our Own-Brew Beers, and some of our favourite Merchandise, we look forward to bringing a little piece of Sri Lanka & South India to your homes, via London. Cookie Policy. Anyone who knows anything about this cuisine knows that the sambhar is part of the meal. Sides: I would definitely return and highly recommend.More, Although the weather was against us, we braved it and sat outside, but no fear, the food was excellent and the service was fast and courteous. 49 Frith Street Soho, London W1D 4SG England, recommendations when I couldn’t pick what curry to have with my hopper. So rude of you to submit this as a question to Hoppers' reviewers. - pilau rice - nothing special - goat roti but doesn’t look like its available anymore. 1,5 bis 2 Stunden Wartezeit hieß es dann am Eingang, die wir in einem der vielen netten Pubs in direkter Umgebung verbrachten. - lamb shank kari, this also doesn’t look available anymore but they still have a lamb option which probably tastes similar. Dismiss this message. It’s just a cheap way to make more money because they know that whoever orders a dosa will end up ordering sambhar. Will be going back...and can't wait....usually you can't book here so this is one plus to the current restrictions.More, We visited yesterday for a post lockdown belated birthday lunch. The unpretentious surroundings the attentive and responsive service but above all - the food! - lamb shank kari, this also doesn’t look available anymore but they still have a lamb option which probably tastes similar. Bit disappointing. Karis: However, a new branch of Hoppers has opened in St. Christopher’s Place and you can book there. Kothus: I would definitely return and highly recommend. Raksha masks, Sri Lankan poster art and Tamil comic imagery adorn the walls along with pineapple and money plants. Wir kamen um 12.30 hierher und mussten ca. View restaurant website. Fantastic value for money and definitely worth a visit! I highly recommend the tasting menu to get everything this place has to offer. Die Getränkepreise sind sehr hoch, zu hoch. which were lovely - the vodka and green papaya and the Colombo gin and tonic. Für Leute, die nicht wissen, worum es geht: Denken Sie daran, eine Pizza ohne Sauce oder Toppings oder ein Hühnercurry zu bekommen, bei dem Sie für das Curry extra bezahlen müssen. Hoppers is a lovely buzzy Sri Lankan restaurant in the heart of Soho. A revelation. Bei der Bestimmung dieser Bestenliste wird die Entfernung der Hotels, Restaurants und Sehenswürdigkeiten zum betreffenden Standort gegen die Bewertungen unserer Mitglieder zu diesen Hotels, Restaurants und Sehenswürdigkeiten aufgerechnet. Dosa/ hopper: It’s a larger restaurant with the... Hi. It’s a larger restaurant with the same great food. Leider gibt es bei...Tripadvisor mittlerweile eine Inflation der guten Bewertungen. Als wir dann endlich per sms informiert wurden, dass ein...Tisch für uns frei wird suchten wir das Restaurant schnell auf, denn nach 5 Minuten verfällt der Anspruch auf einen Tisch wieder. That’s very rude and very sad. To book please use the ‘book a table’ link in the navigation above. beschäftigt! Mein Bier Rib Fry war einer der schönsten Vorspeisen, die ich je hatte. Food recommendations: It’s just a cheap way to make more money because they know that whoever orders a dosa will end up ordering sambhar. - lamb shank kari, this also doesn’t look available anymore but they still have a lamb option which probably tastes similar. However, a new branch of Hoppers has opened in St. Christopher’s Place and you can book there. Service is casual but efficient and the food is great. A couple of other waiters who served us were nice and friendly too. Wonderful...such delicious flavours beautifully and exotically balanced. Wir glauben aber, schon bessere Currys gegessen zu haben, obwohl sie durchaus sehr gut waren. This place claims to be serving authentic cuisine but is functioning in this completely inauthentic way. Ich würde das Lokal dennoch weiterempfehlen, wenn einen die Preise nicht stören.Mehr, Fantastisches Sri Lanka Essen, sogar besser als was man in Sri Lanka bekommt dank der höheren Qualität der Zutaten, Fleisch etc. Unsure , but best to call them and double check . The interior of Hoppers features warm terracotta tiles, a woven rattan ceiling and ochre brick wall finishes. - yogurt is very nice, have never had such nice tasting yogurt, also needed if you can’t handle the spicy food. The decor inside is great with lots of Sri Lankan memorabilia, taking us back to wonderful times on this beautiful island. You can’t book the Soho branch, you queue from 5.30 and either get a table or go on a list. Cost £40 for two people (approx.) But was very small and I believe around £3.50 for one. Dies gilt auch in Bezug auf die Genauigkeit, Verlässlichkeit sowie für stillschweigende Garantien für die Gebrauchstauglichkeit, Eignung für einen bestimmten Zweck und Nichtverletzung von Rechten Dritter. Attentive service without being overbearing. Expensive. Thin and crispy dosas with a perfectly spiced and generously portioned goat curry. Tried both, the hopper is very milky, weird texture and taste. We got their version of a cola, which tasted different. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. We couldn't get enough of the chilli cheese dosas too. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. I haven’t written my review yet but I’m gonna highlight that. For people who don’t get what am on about: think of being served a pizza without any sauce or toppings or a chicken curry where you have to pay extra for the curry. Es ist nur ein billiger Weg, um mehr Geld zu verdienen, weil sie wissen, dass jeder, der eine Dosa bestellt, am Ende Sambhar bestellt.